Quartzsite Gathering - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #21

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2002
Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the great 'GPS and site directions'. Lord willing, I'll
be there around the 3rd or 4th., and hope to meet you all. Joyce U. and Frederick , I know. I met you at Bullards Beach, Bandon Gathering last July.

Drive Safely Everyone !

Sue Andrecht (Susanna)
Susanna A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 AM   #22

Trailer: 1985 16 ft Casita
Fellow FGRVers,

Glad to hear from all of you who are going to be attending The Quartzsite Gathering!
I am uncertain about what day Michelle and I will becoming out because of uncertainties at work. However, if we can't get out there early (4th or 5th) I'll post actual GPS coordinates from George for any late arrivals.
Also, I'll be briging a "big" pot in case anyone wants to do the "soup" thing again this year.
I'll also be bringing firewood and ask anyone else who can to bring some.

Can't wait to get out there! Doug and Shell
Douglas Knudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
We can't arrive until Saturday afternoon, but are looking forward to the egg rally.
Dave and Judy Stump
djstump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #24

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I am looking forward to this. A week away! After literally living in my rig all summer in the same spot on weekends, this will be my first "camping for fun" trip since last spring.

I did a short one niter out at a desert campground to watch a storm, but that was more using the rig as a viewing platform out of the weather than camping.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:35 AM   #25

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Angry

Sorry to say I'm not going to make it. Time constraints won't allow a longer trip now and I'm looking at 600 miles each way for just the Quartzite Gathering. Still planning to do AZ and NM, but it will have to wait until March. Have a good one!
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #26

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
Looks likewe can't come either this time. We have a painting business and when people want to give you money...........Sigh I really wanted to talk with you all and see your eggs, and of course show off our new baby...

Alexandra and Mataniu
Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #27

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Bob and Peggy, Alexandra and Mataniu
Sorry you guys can not make it this year.
Hope to see you next year.

George and Betty
George Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #28

We have directions to the Gathering;

The Mother Ship has landed (you had to be there). Bud and Carol are there and have camped at almost the same area we had last year. They said it's about 100 yards to the West. Ranger Duke and Bev are there along with a couple of others. Bety and I will be there Wed AM.

Aprox GPS N33 deg 38.606
W114 deg 18.171

It's 1 1/2 miles east of the Dome Rock Rd. exit, south side of the frontage road.

See You There

George and Betty
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #29

Registry
I don't have GPS, But I am betting I can find it

Old 02-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #30

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
"Bob and Peggy, Alexandra and Mataniu
Sorry you guys can not make it this year.
Hope to see you next year."

What George said!! We'll miss ya - L 'n D
Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 AM   #31

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Wish we were there!!! Howdy to you all. Enjoy a "peep" for us, and we pray it won't rain on your parade.

According to the weather predictions it looks like I'll probably be operating a snow plow here at home. No complaints though, we need the moisture.

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #32

Trailer: Oliver
The Oliver Road Crew were all looking forward to being in the group at Dome Rock- but alas, life put a quirk in our plans. Our son, Sgt. David N. Roach, has been called back into active combat duty in Iraq...he will be shipping out February 10---Big David left two days ago to go into Tennessee to spend a few days with him before he deploys. So..Evon and Pam are holding down the "fort" here in Quartzsite. Please...stop by if you are in Quartzsite for the rally...We are in Desert Gardens on Kuehn Rd. Please pray for our son...and the freedom of "Our Wonderful USA"!
Pam Roach
Pam Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #33

Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 Series (25C9.6E 'Yeti')
Send a message via Yahoo to Pat And Arleen
We will pray that for him, and all of the troops, We are heading up to Quartzsite on fri. and should be there by lunch.
Pat And Arleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #34

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Pam,
Ask and you shall receive! Your Son is in our daily prayers and was included in our "Town Prayer Meeting" on Wednesday evening. Those in the military are close to our hearts, particularly since our granddaughter graduated from boot camp [at] Fort Jackson, SC today.
Travel mercies for Big David also.
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #35

Trailer: 1985 16 ft Casita
Just wanted to say "Thank You" to all the great folks who came out and made the '09 Quartzsite Gathering the best so far. Michelle and I enjoyed meeting and camping with all of you. Looking forward to 2010! Doug and Michelle
Douglas Knudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #36

Registry
I waved at ya when you were leaving.. thanks for putting it on.

Still out here, "enjoying" the wind and rain LOL. Dave and Leslie went back to the park due to heater problems.

Sorry about being scarce.. this was more the pups trip than mine. She did OK. Thanks to everyone for helping!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #37

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Doug & Michelle - Got to say 'thank you' and 'happy trails' to Betty & George as they were leaving, but sorry we missed your departure. We'll add our thanks to all who made this event a success ... in spite of the 'liquid sunshine'! We had lots of fun even if the weather kept us from visiting with some of the other "Egg-nutz". Also, to all who posted photos here and on the CasitaForum website - our camera batteries took a cue from our heater and croaked so we had no pics. Safe travels to all - L 'n D
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #38

Thank everyone so much for taking the time to join the 2009 Quartzsite Gathering.
This one showed that even the weather can not dampen the spirits of Casita owners. What a great group of people.

Thank you all

George and Betty

PS - See everyone for the 2010 version.