SE -N Georgia Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2006, 01:55 AM   #1

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
UPDATED 4/1/2006

The campout will be at Bald Mountain Park. http://www.baldmountainpark.com in Hiawassee, Georgia the weekend of May 19-21, 2006.

The park office is open daily 10-5. Our group rate for the nights of our campout is $21 per night for a back in site and $25 for a pull through. Our sites surround the west pavillion near the creek. The park owner will keep us together and possibly shift us as the size of the group changes. To receive your discount, when making your reservation tell them you are a Fiberglass RVer. A $25 deposit is required for your reservation. The deposit is 100% refundable if you cancel at least 7 days before the reservation date. Please make your reservation by calling 1-706-896-2274.

The park honors Good Sam, Escapees and FMCA discounts.

All FGRVs are welcome.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

OK, a date has been set. We are still looking for the right spot. Several of us are having a get together / mini-rally in North Georgia where most of us live the weekend of May 21st. Im posting here to get your attention. If you are interested in joining in to make this happen, please speak up now to show your interest. Right now, we are considering private parks near Dahlonega, Helen and Hiawassee as well as Vogel State Park.

The topic will be moved to the Rally thread as it builds.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:48 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Quote:
OK, a date has been set. We are still looking for the right spot. Several of us are having a get together / mini-rally in North Georgia where most of us live the weekend of May 21st. Im posting here to get your attention. If you are interested in joining in to make this happen, please speak up now to show your interest.
Possiblity. Will see.
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #3

Trailer: Trillium
Quote:
OK, a date has been set. We are still looking for the right spot. Several of us are having a get together / mini-rally in North Georgia where most of us live the weekend of May 21st. Im posting here to get your attention. If you are interested in joining in to make this happen, please speak up now to show your interest. Right now, we are considering private parks near Dahlonega, Helen and Hiawassee as well as Vogel State Park.

I am new to this camping thing. Have purchased a used Trillium. live in Coastal North Carolina. May be interested. Will keep checking the posting for further information.
JohnWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Wish I still lived in North GA, any of those would be a great place to camp.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #5

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
Count me in! Let me know how I can help.

I know where there is a great waterfall slide in a mountain stream in that area (and it's free!)

Suz, I wish you still lived in N Ga, too. Any chance you could get here for this rally?
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:06 AM   #6

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Well Shucks!

We had so much fun over at the Myrtle Beach Rally we might sidle up the mountain and see what's happenin'. Especially if we can wake up some of our South Carolina eggheads so they can come on over too. We will be takin' off to the wild west to Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming and parts west the week after the rally...might be a good shakedown cruise.

Randy
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Any chance you could get here for this rally?
Unfortunately, it's not really feasible for me. I have several trips in the "works" for this spring and early summer, but they are all the opposite direction.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
I'm in. I have marked my calendar fot May 19th, 20th and 21st.
I am excited.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #9

There have been several state parks suggested for our gathering. The state parks in North Georgia are lovely and popular. The head count of those saying they are going (this site and other sites) is already at a point that I'm thinking that we may have to utilize a private park. Amicalola Falls has 24 total campsites and the group is already at 20 RVs and the notice hasn't been up a full weekend yet. Vogel and Unicoi are much larger parks but their current reservations have locked out 1/2 to 2/3 of their available spaces.

I'm currently talking to a couple of private parks to see if they will offer a group rate. The ballpark figure I'm giving them is 15-30 RVs, mostly 16ft and under with a few in the 17-20 ft range. Because the state parks are so nice, most of the private parks in the area are not booked this far out. The private parks tend to get the overflow from the state facilities.

I should be able to post a location or range of options in a few days.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:57 PM   #10

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Slight possibility I can make it. I grew up near Ellijay, but I rarely return to the North Georgia mountains. I think my wife will be attending a convention in Las Vegas that weekend, but I'm not going with her. It will depend on whether I can get some time off from work.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #11

Trailer: TM14 Surfside
hmmm ... I moved to Alabama 8 months ago and have camped a few times in NE and NW Georgia ... might be fun to meet a bunch of folks in this end of the continent ... I'll keep checking back.
Timmy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #12

I got an email from the campground today. They said they had reserved 20 pull-through sites for us. They seem to be trying to fill up the pull-throughs first. There are less expensive back in sites available. Don't let them bulldog you. Ask for what you want.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #13

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Benita,
We are looking forward to the Bald Mountain Park weekend May 19-21 and seeing you again. We are in site 50. We plan to arrive on Friday afternoon.
Frank and Reba McFee
Frank McFee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:01 AM   #14

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Hi, the long-range weather forcast says we should be able to free L'EGGO from her ice and snow prison by mid-May. and Bald Mountain looks like a fun start to the camping season. We look forward to seeing another corner of the USA, putting faces on FGRV names and making new friends; maybe even seeing some old (i.e. long-time) friends?

We were all set to sign up today, then noticed the office is closed until Tues. at 10:00 -- we'll be on the blower then.

Diane & Des
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:01 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'm very new to this as well. Just bought a 13' 1978 Boler and I haven't even taken possession yet! Live in Asheville and just did a Mapquest and I'm only 3 hours from Hiwassee, GA, so I might just make this also. Would love to get tips from other egg owners.

Tina

Quote:
All FGRVs are welcome.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Tina W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #16

Trailer: Casita Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa F
Quote:
I'm very new to this as well. Just bought a 13' 1978 Boler and I haven't even taken possession yet! Live in Asheville and just did a Mapquest and I'm only 3 hours from Hiwassee, GA, so I might just make this also. Would love to get tips from other egg owners.

Tina

All FGRVs are welcome.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Would love to see you there!
Lisa F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #17

Hi Guys,

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at Bald Mountain. I got my first call today from someone who didn't know where her son heard about it but is planning to be there. So, I guess the word is out.

So far, I think the numbers of Scamp owners and Caista owners is neck and neck. One each for Boler, Trillium, Burro and Fiber Stream. This might just come together afterall.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:59 PM   #18

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
I just got my reservation!!!!

I spoke with Pam at Bald Mountain RV Park and she told me about some of the activities available at the RV park and nearby. We are going to have a BLAST!

The Park itself has:
swimming pool
Game Room (pool tables, 6 brand-new arcade machines, air hockey, etc)
3-acre stocked lake
kayaks and paddleboats ($5 per hr, I think)
18-hole miniature golf course
Okra contest (actually she said Chili contest, but we COULD have an Okra one!)

Nearby:
Pontoon Boat Rental
Log Cabin Quilts (and quilting supplies/kits)
antique and boutique shopping; Christmas store
good restaurants
winery
trout fishing

She will send us more info and details.
I think we are in for a great time... rain ....or shine

Can't wait to see everybody!!!
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #19

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Oh Boy am I getting excited. I am calling tomorrow to make my reservations.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #20

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
I am trying to work in a stop to Bald Mountain. Haveing never been there is there one area we are trying to group together. or is the park small enough that it is a short bike ride to any where.
Al and mac the kamping Kat
well right now he is a begging kat lol
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote