MI Sept 7-9 2012: michigan algonac glassic egg scramble! - Page 15 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

View Poll Results: what ya wanna eat????
roast goat 6 22.22%
roasted turkey,chicken 21 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #281

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
lets see,,, croc shoes for wet grass (check!), umbrella (check!), towels for my leaky windows (double check check!), awning to keep the rain off my door (check!), ok I'm all ready to go!!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #282

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
lets see,,, croc shoes for wet grass (check!), umbrella (check!), towels for my leaky windows (double check check!), awning to keep the rain off my door (check!), ok I'm all ready to go!!
That makes one of us! My boss has been working me like he don't have to pay overtime, wait he doesn't.... Did manage to get a screen and latches on front window so that is cool.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #283

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
All set to head out to Michigan at 6 a.m. Friday morning. Looks like a good day to travel tomorrow. I should be arriving between 2 and 3 p.m. Does anyone know if the 3 p.m. check-in is a firm time or whether I can get in a bit earlier (2 p.m.)?
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #284

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I just hitched up. Now gotta get our "stuff" in the trailer. We're around 200 miles away and expect to head out between 10 and 10:30 am. We'll get there when we get there. I would expect you could check in anytime as long as your site isn't occupied by somebody else until check out time, whenever that is.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #285

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
All set to head out to Michigan at 6 a.m. Friday morning. Looks like a good day to travel tomorrow. I should be arriving between 2 and 3 p.m. Does anyone know if the 3 p.m. check-in is a firm time or whether I can get in a bit earlier (2 p.m.)?
I think the park will be empty except for the Eggs, with school starting most folks are gearing down. I think you wont have a problem checking in before 3pm. Drive safe.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #286

Thanks! Safe travels to everyone.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #287

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
should be no problem checking in when you get there. if your site happens to have someone on it. stretch your legs a bit on the beautiful walking trail, or grab a snack and sit on the river and watch the freighters go by.

speaking of which,,,bring binoculars everyone. maybe we can see who can collect the most ship names , its fun to look them up later on the internet and see who you saw. see? awwww.

we may get a little sprinkle sat. am just to hold down the pollen. but looks to be a very pleasant weekend.we will have a campfire saterday evening after dinner. so please plan on being there. no big activities planned otherwise. though if anyone wants to go for a walk on the trails, or a bike ride, or go fishing, or anything at all that catches your attention, please cruise threw and see if anyone would like to join you. also i think i will post a board at my campsite as a sort of mailbox for those sorts of things,,, say you plan on going down to the marina to fish in the morning, will be away for others to join in.
also i will have a few michigan history magazines , and stuff in case you want to drop by saturday morning for coffee, and a little quiet time, i get up on the dark side of 6am most days.may touch back before i leave tommorrow,,,otherwise,,,,be there or be square!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #288

Thanks, John. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. My wife (Cindy L) will not be joining us due to work commitments, but I will be there with bells on!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #289

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I plan on taking a nap but I'd bet my wife would NOT want me to invite any other of the women to join me. Probably wouldn't survive if I did. P.S.---is BSing allowed?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #290

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Sorry, folks. I just can't make it. I had a meeting with the Assoc. Dean today. My list of to-dos doubled, and I am already teaching an overload.

Party hardy for me.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #291

Trailer: 13 ft 2000 Scamp
Packing and prepping as we speak, looking forward to the event. It will be great to put faces with the names. Thanks John for pulling this all together.
Steve M K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #292

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Sorry, folks. I just can't make it. I had a meeting with the Assoc. Dean today. My list of to-dos doubled, and I am already teaching an overload.

Party hardy for me.

CindyL
Aw Cindy, I was looking forward to meeting you. I'll have to eat your rummy gummy bears for you now!! We'll meet up some other time, you have a good weekend. Thank you for being there for our children, Teachers are unsung HEROES

See everyone tomorrow!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #293

Trailer: Predom Prespol (N126N) Captain
Registry
Duct Tape lives again

The "Captain" had a run-in with the garage door while pulling it out of the "barn" so we won't be in "mint" condition for the open house. Good thing someone invented duct tape. Can't glue the plastic with the chlorinated solvent which usually works - must be some other kind of plastic.

So I e-mailed the factory in Poland and I hope they can supply a new hatch. This little accident might cost us more than the trailer to begin with (geeze, I hope I"m kidding). I've gotten very attached to it so I feel like my arm is broken or something.

Sympathy welcome. See everyone tomorrow.

PS I wasn't driving. Someone else is in the doghouse.
Jennifer Minogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #294

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Pam,

I have a blow-up mannequin. Want me to send that with Kevin?

Seriously, thanks. My university is working on getting reapproved to continue to certify teachers. I am program chair, so I will be writing this weekend.

I may drop down for a couple of hours though and check out the Route 66 cars.

Cindy
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #295

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Be safe everyone!
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #296

Name: lyle
Trailer: Trillium
Michigan
Registry
Well, it's always something, eh?

All packed up, ready to go. Trac phone needed a charge so I plugged it into the cigarette lighter and turned on the ignition. Just for a bit, ya know. About 24 hours later I noticed the trac phone plugged in.

Good news? The trac phone is FULLY charged.
Bad news? Dead, really dead, battery.

So it's off to Sam's Club bright and early for me. Duh!
clyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #297

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyle View Post
Well, it's always something, eh?

All packed up, ready to go. Trac phone needed a charge so I plugged it into the cigarette lighter and turned on the ignition. Just for a bit, ya know. About 24 hours later I noticed the trac phone plugged in.

Good news? The trac phone is FULLY charged.
Bad news? Dead, really dead, battery.

So it's off to Sam's Club bright and early for me. Duh!
AHH!! See you at the campgrounds, guess we'll know who has the newest battery if any of us need a jump, eh?
Old 09-07-2012, 04:35 AM   #298

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
AHH!! See you at the campgrounds, guess we'll know who has the newest battery if any of us need a jump, eh?
ok,, heres hoping its just the battery, bad thing to forget all those electronics in the on position. we will pray to the automotive gods for you
Old 09-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #299

Looks like pretty much everyone is here! And believe it or not, there are FOUR UHauls ... 2 VTs and 2CTs. Must be some kind of record. Lots of good conversations already!
Old 09-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #300

Registry
I'm back home and unpacking. This weekend was absolutely fabulous!! Such great people, and I met so many new friends. Wish it was starting all over again but there's always next year! Thanks to everyone that put so much work into this, most importantly, John Warren. (clap clap clap !!)