MI Sept 7-9 2012: michigan algonac glassic egg scramble! - Page 14 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: what ya wanna eat????
roast goat 6 22.22%
roasted turkey,chicken 21 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #261

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
ok here is an assignment for everyone.
{..........}
oh speaking of pictures, i know we will have our laptop, and i expect others will too. if you have a digital camera please share pictures with others. specialy if we have someone thats good (that means willing) at putting together an album for us.
I have an unlimited Flickr account which also means I can upload full size images. It has "albums" these collections can be directly linked to. Don't mind collecting and uploading pictures. There are no special features to the albums they are just a named group of photos with thumbnails and navigation.

If I make the collection public anyone can download or get links to individual pictures. You can to email a link to friends and family and they can also view or download.

If your not familiar with Flickr you can check these out.

Share button gets you the link
P1050041 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Actions button -> View All Sizes lets you download at various sizes.

This is a link to an album
Hee Haw - a set on Flickr

BTW - these pictures are the hartland senior center show they put on as a fund raiser. My wife Cheryl does tap, she is in the center of the first picture wearing the pink and white striped dress. These ladies run from in their 50's to upper 80's and they are really good.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #262

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
I thought that everyones' trailers would be open houses.... or at least I planned to tour them all But, at the other Rally that I attend, if you are opening your trailer for the tours, you just leave your door 'open'.
Leave the door open!
All well and good for you folks with screen doors!

I too am looking forward to scoping out all the different features and mods, DW is looking forward to checking out the decor and pretty stuff. People can check out our rig to see how far the features have come since back in the day
And say hi to the dog. Katie says oh boy people my favorite
Old 09-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #263

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
i like the "open house time idea" but.... not everyone functions the same at all times,,, one group may have their egg ready to be seen early,,, others may take awhile to get going. perhaps an open house ribbon? that would signify your willing to great visitors?
we can figure something out. i like the sale table idea. if someone knows how it would work i'd be good with that. the gift thing might be an idea for next time as with so little time left and people on the road,, it might just be too much of a scramble.
well,,,,, unless it was gifts of donuts......mmmmm donuts...
Old 09-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #264

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Hi John and all Eggs, I think the "open House' is a really neat idea. Last month I took my egg to the Tin Can Tourest up in Port Austin MI. At noon on Saturday they blew a big fire horn that was the start of the open house tour. Everyone had their campers all decked out for folks to stop by and take a look. It was so much fun to show off my "egg" to "tin can" owners and the same for me to see the old cans. I had 65 people vist my egg.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #265

Michigan
bacon makes everything taste better,,,even bacon

Click image for larger version

Name:	breakfast-cake.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	50660saturday morning breakfast?
Old 09-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #266

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
You hurt me with that bacon picture. I'd hurt more if I ate it, though. But it sure would be good going down.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #267

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
Hi John and all Eggs, I think the "open House' is a really neat idea. Last month I took my egg to the Tin Can Tourest up in Port Austin MI. At noon on Saturday they blew a big fire horn that was the start of the open house tour. Everyone had their campers all decked out for folks to stop by and take a look. It was so much fun to show off my "egg" to "tin can" owners and the same for me to see the old cans. I had 65 people vist my egg.
First thing my wife said when I said "open house" was
She would have a preference for a known time. When we know folks are coming she can get me to on board to make the "house" look nice. Otherwise let us just say I can tend to be horizontally organized, as in it's a horizontal surface I'll put stuff on it.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #268

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
The open house times have varied depending on the rally and they are totally voluntary. The most common times are either early afternoon or around 4 p.m. We often go sightseeing in the local area and we open up our trailer if we are home. Otherwise, people just stop by when they see us in our screen house.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #269

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Usually the open houses run from 1pm-4pm or 2pm-4pm. Voluntary, just as Kevin said.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #270

Michigan
might be good sunday morning,,, that way we can clean up,, visit,, then pack a nice clean trailer for the ride home
Old 09-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #271

From a personal standpoint, pack up morning is not the best time to see me or the VT in the best condition! We need to be hitting the road between 9 and 10.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #272

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
From a personal standpoint, pack up morning is not the best time to see me or the VT in the best condition! We need to be hitting the road between 9 and 10.
Mornings just don't arrive BC (before coffee) Trailer won't be the only thing that is a mess at that time.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #273

Michigan
ok,,, went and bought a new turkey fryer today,,, so fried turkey .....
anyone else has something they need fried,,, a chicken,,,, some fish bring it along by the time the turkey has cooled and been carved we can fry something else.
also built a stand for a rotisery today so can roast a couple chickens over the fire....
im feeling so manly and neanderthal,,,, ugghh ughhh fire,,, meat,,, ughhh ughh
Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #274

Michigan
If you're so manly do you drag your wife around by her hair? (Or does she drag you?)
Old 09-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #275

Name: Gord
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Ontario
big pot

Pot is 19 inches across and 16 inches high...will hold up to 12 dozen cobs of corn....My question is " Will this pot fit on the fire pits at camp ground ? or does some one have a stove that this pot will fit on?" thanks

Looking forward to meeting every one!
golin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #276

Name: alice
Trailer: teardrop
Ontario
newbies here in a small trailer /teardrop I am in site 87 (i think i am to far away from you all maybe i can move??? it look all full. is any one by me ) i seen the post at tearjerkers
alice in ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #277

Michigan
golin yes it will fit.
rg,,, i am man enough to know better then mess with that woman....
and alice, your only 4 sites down so its not bad, however maybe the person on 75,123,57,0r69 would be willing to swap when we get there. anyway, i wouldn't worry about it too much,,,,what with drunken gummy bears,,,you might want a little distance,,,,lol

and finaly, holy flapjacks batman,,,,,,just a few days to go!
i am trying to get so many things done all at the same time i don't know if i will actually get any of them done. its going to be good to just relax and enjoy ourselves this weekend.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #278

John,
You did remember to put down the deposit on the NICE WEATHER package, right? We're counting on you!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #279

Michigan
Don't get so busy that you meet yourself coming and going. Bad enough to talk to yourself but answer, too? Shouldn't say anything about that because I talk to myself, too. But I have two good reasons for doing that. I like to talk to an intelligent person and I like to hear an intelligent person talk.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #280

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Don't get so busy that you meet yourself coming and going. Bad enough to talk to yourself but answer, too? Shouldn't say anything about that because I talk to myself, too. But I have two good reasons for doing that. I like to talk to an intelligent person and I like to hear an intelligent person talk.
actually i thought i might provide a leaktest service before winter just to help everyone out.....

and hey,,i may be skitzophrenic,,,,but at least i have each other!