OREGON 2006: Quilting Workshop - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2006, 11:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel

Name:   coquille_pattern.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  6.3 KB
If you like to quilt and/or want to learn to foundation piece a small project as a souvenir from the Oregon Gathering this summer, you can join us in this small project! It is a foundation-pieced Coquille River Lighthouse quilt that you can make into a pillow or a wall hanging.

For more information about the project and to communicate with the teacher, you may email Suzan Williams (of Anacortes, WA) at: suzanquilts@comcast.net

Plan to have fun, most of all, with this little project and to enjoy the company of other quilters in the process. This workshop is one of the workshop choices at 1:00 on Saturday.

Here is the information you will want before making the Coquille River Lighthouse quilt:
The pattern and kit of fabric are available separately at Forget-Me-Knot quilt shop in Bandon, OR. They cost about $8.00 each. Forget-Me-Knots Quilt Store (Click Here)

You may buy your pattern ahead of time or contact the shop to tell them you will want to come in to buy it before the class, mid-July.

We are using pattern SOL 101 Coquille River Lighthouse Bandon, OR.
size 9 3/4" high x 9 1/2" wide. Borders and other fabrics are according to personal preference.

If you are experienced and have a stash of suitable fabrics, you will want to use your own fabrics. Otherwise, you can buy the optional kit of fabric.

Since we are making this project on our camp-out, we will trace the foundation onto plain lightweight muslin fabric and hand-piece. You will want to bring some muslin fabric or lightweight pellon for this purpose. A piece 20 inches square or so will do.
You will also want to bring all ordinary sewing supplies:
  • needle (number 9 sharp or whatever you prefer)
  • Scissors
  • Thread
  • Marking pen (a fine permanent marker for tracing)
  • Black embroidery thread and embroidery needle
See you there!
Suzan
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #2

You can write to Suzan's email or respond to this thread.

Nancy
Old 05-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #3

Trailer: 17 Casita Spirit
What a great idea! I will be there. I always bring my sewing machine!!

Carolyn
Carolyn Sapiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 Casita
Hi Suzan,

I am interested in your quilting project. Is there a phone number I can call to buy the kit? Do I need to bring my sewing machine to do this?

TeddyL
Teddy Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:17 PM   #5

I got this email from Linda G.

Hi Nancy, I would love to participate in the quilt class. If people have trouble getting the pattern,it is availabe at http://www.lighthousequilts.com/ "Sentries of Light". Thanks for your info.

Linda G
Old 05-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #6

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Hi Nancy

I'd like to participate in the workshop but am having trouble ordering from the Forget-me-Nots site. Do you have a phone # for them? Also, do I need to bring a machine?

Kathy Walthinsen
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:09 PM   #7

Quote:
I'd like to participate in the workshop but am having trouble ordering from the Forget-me-Knots site. Do you have a phone # for them? Also, do I need to bring a machine?
Hi Kathy,

You can go here to order the block directly from the designer: Sentries of Light

...Or here's the telephone number for Sentries of Light: (209) 357-3494

...Or, here's the telephone number of the quilt store in Bandon: 1-800-347-9021

No, you do not need your sewing machine. Suzan is going to do the block as a hand-pieced and hand-quilted project. People can always bring their sewing machines if they have small ones and don't want to hand-piece the block, but a machine is not required.

Nancy
Old 06-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #8

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Hi Suzan,
I would love to participate in the workshop. Thanks for volunteering.
Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #9

Trailer: Perris Pacer 1979
Good morning Suzan:

I'm going to participate too. I just got off the phone with the Quilt Shop in Bandon, and they are holding my pattern (Coquille River Lighthouse) and the kit for me. $8.00 each, or $16.00 for both. I have quilted with my mother lots, but have never done a foundation piece of quilting, at least I don't think I have. Anyway, I gave them our webpage and directions to the Oregon Gathering 2006 forum so they could look us up. Currently it looks like there are about 5 of us. But, I think if we individually want them to hold a pattern and/or kit with fabric, we need to each call and let them know.
The name and number are:
Forget-Me-Knot Quilt Shop, 1-800-347-9021.

I'm really looking forward to this workshop.

Thanks so much. Chari
Chari Benckendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #10

I was just in Bandon last weekend and noticed the Forget-Me-Knots Quilt Shop has moved to the main 101 highway (on the east side). For those of you who remember where things were located in Bandon last year.... They are now located in the store that used to be the Christmas Shop, which is the building right next to the old Bandon Cheese Factory (which closed this year. ).

Nancy
Old 06-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #11

~Just moving this topic to the top of the list.~