OH Sept. 22-26, 2011: 7th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #1

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Sept. 22-26, 2011: 7th Annual Ohio Fall Gathering

We will be keeping the rally at Caesar Creek this year after 6 of us checked out other campgrounds.

When anything changes, or something important needs added on this post, I will post it in BOLD RED so nobody will miss it!

I welcome all suggestions. This is YOUR rally! We had over 20 campers last year and once again, had a GREAT time! Please invite your friends & come this year! You don't have to have any certain type of camper. You can sleep in your car or in a tent if you want!! Just come!!

I will again register on the same spot I have been on for many years, #149 so everyone knows where to find me!! These are LARGE campsites, so if you want to be near the "action" I would suggest as you book, you do so on the adjacent spots to mine AND across the road from us. It works quite well for our get-together meals, campfires, etc. when we aren't so spread out.

Come as a "stranger" and I promise you will leave as part of our "family"!! Just ask anyone who has been to our rallies! I am so looking forward to seeing everyone again! Please check the attached pdf file for more info!

The state park website is:
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/par...0/Default.aspx

Sandy Webb
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011 Casita Rally.pdf (97.3 KB, 42 views)
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Some Ohio SP honor Passport America 50% discount, does this one?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #3

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Some Ohio SP honor Passport America 50% discount, does this one?
Just pulled this from the C.C. website:
Passport America Card
50% discount off regular camping fees, Sunday through Wednesday
Valid only at Alum Creek • Barkcamp • Buck Creek • Caesar Creek • Cowan Lake • Delaware • Dillon • East Fork • East Harbor • Grand Lake St. Marys • Hueston Woods • Rocky Fork • Stonelick
Holidays are excluded
Cards are purchased from Passport America, 800-283-7183

Golden Buckeye
50% discount off camping fees, Sunday through Thursday
10% discount off camping fees, Friday and Saturday
10% discount off total rate for all getaway rentals, cottages and lodge rooms any night
VA Disability/POW

Free camping for Ohio residents who are former prisoners of war or who are honorably discharged veterans with a permanent and total disability as determined by the Veterans Administration • Qualified individuals will either have one of these two licenses plates, or a letter from the Veterans Administration stating they qualify for free camping. Not applicable to getaway rentals
Old 04-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #4

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
Sandy and all.....we are sad to miss this years rally but happy that we will be totally retired at the end of August and will be in the middle of a 6 week long planned trip through the Rockies and Grand Canyon with Casper our Casita. Looks like we will need a bank loan for gas!
Dennis & Judy Ozier
ozierjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #5

Ohio
Oh, thanks, I see where WE rate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozierjd View Post
Sandy and all.....we are sad to miss this years rally but happy that we will be totally retired at the end of August and will be in the middle of a 6 week long planned trip through the Rockies and Grand Canyon with Casper our Casita. Looks like we will need a bank loan for gas!
Dennis & Judy Ozier
Oh, Dennis, you know we are SO much more fun (and cheaper on gas, too!!) than a silly old trip through the Rockies! Who is going to make our omelets for breakfast if you don't come???
LOL,
Sandy
Old 04-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #6

Trailer: Compact Jr
Sandy, please let us know what you decide. I hope to make it this year. last year just a little mutch with the Niagra the weekend before. I have yet to see if anyone is setting one up for that are this year. And our compact jr. has now been decorated in all Ohio State and is now named Brutus
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #7

Trailer: 1989 Scamp 13 ft
Dennis & Susie Archer, Nashville, TN, Scamp 16 have reserved Site 148.
DENNIS ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #8

Ohio
WONDERFUL!! Looking forward to meeting you. You will be right next to all the action on this site!! See next post in red, please!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #9

Ohio
Rally info - please read!!

The first post has an attachment with a lot of info in it. We are definitely staying at Caesar Creek this year. The rally begins on Sept. 22. Some people will be leaving on Sun., Sept. 25 & several staying until Monday Sept. 26 around noon. We checked out many others & this is the best layout.

I booked site 149. IF YOU BOOK A SITE BETWEEN 145 (RIGHT BESIDE RESTROOM) & 158 or ACROSS THE DRIVE ON SITES 180-195 THAT WILL PUT YOU CLOSEST TO ALL THE FUN! These are BIG sites & if you get further away, bring your jogging shoes!

I am attaching a map of the loop we are in. WHEN YOU BOOK YOUR SITE, PLEASE EMAIL SANDY & LET HER KNOW AS SHE IS KEEPING TRACK OF WHO IS ON WHAT SITE.

If you are coming for the 1st time, please send me a PRIVATE email (for security) with the following info. (This does NOT get posted. I just make up a list to pass out at the rally with this info on it so you can stay in touch with your new "camping family".) Name, address, phone #, cell phone #, email addresses, year, size, model of your camper, job, hobbies & interests & the dates you are staying.

