MI Sept 7-9 2012: michigan algonac glassic egg scramble! - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: what ya wanna eat????
roast goat 6 22.22%
roasted turkey,chicken 21 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #221

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Sitting aroung a campfire will give folks a good chance to discuss future ideas. We have already found a topic we all agree on for these rallies. Food!

Was a little iffy on goat, and not all that keen on trying buttered monkey, BBQ monkey maybe, who can resist a good BBQ sauce?

It may well be that we will come up with some demonstrations, informative speakers or events that people will like, and that with a year to plan can be implemented. Or there may be a location for next year that will have some festival or event that would be of interest.

I'm one lazy camper, I read, eat, maybe swim if I'm hot, sit around campfire, might play cards, drink a little. My idea of a big activity is taking the dog for a walk all the way to the park entrance with DW or going to get ice cream.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #222

Trailer: 1987 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
I'd just rather tell others how to do that stuff. That way I wouldn't embarrass myself. As for that infamous macaroni salad, infamous has a negative connotation. I'd rather have FAMOUS macaroni salad. Maybe you could re-educate your wife?
It's only "infamous" to me. Others who partake of the canned tuna, pasta, mixture like it. I'd rather gargle rusty razor blades than to try to "re-educate" my wife.
Jim Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #223

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Egg count

Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
hmmmm not sure i trust this group with a vat-O-lube and a discussion on bearing and spindle lubrication just yet.....

after all there was talk of drunken gummy bears....
John, I have been looking at my site map and I think we have a few more, I have been counting each time someone makes a post and I show trailers on sites 60,61,62,120 and 122.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #224

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I'd be happy to go into all the gory details of just how I chose my fabrics and decor, including the pros and cons of kiwi green as opposed to lime green...... I'm sure that it will give the guys a good looong nap (LOL).

But in all seriousness, I think a rodeo type gathering would be really interesting and fun!!

As far as food, I'm ready and willing to fill in with additionals as needed. And I'm still working on getting all my little gummy bears into a drunken stupor. Is someone bringing plates and silverware or are we all supplying our own?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #225

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I assume, and that can be a bad thing, that we bring our own dishes & sliverware (misspelled on purpose). That was what was done at the rally we attended in Indiana.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:27 AM   #226

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
I assume, and that can be a bad thing, that we bring our own dishes & sliverware (misspelled on purpose). That was what was done at the rally we attended in Indiana.
no rg your thought process is on target. we provide our own dishes and tableware, also drinks, and while there will be a goodly amount of food there is no way of knowing for certain if we have enough green jello with marshmallows in it, so it is wise to be prepared if you need to supliment our dinner spred for yourself.
pretty sure it might be wise for a person or two to pack a few extra hot dogs. i've seen campers eat before.....
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #227

Michigan
GREAT PUMPKIN Charley Brown!!!! i know we are early for halloween,,,,but ,,, i have heard a rumor the great pumpkin may camp at algonac......eeeeewwwwwww scarrrrry.

actualy it is harvest time,, would be a shame to not take advantage of it on such a beautiful weekend as we have planned.

might be fun to make carmel apples? or donuts and cider could be enjoyed.

i know i for one will have my pie irons handy in case some apple pie filling needs to be delt with. do they work with pumpkin filling? i guess we will darn well find out.anyone else have pie irons bring em out and lets show those without them ,,,"HOW SWEET IT IS!"
Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #228

Name: Carol
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Michigan
Just bought an 84 Scamp. We'll be on sight 58, looking for lots of advice.
Carol in MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #229

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Welcome, Carol! I hope I can make it. School and tennis elbow, painful enough to restrict sleeping, may keep me home, but hubby is going.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #230

Michigan
Welcome Carol, I look forward to meeting you, I just picked up a 81 16ft Scamp this summer. Also Hi to Cindy, I hope you can make it.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #231

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
Michigan
Eggsited---#70

Newbies here, Bob and Karen from Mt. Clemens, MI. Read the posts and would like to participate. Will be arriving Friday leaving early Sunday am due to other commitments that day. Karen is still contemplating a dish to pass. Been a lurker for a long time and very happy to help or share anything I know, and to learn the things that I don't.

dbc
dbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #232

Michigan
Welcome Bob, the party is growing, what site are you guys on?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #233

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
Michigan
Eggsited---#70

Site 70 which is in the middle of everyone, yet no one wanted it? Must be because we were supposed to be there meeting everyone!

dbc
dbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #234

Michigan
awsome,, more folks,,,so cool. bring your smiles cause we are gonna have some fun.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #235

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
awsome,, more folks,,,so cool. bring your smiles cause we are gonna have some fun.
Quite the turnout expected. Good job, John W !
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #236

Michigan
Pam, This is really growing. I cant wait to meet everyone and see all the different "Egg". Has anyone looked at the Egg camping get together at Brown County State Park in Indiana? Its on October 12-14, they have at least 15 going so far.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #237

Michigan
when we first started this out site 70 was taken, so they may have cancelled for some reason and it became available.

if anyone has some fun games,,,beanbag toss, ladderball,or my favorite,,,lawn darts! bring them along.

lol lawn darts,,,, i have a great idea,,,lets give the kids javelins to throw.....lol who thought that one up?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #238

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
lol lawn darts,,,, i have a great idea,,,lets give the kids javelins to throw.....lol who thought that one up?
Two possibilities, an older brother who was already throwing sharp things at a younger sibling and had a eureka moment (I can make a better projectile!) or someone who was way too into studying the darwinian process as applied to modern children.

Do wonder how we ever survived without bike helmets, hand sanitizer and safety playground equipment. Our playground slides were tall, scary and dangerous! but fun, you bet.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #239

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
We drank out of hoses, too.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #240

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
I have set of lawn darts.... The kind with the rounded, plastic base in place of the pointy end. It has been years since they were used. We bought them after the heavy, pointed ones were declared unsafe, a hazard, etc. etc.
I will toss them around tomorrow before I leave and see if they still work. If they do I will throw them aboard.
There is also a set of "Liar's Dice" and a leather cup for rainy afternoons under a tarp and this set is older than the darts.
Scouter Dave.