San Antonio Lake Rally - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #121

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Quote:
Hi Lisa,

Absolutely, we would love to have you come by. I’m sure everyone would be happy to show their trailer with you and share any insights they may have.

Please feel free to come and get to know us all.
Thank you! Wish we could come Saturday--your dinner sounds great!--but we have other plans. I just mapquest'd the trip, looks like you're only 2 hours away, so we should be there before too many people start packing up to go home. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #122

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Thank you! Wish we could come Saturday--your dinner sounds great!--but we have other plans. I just mapquest'd the trip, looks like you're only 2 hours away, so we should be there before too many people start packing up to go home. Looking forward to meeting you all!
About half of the group are staying until Monday.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #123

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Mike,

Is this the South Shore? Is it off San Antonio Road?
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #124

Quote:
Mike,
Is this the South Shore? Is it off San Antonio Road?
YES, you got it.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #125

DIRECTIONS To the FiberglassRV Rally at Lake San Antonio.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SanAntonioLake.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	7695

Directions to the South Shore

FROM THE NORTH:
Take Highway 101 South to the Jolon Road (G-14) exit, just North of King City (not the second Jolon Rd. further south). Proceed South on Jolon road for approximately 20 miles to Lockwood. Turn right on Interlake Road. Proceed for 13 miles to San Antonio Lake Road. Turn left. Proceed for 3 miles until you reach the South Shore entrance of the lake. It is approximately one hour from King City.

FROM THE SOUTH:
Take Highway 101 North to the Paso Robles exit. Take 24th Street exit (G-14 West). Proceed west on G-14 for approximately 14 miles. Turn right on Lake Nacimiento Drive. Follow the road towards Lake Nacimiento and cross the dam. Turn left on Interlake Road. Drive 7 miles to Lake San Antonio Road and turn right. Proceed for 3 miles to the South Shore entrance of the lake. It is approximately a 40 minute drive.

FROM THE EAST:
Take Highway 46 West to Paso Robles. Proceed west on G-14 for approximately 14 miles. Turn right on Lake Nacimiento Drive. Follow the road towards Lake Nacimiento and cross the dam. Turn left on Interlake Road. Drive 7 miles to Lake San Antonio Road and turn right. Proceed for 3 miles to the South Shore entrance of the lake. It is approximately a 40 minute drive.
Attached Thumbnails
SanAntonioLake.png  
Old 05-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #126

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Hi Mike my map is a little different.
if we take g14 jolon rd. s, we go thru jolon....not lockwood.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #127

Quote:
Hi Mike my map is a little different.
if we take g14 jolon rd. s, we go thru jolon....not lockwood.
That is what I thought too.

Jolon Rd. is “U” shaped and comes into the 101 Frwy in two places.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sal_map.png
Views:	27
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	7698

But looking a little closer, the park recommends taking the Jolon Rd. turn off just NORTH of King City (NOT the second Jolon Rd. where it comes back into the 101 Frwy near Bradley).

You can actually take either Jolon Rd. and come around the lake from either side to the South side and get to Interlake Rd.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #128

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ft
Quote:
Hey Bonnie thanks for posting. Lori and I have been so busy and I am sorry I haven’t been more on top of this.

What would you like to see? I am game for anything we can do. Any ideas?

Right now we are planning the Santa Maria Style Oak Pit Bar-B-Que. Lori is going to see if she can get a few people help her with cooking the Dutch Oven Desserts.

There is the Lake and very good fishing for those interested. Bird watching, including Bald Eagles, are around. Mountain Biking is also popular through out the Lake area.

So what would you (or anyone) like to see?
I'm fine with doing nothing. That's the part I like the best. I just don't want to show up with NO FOOD to contribute to a potluck and not be able to eat because of my guilty conscience!

Tao and I will probably be late...we did clean out the trailer and get it ready on Sunday, but he's alone at the shop this week and if anybody's system breaks he's the one who'll have to fix it! If things go well, we're planning to leave about noon.
Bonnie Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:15 PM   #129

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
I'll be camping at Morro Dunes rv park in Morro Bay Tuesday and Wednesday before heading to the lake on Thursday. I'm on vacation all week and it's hot here in the valley.
Mike
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #130

Quote:
I'll be camping at Morro Dunes rv park in Morro Bay Tuesday and Wednesday before heading to the lake on Thursday. I'm on vacation all week and it's hot here in the valley.
Mike
Hi Mike,

You’ll like it here. It is Clear, in the high 70s with a slight breeze; just right. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #131

If you can, please bring firewood.

Also, plan on getting together Friday evening for a meet and greet. Bring a snack and beverage to share.

Anyone need a New or Revised name badge?
Old 05-08-2007, 08:12 AM   #132

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
"If you can, please bring firewood.
Also, plan on getting together Friday evening for a meet and greet. Bring a snack and beverage to share.
Anyone need a New or Revised name badge?"

Hi Mike,
I will bring wood from the lumber yard. I have a lot and will bring all I can get in the truck after it is packed. I am willing to buy wood if there is a place that sells it close by. We will be going to Cambria for a "morning at the beach" on Friday and will be making a run into Paso Robles on Saturday so hopefully I can find wood for sale somewhere. Chris will be going to Trader Joe's on the way up and we will bring a 7 layer mexican dip and humus along with chips for Friday night. We do not need name tags. Ken , 79 Fiber Stream
Ken&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #133

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
If you can, please bring firewood.

Anyone need a New or Revised name badge?
Hi Mike,

Rich & I will bring wine and a cheese & cracker tray for the meet & greet. We both need name badges.

Patti
Rich & Patti McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #134

Quote:
"If you can, please bring firewood.
Anyone need a New or Revised name badge?"

Hi Mike,
I will bring wood from the lumber yard. I have a lot and will bring all I can get in the truck after it is packed. I am willing to buy wood if there is a place that sells it close by. We will be going to Cambria for a "morning at the beach" on Friday and will be making a run into Paso Robles on Saturday so hopefully I can find wood for sale somewhere. Chris will be going to Trader Joe's on the way up and we will bring a 7 layer mexican dip and humus along with chips for Friday night. We do not need name tags. Ken , 79 Fiber Stream
Thanks Ken
Old 05-08-2007, 11:37 AM   #135

Quote:
Hi Mike,

Rich & I will bring wine and a cheese & cracker tray for the meet & greet. We both need name badges.

Patti
Perfect, thanks.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #136

I am getting Red Oak for the Santa Maria Style Oak Pit Bar-B-Que. So bringing addition wood for campfires will be great.

Turns out the Bar-B-Que we are using is going to an event for all day Thursday. Looks like I will be running back and forth a little getting all the logistics worked out.

It will be good.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:31 PM   #137

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Since I stink at cooking..if the BBQ is on a trailer, maybe I can help contribute by having you go with ME to tug it in. Put the wear and tear and gas on my rig.

Pups are staying at home so I can bring my bike. (I am a selfish and bad Mom! LOL!)

PS, I REALLY don't want them to find out about me and Buddy!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:14 AM   #138

Quote:
Since I stink at cooking..if the BBQ is on a trailer, maybe I can help contribute by having you go with ME to tug it in. Put the wear and tear and gas on my rig.

Pups are staying at home so I can bring my bike. (I am a selfish and bad Mom! LOL!)

PS, I REALLY don't want them to find out about me and Buddy!
Thanks for the offer. I will be getting the wood and trailer and several other things for the camp out.

I think I have it covered, ...but thanks.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:39 PM   #139

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Lora needs a name tag
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #140

Quote:
Lora needs a name tag
OK, got it.