NOTE: I have been checking and checking for a restaurant to do our Saturday night "group-night-out dinner" at since our beloved Der Dutchman burned down after the rally last year! Finally found one in Wilmington called the General Denver Hotel. http://www.generaldenver.com/

It looks very interesting & they are going to do a private buffet for our group in their dining room!! Menu: Turkey with a brown gravy, chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, salad, and drinks (ice tea, water and coffee) will come to $15 per person INCLUDING TAX AND TIP, which is cheaper than Der Dutchman! Hope this sounds ok to everyone!!

Thanks,
Sandy
Attached Thumbnails
Caesar Creek Rally.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #10

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
We have spot 187 reserved and plan on bringing sausage gravy and biscuits for the pot luck breakfast.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Terry and Chris Riley
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #11

Name: Barb
Trailer: Casita Spirit
Ohio
Reservation made

Joe and I (along with Kiva and Boo) will be there, coming in on Thursday and will be leaving on Monday. We have booked site 186. Looking forward to the rally! You can expect Joe's homemade coffee cake for the breakfast gathering and I will bring a fruit juice/drink.
pwdohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #12

Ohio
Mystery Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdohio View Post
Joe and I (along with Kiva and Boo) will be there, coming in on Thursday and will be leaving on Monday. We have booked site 186. Looking forward to the rally! You can expect Joe's homemade coffee cake for the breakfast gathering and I will bring a fruit juice/drink.
Does anyone know who has sites 145, 188, 195 & 196 reserved? If so, please let Sandy know asap so she can put them on her list. Thanks! AS OF NOW, THESE SITES IN OUR PET LOOP ARE RESERVED:
145 (not sure if this is "our family" or not???) 148,149,150, 151,152, 154 AND ACROSS THE WAY: 185, 186, 187, 188 (DON'T KNOW WHO THIS IS???), 192, 193, 194, & don't think these are part of our group - 195, & 196 )
AS YOU BOOK A SITE, PLEASE LET SANDY KNOW WHICH SITE & WHO YOU ARE BY PERSONAL EMAIL THROUGHT THIS WEBSITE. THANKS! SANDY
Old 05-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #13

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Sandy, just booked site 189 arriving Friday and leaving Monday. Will fry up some sausage for the breakfast.
Roy Bakehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #14

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Bakehorn View Post
Sandy, just booked site 189 arriving Friday and leaving Monday. Will fry up some sausage for the breakfast.
GREAT!! Will be happy to see you again! Sandy

P.S. If you happen to have some of those awesome fish I keep hearing people brag about, you could fry up some of those for the Friday night potluck!! Ha! Ha!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #15

Funny, Roy, I just E-mailed Sandy about that very thing when she said you were coming. Obviously you and your fish are gaining fame. Terry R.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #16

Ohio
Mystery of the Sites is resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Webb View Post
Does anyone know who has sites 145, 188, 195 & 196 reserved? If so, please let Sandy know asap so she can put them on her list. Thanks! AS OF NOW, THESE SITES IN OUR PET LOOP ARE RESERVED:
145 (not sure if this is "our family" or not???) 148,149,150, 151,152, 154 AND ACROSS THE WAY: 185, 186, 187, 188 (DON'T KNOW WHO THIS IS???), 192, 193, 194, & don't think these are part of our group - 195, & 196 )
AS YOU BOOK A SITE, PLEASE LET SANDY KNOW WHICH SITE & WHO YOU ARE BY PERSONAL EMAIL THROUGHT THIS WEBSITE. THANKS! SANDY
Mystery is solved! Site 145 & 188 are our "rally family". Sites 195 & 196 are not!! We now have 15 sites reserved and growing daily! The only sites left in the "middle of the action" are 153, 190, & 191. Snooze, you will not only lose, you will have to wear your jogging shoes!! LOL! Sandy
Old 05-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #17

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
P.S. If you happen to have some of those awesome fish I keep hearing people brag about, you could fry up some of those for the Friday night potluck!! Ha! Ha![/QUOTE]

I might just do that, will have to see how the fishing goes this summer, I need to resupply my stock. I have not been fishing this year due to the cold and rain and high water.
Roy Bakehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #18

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Talking about high water, I checked out the website for this campgrounds meet. There is a warning that the lake is currently 20' above normal, so they won't currently allow boating. Picnic shelters, street signs and water fountains are all below the surface. Wow, I sure hope the water levels drop soon.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #19

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Bakehorn View Post

I might just do that, will have to see how the fishing goes this summer, I need to resupply my stock. I have not been fishing this year due to the cold and rain and high water.
Dude! The Fish Fry is in the spring in Indiana. Don't dillute the brand!
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #20

We are willing to stop releasing all those crappie and blue gill we have been catching and start freezing. How many do you think you need? We fillet them and freeze them in water. We deep fry them in a beer batter, and since it is pretty puffy stuff, they go a long way. Since I don't know how you fry them, I wouldn't even begin to know how many you might need.

We also fry strips of chicken for the non fish eaters. Terry R

Tags
2011, fall, sept. 22-26