CA Sept 16-18, 2011: Northern California - Burney Falls - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Scamp Deluxe 5th Wheel ('The Peanut')
Sept 16-18, 2011: Northern California - Burney Falls

It’s time to mark your calendars for the 2011 Nor Cal Burney Falls Gathering. At last year’s gathering a large majority of votes were to return to Burney Falls in 2011, for the same third weekend in September - September 16-18. As we found out last year reservations are NOT needed and plenty of empty sites were available.

This year we are proposing the event be centered in the Rim Loop, sites 2-16; 48-52; with activities located in sites 5,6, or 7. Some pads are dirt, some are paved. Sites 2, 3, 51 have limited electricity for handicap plaques. The above sites are clustered around the newer bathrooms and showers. We will have to wait to see what the State comes up with for fees.
Earl Arrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Hey Earl,

I was just thinking about you. You going to Quartzsite??

Burney is on my calendar.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Hi, Earl...Garth and I will be at Burney. We have a Bigfoot 1993 17' now as well as the 1998 19' SD Casita. Can't decide which one to keep. Anyone want to vote?
kathy chamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #4

Name: Carol
Trailer: Currently b
California
Do you have a Casita or Bigfoot for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy chamblin View Post
Hi, Earl...Garth and I will be at Burney. We have a Bigfoot 1993 17' now as well as the 1998 19' SD Casita. Can't decide which one to keep. Anyone want to vote?
Hi. I noticed this is an old post- but just wondered if there is any chance that you haven't sold your second rv and one is available. We live in Mendocino County and have been looking for a fiberglass rv. If you know of anything for sale- our number is 707-459-3857. Thanks. Carol
cekbarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I can let you know that Kathy and Garth have sold the Casita. Don't know when we may see them here again, Kathy's busy hanging out on Facebook
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Casita is gone ( BF will be at Oregon Gathering

Sent from my iPad using FGRV
kathy chamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #7

Smile

[QUOTE=kathy chamblin;242560]Casita is gone ( BF will be at Oregon Gathering

Hi Kathy! I will be seeing you and Garth (along with BF) at the Oregon Gathering. We will also be happy to see you two and BF at the Northern California Burney Falls Gathering in September. Yes, the Nor Cal is still a "go". So far no word on what the State intends to do about cost. By September they should have the new trail down to the falls completed.
- - Earl
Old 07-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #8

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Alan & Michele WILL be there too... I (Alan) had some potentially serious health concerns this year (Heart failure), but THANKFULLY I am recovering and was given the OK to travel. My MD gave me the good news on Wednesday. Prior to that, I was restricted to 3,000 feet of elevation. And couldn't walk more than, say, 25-30 FEET without stopping to catch my breath. NOW I am back to being able to do a three mile walk without getting winded. So, life is GREAT again!!!!!!!!
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weinel, Alan View Post
So, life is GREAT again!!!!!!!!
Good news, good for you Alan
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #10

Trailer: Scamp Custom Deluxe 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
HI Earl,

Judy and I will be there with our '08 D-19.

Dave Leland

PS....I'll bring some fire wood.
Dave Leland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #11

Earl came by the other day, and we (naturally) got to chating about Burney falls... the notion had come up that @ $30 a nite for dry camping, the California parks are kind of exensive. We talked about going to a place up the road in the town of McArthur - their county fairgrounds has camping facilities - full hook ups for $25 a night. BUT it seriously lacks the ambiance of the State park.

SO, potential attendees, if you have NOT already responded, please let Earl and me know YOUR preference.

Many thanks....

Alan (& Michele too)
Old 07-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Leland View Post
HI Earl,

Judy and I will be there with our '08 D-19.

Dave Leland

PS....I'll bring some fire wood.
Hi Dave and Judy. We will be glad to see you. An updated attendance list can be found in post #1 over on Casita Forum Casita Travel Trailer Forum

Go to Rallies and Campouts (upcoming); other rallies; Northern California
Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #13

Trailer: Scamp Custom Deluxe 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
My vote is for the State Park!

We -go- for the ambiance!!!

D & J Leland
Dave Leland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #14

Burney Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy chamblin View Post
Hi Kathy, Michele W. here. My husband Alan and I, along with Earl, organized last year's gathering. Just wanted to let you know that we are in the process of planning this year's gathering. We are considering gathering either at Burney Falls again ($30 no hook ups) or Inter Mountain RV park located at the fairgrounds in McArthur ($27.50 full hook ups) on the weekend of September 16-18.

