MN Sept. 19th -23rd Eggfest Duluth. Fall Colors Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #1

Trailer: 1992 13 ft Scamp
Sept. 19th -23rd Eggfest Duluth. Fall Colors Rally

Eggfest Duluth, Fall Colors Rally

September 19Th thru the 23rd

We had a meeting with Darrell at the Buffalo Valley Campground last week setting the framework for a Gathering of Eggs in September 2012. Arrangements will be similar to those we worked with last spring. Our exclusive registration window will be April first to August 19th. Fall colors should be peaking along the North Shore at this time making for a scenic drive opportunity. The Duluth Air show featuring the Canadian Air Force Snowbirds will be happening on the 22nd and 23rd of September. Other Duluth and Superior activities will be similar to those available last June. A link to a website with details for this event will be posted here as soon as it is ready . In the mean time please mark your calendars for these dates and pass the information to fellow fiberglass RV travelers.

The Buffalo Valley Camp Ground will begin accepting reservations for 2012 after April 1st. Registration for this event can be made by calling Darrell at 218-590-8774 after the April First date. Be sure to mention your are part of the Eggfest/ fiberglass trailer group. Contact us by email with questions daneca99@yahoo.com

Dave and Diane
DianeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #2

Oops

Just to clarify, this will be September 19th to 23rd, 2012

Old 11-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Is this the correct web site?
Buffalo House Restaurant & Bar, sports facility, banquet rooms, RV park & campground!
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post

Yes, That is the correct web-site for the campground. Our web-site will be presented as a separate link when it is ready probably after the Holidays.
Diane
Old 11-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #5

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Great! I've got it on my calendar! Thanks so much for organizing this event, Diane. Looking forward to meeting other egg owners in the Minnesota area.
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #6

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
I am hoping to go, I have been waiting for the posting. I am a new "egg" owner myself and am very excited to go to my first gathering. Looking forward to checking out the website when you post it.
Tyler
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #7

Eggfest Duluth 2012 - Fall Color Rally

Here it is late January 2012 and the Northland has just come through the first real cold snap of the season(and it wasn't THAT cold). We are still waiting for some snow; any snow really. Spring will come sooner than we think followed by Summer and Autumn which brings us to the September Duluth Eggfest event......

The web site for the Duluth Eggfest 2012 -Autumn Colors Edition is open and ready for visitors. Egg Fest Duluth Among the changes you will find an album page showing the activities surrounding the June event last year. We had a great time and hope you can join the group this Autumn

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us by email here or through the email given on the web site above.

We look forward to seeing many of the usual suspects in attendance as well as any new FGRVers that can work us into your travel schedule.

Thanks,

Dave and Diane and Fred and Nancy and David and Sharon and Vicky and Dennis
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #8

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Great place to hold a ScampCamp, nice facility and lots to do around Duluth! Hope we can double up on every site this year!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #9

Reservations open April first

Greetings Fiberglass Campers, Eggfest Duluth, 2012.

As most of you are aware we are hosting a gathering of fiberglass campers and their owners September 19th through the 23rd , 2012 at the Buffalo Valley campground. We hope Autumn colors will be on show around Duluth and up the North Shore. The Duluth Air Show will be going on that Saturday and Sunday.

The Campground will begin taking reservations for these dates by phone on April first at 218-628-7019. The web site will not take reservations for these dates as they are being held open for us until mid-August. I know the September date is a long way off and a lot can happen to change ones plans between now and then. Still, we ask that if you think you will be attending or might be interested in attending, please call Darryll and make a reservation early so we and they have an idea of attendance. Reservations can always be canceled if the events of life require a change in your plans.
Darryll’s number for reservations is 218-628-7019.

For more information visit our website www.sites.google.com/site/eggfestduluth/home and enter your name on the attendees list.
If you have questions for us our phone is 715-394-6131 or email daneca99@yahoo.com

Happy travels this summer. We hope to see you all in September and perhaps in Bemidji in June.

Dave and Diane
Old 05-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #10

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
We've signed up for the "Fall Color Edition" of the Duluth rally and look foreward to seeing our fiberglass friends. Hope the colors cooperate during this strange weather year. See you all in Sept! Tony and Darlene
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #11

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Fred and I always spend the last week of September on the North Shore for the fall colors. We would be happy to do a presentation at the gathering for anyone who wants to head up the shore after Duluth. There are special places to drive and walk, if you don't already know the places we would love to introduce you to them.

Nancy
Nancy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #12

Nancy, that sounds like a good idea. Let's talk about it this week at the Bemidji Gathering.
We have about 20 people signed up so far. We hope that as plans clarify over the summer more people will join us in Duluth this September.

D & D
Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #13

Eggfest Update

The rains have stopped in Duluth and the rivers have crested. We spoke with the Buffalo Valley Campground this morning. They received very little damage from the rainfall event. The area of the campground that we will be using was undamaged, so everything is on track for the September gathering.

If you plan to attend, please give Darrell a call at the campground at
Old 06-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #14

Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1993 Surburban
Registry
made our reservations now to plan the week and a half before we get there.
Jim Hovind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #15

Good

We are glad you and Jonell will be able to join us.
I'm sure you will think of something to do.
D & D
Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #16

Fred and I don't really like going up to the air field for the air show, we are anti crowds. One year we were down in Canal Park and got treated to a few flyby formations that came over and turned back over Lake Superior. I wonder if there is any way we could find out if they will be flying out over the Lake again.

One could do both Canal Park and see a few planes at the same time. Maybe that was an unscheduled event, it sure was a fun surprise for us.

Nancy
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #17

D&D,

I know there are plenty of electric hookups. If we double up on sites do we need to worry about over taxing the electric hookup? Fred and I don't have a furnace and at that time of year we will all be wanting to use cube heaters at night.

Last time in spring I don't think the weather was quite as cold as it is likely to be late Sept. Of course, we can take a tent site and go sleep in our condo again. Kind of hard to get there in time for Lyndon's cowboy coffee though.

nancy
Old 07-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #18

Nancy, most of the utility hook up stations have 30 50 and 110 outlets and they frequently will hook up more than one rig to a utility station for families or groups that want to be together. Since few of our small trailers have the electrical draw that the bigger rigs do, I doubt there will be a problem. There may only be one scamp on a hook up box anyway except for those who request specific pairings.

Regarding the September temperatures, I would not be surprised if the temps were comfortably mild. It is my favorite time of the year up here. Last year a cold snap in early September was followed by unusually warm weather through October.

We are thinking about a group breakfast Thursday AM, the pot luck Friday PM, and leftovers Saturday. Music will be heard when the musicians in the group feel like playing.

We have 25 to 30 signups or verbal commitments presently. There is plenty of room for more people to sign up. Try to contact Darrell at the Buffalo House by mid August. Come on up north September 19 - 23 you fiberglass rv folk.

D&D
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #19

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Just signed up to attend. We can only stay 2 nights though as we have another committment. Hope our Eggcamper isn't rejected because it isn't a Scamp!
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #20

Hi Jill,

Looking forward to seeing you. You know we will all want a look at your Eggcamper. Hope you will have the welcome mat out. Happy you are able to attend for two nights.

Nancy

Tags
fall, rally