San Antonio Lake Rally - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #101

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Mike, there are two sets of dierctions. One to North Shore and one to the South Shore. Which one do you recommend?

I'm getting excited!
Old 05-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #102

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Mike, there are two sets of directions. One to North Shore and one to the South Shore. Which one do you recommend?

I'm getting excited!
Thanks Lizbeth, good catch. We are camping on the South Shore side.

We too are getting excited. Everything is coming together. I was able to get the Oak firewood donated and Lori’s bank is loaning us their large Bar-B-Que.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #103

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Thank you Mike! That's great about the wood and BBQ!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #104

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Hey guys,
Im fairly local to the Lake area, as I live down in Santa Maria. I probably won't be able to join you guys due to school & work, but I would LOVE to come up and eyeball all your great rigs! Are visitors okay? Does the group usually do a potluck on a certain night, or something like that, that I could come up for? Would be great to meet some other 'egg' folks, see some great rigs, and maybe get some mod pointers...hehe Thanks! Joe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #105

Quote:
Hey guys,
Im fairly local to the Lake area, as I live down in Santa Maria. I probably won't be able to join you guys due to school & work, but I would LOVE to come up and eyeball all your great rigs! Are visitors okay? Does the group usually do a potluck on a certain night, or something like that, that I could come up for? Would be great to meet some other 'egg' folks, see some great rigs, and maybe get some mod pointers...hehe Thanks! Joe
Sure visitors are welcome.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #106

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ft
Is there a schedule of stuff going on, or are we on our own?

I read down to my last post and didn't see anything referred to, but it wouldn't be unusual for me to miss something UNLESS it was about FOOD!
Bonnie Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #107

Quote:
Is there a schedule of stuff going on, or are we on our own?
I read down to my last post and didn't see anything referred to, but it wouldn't be unusual for me to miss something UNLESS it was about FOOD!
Hey Bonnie thanks for posting. Lori and I have been so busy and I am sorry I haven’t been more on top of this.

What would you like to see? I am game for anything we can do. Any ideas?

Right now we are planning the Santa Maria Style Oak Pit Bar-B-Que. Lori is going to see if she can get a few people help her with cooking the Dutch Oven Desserts.

There is the Lake and very good fishing for those interested. Bird watching, including Bald Eagles, are around. Mountain Biking is also popular through out the Lake area.

So what would you (or anyone) like to see?
Old 05-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #108

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
>>Lori is going to see if she can get a few people help her with cooking the Dutch Oven Desserts.

Hi, Mike, I will be bringing my Dutch oven and am game for anything Lori would like to coordinate. I will await further direction. Thanks for your effort; can't wait. Chris
Ken&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #109

Quote:
Lori is going to see if she can get a few people help her with cooking the Dutch Oven Desserts.
Hi, Mike, I will be bringing my Dutch oven and am game for anything Lori would like to coordinate. I will await further direction. Thanks for your effort; can't wait. Chris
Thanks Chris. I’ll make sure Lori sees this. I’m sure she will be glad you are willing to help.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #110

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Hi Mike Lora's 'puter is down. if Lori will e-mail me a list of ingredients she wants Lora to prepare, she'll get them and do it.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #111

Quote:
Hi Mike Lora's 'puter is down. if Lori will e-mail me a list of ingredients she wants Lora to prepare, she'll get them and do it.
Lori will bring the ingredients. Just have Lora bring her dutch oven.
Thanks.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #112

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Quote:
Lori will bring the ingredients. Just have Lora bring her dutch oven.
Thanks.
ok she says she'll bring the 8, 10, and 12 regular and the deep one if Lori wants it.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #113

Today we are gathering all the food, starting the pinquito beans (yum) and testing the Santa Maria Bar-B-Que dry rub & chicken marinade.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #114

Quote:
ok she says she'll bring the 8, 10, and 12 regular and the deep one if Lori wants it.
Just have Lora bring her two biggest dutch ovens. We will need 6 large dutch ovens.

Lori is planning on making her new [b]Apple Cobbler Recipe (Oh man is it good, YUM!). This is NOT the standard Santa Maria Oak Pit Bar-B-Que dessert (they don’t do dessert), but we just decided to add dessert.

I had to beg.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:55 PM   #115

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2002
Quote:
Just have Lora bring her two biggest dutch ovens. We will need 6 large dutch ovens.

Lori is planning on making her new [b]Apple Cobbler Recipe (Oh man is it good, YUM!). This is NOT the standard Santa Maria Oak Pit Bar-B-Que dessert (they don’t do dessert), but we just decided to add dessert.

I had to beg.
Ellis and I would like to contribute to the weekend with - what else - wine from the Napa Valley. We have a chocolate inside out bundt cake that serves 20 and would be happy to bring two. Or we could bring the makings for a potato salad that we could assemble at camp.

Also, we will be bringing our two dogs and, should our space be large enough, would be happy to double up with dog lovers without dogs. We have camped a few times near Chris and Clete, and if they are willing to share, so are we, in order to allow more people.

We are really looking forward to the weekend. Let us know just how we can help. Let us know by Tuesday.

Anne and Ellis
Anne and Ellis Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #116

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Hello! I've never posted on a forum before, hope I'm doing it right! I am not a FGRV owner, but hope to be by this time next year. I would really like to get an up close look at so many different ones. If we drove over for the day on Sunday (we could probably get there by 11:00am), would people be willing to show us their eggs and give advice? Thanks in advance. Lisa
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #117

Quote:
Hello! I've never posted on a forum before, hope I'm doing it right! I am not a FGRV owner, but hope to be by this time next year. I would really like to get an up close look at so many different ones. If we drove over for the day on Sunday (we could probably get there by 11:00am), would people be willing to show us their eggs and give advice? Thanks in advance. Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Absolutely, we would love to have you come by. I’m sure everyone would be happy to show their trailer with you and share any insights they may have.

Please feel free to come and get to know us all.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:18 PM   #118

Quote:
Ellis and I would like to contribute to the weekend with - what else - wine from the Napa Valley. We have a chocolate inside out bundt cake that serves 20 and would be happy to bring two. Or we could bring the makings for a potato salad that we could assemble at camp.

Also, we will be bringing our two dogs and, should our space be large enough, would be happy to double up with dog lovers without dogs. We have camped a few times near Chris and Clete, and if they are willing to share, so are we, in order to allow more people.

We are really looking forward to the weekend. Let us know just how we can help. Let us know by Tuesday.

Anne and Ellis
Hi Anna & Ellis,

Yes wine would be a wonderful addition to the Santa Maria Oak Pit Bar-B-Que Saturday evening.

I’m sure your Bundt Cake would be a hit too.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #119

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2002
Dear Mike and Lori,

How many people? One or two bundt cakes? Anne and Ellis
Anne and Ellis Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #120

Quote:
Dear Mike and Lori,

How many people? One or two bundt cakes? Anne and Ellis
Let’s do the cakes Friday evening for the meet and greet. There will be about 60 people.

Thank You

I hope everyone will bring something to share and get to know everyone Friday.