Please let us know by August 1st if you have a preference. We are keeping a tally and will go to the location that gets the most votes. You can send in your preference to either mweinel@sbcglobal.net or earrants@sbcglobal.net

Thanks, Michele
Old 07-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 12.5 ft Little Joe
Martha and Wolf vote for Burney Falls!
Martha H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #16

Our Third Annual Northern California Gathering will be held at McArthur-Burney Falls State Park, September 16-18. Most of the comments favored this site. Here is a sample:

--I prefer Burney Falls it’s a campground, in the woods with trees, shade, walks to take, etc. The fairgrounds look good and sounds good but it’s just another RV park plus no shade trees or the fragrance from them.

-- Just looking at cost the fairgrounds would seem to be the choice. However I think we all would prefer to be in the tall pines away from the city.

-- We favor meeting at Burney Falls again this year. We LOVED the campground last year - not to mention the falls, trails, and lake!

-- We vote for the State Park. We go for the ambiance!

Burney Falls it is! McArthur/Burney Falls is located about 50 miles east of Redding, CA on highway 299. Past the town of Burney Highway 299 intersects 89, then it’s 5 miles north on 89.

Sites are $30/night ($2 discount for seniors). Newer restrooms and showers are available. No reservations can be made. (The reservation system ends the weekend before we get there.) As we found out last year the crowd thins out considerably after Labor Day and plenty of sites are available. There is limited electricity (20 amps) available in 3 sites for those with special needs.

If you are planning to attend please let us know through this forum or a PM either to me or Alan Weinel. An updated attendance list can be found over on Post #1 of the Casita Forum: Casita Travel Trailer Forum. Go to Rallies and Campouts (upcoming); other rallies; Northern California
Old 08-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #17

BURNEY FALLS UPDATE

Hi Everyone,
As you probably know by now the votes have been tallied and the final choice for
the location of this fall's gathering is Burney Falls! We'll be gathering this
year from Friday, September 16th through Sunday, September 18th. Earl Arrants,
Alan and I will organize and head up the events again this year. We've made a
few changes. We've changed last year's Friday afternoon game time to "organized
down time" and have taken into consideration those who may prefer to hike,
teach/learn a new skill, or just talk. We'll all gather at a designated
campsite at the designated time and the game players can play games, the hikers
can hike, the talkers can talk, and the teachers/students can do their thing.
If you have a skill you would like to share with others or a class you would
like to teach, please let us know as soon as possible, so we can publicize your
class and notify those interested of materials they may need to bring or fees
for the class, etc.

Our Friday night gathering will include S'mores and Trivia. This year's trivia
will be general trivia rather than trivia specific to camping and egg trailers,
so you might want to study your encyclopedias or watch some Jeopardy in the
weeks leading up to the gathering.

Saturday, we'll have our ladder golf tournament, trailer tour, group picture,
and, of course, our potluck, awards ceremony , door prizes, and other neat
stuff. We will schedule the potluck a little earlier than last year - by the
time we were done, evening was closing in!

Sunday morning we will gather for brunch at 9:00 am, and then those who are
departing can break camp before heading back home or to where ever the road may
take us.

Hope to see you on the weekend of the 16th!

Happy trails,
Michele Weinel
Old 08-17-2011, 03:45 AM   #18

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Noob questions

1. I was looking at the Burney Falls reservation website and all of the sites say walk on only. So is it correct that everyone is coming in First Come First Served?

2. Most of the the sites shown as available say Equipment Length 32'. Does that refer to truck and trailer?

3. Finally, they say Double driveway, so if the overall rig is larger than 32', there is room to back in, disconnect and park next to the trailer?
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #19

Hi Dan,
Michele here. In answer to question #1. Yes. No reservations are taken or needed. After Labor Day weekend the park really empties out. At last year's gathering less than half of the park's sites were occupied.

#2 and #3. No problem for parking. According to the park's website "campsites are designed to accomodate a maximum of three vehicles." Please check out the website at www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=455 click on brochures on the left side of the screen and then click on campground map when the next screen comes up. This page should answer any questions you have. Or if you have a question that is not addressed you can always call the park at 530-335-2777.

Hope this info is helpful and hope to see you in September!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #20

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weinel, Alan View Post
Hi Dan,
Michele here. In answer to question #1. Yes. No reservations are taken or needed. After Labor Day weekend the park really empties out. At last year's gathering less than half of the park's sites were occupied.

#2 and #3. No problem for parking. According to the park's website "campsites are designed to accomodate a maximum of three vehicles." Please check out the website at www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=455 click on brochures on the left side of the screen and then click on campground map when the next screen comes up. This page should answer any questions you have. Or if you have a question that is not addressed you can always call the park at 530-335-2777.

Hope this info is helpful and hope to see you in September!

Thanks
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote