OREGON 2006: Look Who's Coming - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #41

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
This will be our first time attending a fiberglass RV rally. We will be in B-49 if we can make the 3500 miles from South Carolina which we plan to do.

Martin and Catherine
Martin D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #42

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Brenda & Nolan
Martin & Catherine,
that is great that you are coming to the 06 gathering, if you haven't been to the west coast I hope that you have time to see the Redwoods in northern Ca. and the Oregon coast.
If you need any info on things to see on the way out and while you are here just ask and someone will come on and help you out. Jay
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:04 PM   #43

Trailer: 1974 Scamp 13 ft
I will be in A-39, I think , with a grandaughter or two in tow....hopefully in my Scamp this year instead of a tent . Can't wait to see everyone!
Karen R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #44

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I get so excited every time there is a registration that comes through for the Gathering. I can picture in my mind everyone who has come in the past and it's like meeting long-lost friends again. It is also very exciting to get the registrations from new people -- new possibilities and new stories.

Right now... in the beginning of January, there are current 90 sites registered for the Gathering!

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #45

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
I get so excited every time there is a registration that comes through for the Gathering. I can picture in my mind everyone who has come in the past and it's like meeting long-lost friends again. It is also very exciting to get the registrations from new people -- new possibilities and new stories.

Right now... in the beginning of January, there are current 90 sites registered for the Gathering!

Nancy

Where did everyone go? Boy, that was some party Gina !!!

Donna, have you seen Bills' slippers?

Nancy, you were there in spirit and we thought you wore a lovely outfit

Bill, Jacquie and "Tilly the Trillium" will be in space A 11. We have aquired an old cast iron corn bread pan and we are anxious to get things cooking.

Thank You Nancy!!!!!! Thank You for all the effort that you and your family devote to making this Gathering so special.

Bill and Jacquie
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #46

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
just booked spot B31. First time to a Fiberglass camp out. Should be fun.
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #47

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Fiber Stream [ [b]5 ] [10.87%]
Woo Hoo!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #48

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
Dee and I with Missy (The Boss) will be in B45 from July 13 to July 18. Can't miss out on our fourth year!
Jayfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 PM   #49

Trailer: 2004 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe and 2001 13 ft Casita Patriot Deluxe
We'll be in B18 Sat & Sun

Our friend Phil Jo will be in B59
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF4404.JPG   DSCF4405.JPG  

1969 25' Airstream Trade Wind (Modified)
Glen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #50

Hi ther,

we just got a site, B42, but later i saw that they recommend no more than 16 ft in this site. Well 16 ft trailer or 24 ft motor home. Anybody know what the site looks like??

Anyway, we will be there.

Joseph and Melanie
fulltiming since August 2005
currently in San Marcos, TX

Click image for larger version

Name:	greeting_card.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1301
Joseph and Melanie Castine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #51

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
hummm, my records show a 13' Scamp being in B45 last year...let me see if I can find the 2004 listing. Maybe a 16 footer was there I know the Rangers are really picky about keeping all the tugs on asphalt. Surely if it's a full-hookup spot they wouldn't have built something really, really tiny. Maybe you can angle your tug in if necessary

I forgot, most of us were in C Loop in 2004...just checked my records..no one from the Gathering was in B45 in 2004...sorry
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:41 PM   #52

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
we just got a site, B42, but later i saw that they recommend no more than 16 ft in this site. Well 16 ft trailer or 24 ft motor home.
I just looked up my print-out from Reserve America, and my Pink form from Oregon Parks & Recreation. I have the same statement. I think all of the sites in B-Loop are similar. The total length of the paved driveway is [b]40 feet, and ends at a huge concrete, or stone "bumper" in the back, for those of us who attended the "Braille School of Driving". The total length of my Fiber Stream plus Honda Odyssey is [b]35 feet. I have a "High-Lift" axle arrangement, and last year my trailer actually overhang the block. My entry door is in the back; (think mirror-image Casita Liberty floorplan), and we used that big honking block for a stoop; never needed to put out the stepstool.

Unless you tow with an exceptionally long, longbed crewcab pickup truck, you'll be fine. A word of caution, many spaces are not angled, they are perpendicular. Practice your backing skills! Or sell tickets to watch!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:18 AM   #53

Name:	jansworkshop2.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	954

In 05, Jan & Lucinda kliewer from Wyoming had their Scamp 5th wheel in B 42 with lots of room. They even gave a talk on fiberglass repair with several of us attending it and Nancy took some pictures and maybe she has one she could post. Jay

I found a picture of Jans work shop in site B 42
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #54

Donna, Jay and others We thank all of you. really, this site is great and we can't wait to meet all of you. Thank you!!! We'll be fine in that site. The Casita can hang over if needed and we have an Astro Van.

Yeahh.

Joe and Melanie
Fulltiming since August, 2005
Currently in San Marcos, Tx
come on down and say hello.

This is us at Lake Palestine, TX in November
Attached Thumbnails
greeting_card.jpg  
Old 01-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #55

Trailer: 98 Burro 17 ft Widebody
Send a message via MSN to Orville Grote
Hi all. Orville, Linda, Noodle and Mariah will be in B-44
on the 10th thru the 16th. See ya!
Orville Grote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #56

Trailer: 13 ft Boler (The Arctic Eggloo)
Hello All!!! Well, I finally was able to re-register for this Forum! For some reason, it kicked me out afew months ago and I haven't been able to get back in! ( I am somewhat computor challenged )

So, I can't remember if I posted my site so here goes!

Jamie and the Arctic Eggloo will be back again this summer! I am returning to my old haunt (A7)

It's about this time of year that I start dreamin' about July in Bandon! Went to visit the Egg yesterday and I think I have a general idea of where it is....there was a slight hump in the field of snow....

I keep telling myself...IT"S ONLY 5 and a half months away!!!

See you all There!!!

jamie
Jamie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #57

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Hello All!!! Well, I finally was able to re-register for this Forum! For some reason, it kicked me out afew months ago and I haven't been able to get back in! ( I am somewhat computor challenged )
jamie
Jamie,

Good to see you. This website got hacked and all the database was lost. We are rebuidling and updating everything. So please feel free to post any photos and mods you’ve done.

Also, Lori and I will be a Bandon this year. Hope to see you then.

Sending a little sun your way.
My brother left Fairbanks, Alaska and retired to Washington before the termination dust last year.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:21 AM   #58

Trailer: 1996 16 ft Scamp
I am registered in C-5. Will be arriving Friday, 14th departing Monday, 17th -- that is, if the snow melts in Idaho by that time!

Raunie Aasland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:00 PM   #59

Quote:
I will be in A5. I am planning to come early to get in some kayaking this year. At least I won't be waiting for the windows to be re-installed before leaving! (Last year, that job was completed 1 hour before I departed).

Jackie,

we'll be in B42 from July 11th on... With our kayak!!!! Where did you go last year??

Joseph and Melanie

Name:	dreamland_bbq_Large_e_mail_view.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1302
Old 01-30-2006, 04:52 PM   #60

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Quote:
we'll be in B42 from July 11th on... With our kayak!!!! Where did you go last year??

Joseph and Melanie
Eric and I ended up going about 10 miles up the Coquille River for a quiet paddle, due to the high winds on the coast. If we are lucky this year, we can paddle in the bay at the mouth of the river. If it is windy again, we can set up a shuttle and paddle down the 10 miles between the boat ramp and the campground...that would be a nice paddle!

Nancy - you were exploring getting a kayak...were you able to do that?
Attached Thumbnails
kayak.jpg  
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote