MI Sept 7-9 2012: michigan algonac glassic egg scramble! - Page 13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: what ya wanna eat????
roast goat 6 22.22%
roasted turkey,chicken 21 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #241

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
[QUOTE=RogerDat;330881

Do wonder how we ever survived.........[/QUOTE]

BB gun fights!!!
Let's hear it for Red Ryder and Little Beaver!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #242

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter Dave View Post
BB gun fights!!!
Let's hear it for Red Ryder and Little Beaver!
Spiced up every once in a while with firecracker artillery (or at least around the 4th of July)

I also someplace have one of those "wrist rocket" sling shots. Back when they were allowed to have a solid arm brace. Parents brought us up to be bright enough to not shoot each other with them so the fact that they had "too much" power just meant that soup cans knew real fear.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #243

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Spiced up every once in a while with firecracker artillery (or at least around the 4th of July)

I also someplace have one of those "wrist rocket" sling shots. Back when they were allowed to have a solid arm brace. Parents brought us up to be bright enough to not shoot each other with them so the fact that they had "too much" power just meant that soup cans knew real fear.
i still have my whamo slingshot. the wood one with the wide rubber bands. can't find the replacement rubbers and pouch anymore.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #244

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp 13
Florida
We are new Scamp owners and plan on attending. We have a 1981 Scamp 13 and have site 118 reserved. Can't wait to meet everyone.
John & Marcia
John In Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #245

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by John In Florida View Post
We are new Scamp owners and plan on attending. We have a 1981 Scamp 13 and have site 118 reserved. Can't wait to meet everyone.
John & Marcia
awsome john and marcia,,, look forward to seeing you there.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #246

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by John In Florida View Post
John & Marcia
Stop in and see me, I'm on spot 73 with a 1981 16ft scamp.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #247

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
Stop in and see me, I'm on spot 73 with a 1981 16ft scamp.
.........right next to site 71, with the 13ft UHaul serving jello shots and drunken gummy bears

Looking forward to meeting you two, John and Marcia
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #248

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
I am looking forward to meeting everyone too. Especially Pam. I have always loved gummy bears.......and drunken gummy bears!
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #249

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
.........right next to site 71, with the 13ft UHaul serving jello shots and drunken gummy bears

Looking forward to meeting you two, John and Marcia
I heard the jello shots are gonna be green with white marshmallow garnish. Go Green, Go White. Sparty on.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #250

Michigan
ok here is an assignment for everyone.

do not rush! this week look at the web along the route you will take to get to algonac. for example as i live in oxford, i will be cutting acrossed 32 mile road all the way to m29 then south to algonac. i will be passing threw romeo, which has some nice fruit orchards,,,though i understand this year has been bad for them. i will probably take a look incase i can pick up some fresh peaches for a peach cobler. or something along those lines.

i may take some pictures too. this can give us all an chance to share cool things we see along the route with others. it will also be interesting to see if other people saw and were struck by the same things you saw along the wayon the same route.

now the true goal here is to just slow down,,, enjoy this beautiful state. discover at least one thing new. and show up safe, sound, and ready to enjoy ourselves. be safe out there, double check your hitch and chains and lights. and do not forget your coffee cup! (there could be saturday morning donuts envolved)

oh speaking of pictures, i know we will have our laptop, and i expect others will too. if you have a digital camera please share pictures with others. specialy if we have someone thats good (that means willing) at putting together an album for us.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #251

Registry
John, Thats a great idea. My girlfriend and I will be leaving at 11am, towing our campers eastward, over from the Fenton area, so we'll probably be on a similar route to yours. We might even wind up with a 3rd camper in our group (looks like we got us a Convoy, 10-4!). If you want to make it a 4th, John, feel free (or anyone else running along this route on our timeframe) We'll see everyone at the big 'A' in the afternoon. I hear that check in is at 3pm.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #252
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
ok here is an assignment for everyone.

do not rush! this week look at the web along the route you will take to get to algonac. for example as i live in oxford, i will be cutting acrossed 32 mile road all the way to m29 then south to algonac. i will be passing threw ut like can se
now the true goal here is to just slow down,,, enjoy this beautiful state. discover at least one thing new. and show up safe, sound, and ready to enjoy ourselves. be safe out there, double check your hitch and chains and lights. and do not forget your coffee cup! (there could be saturday morning donuts envolved)

oh speaking of pictures, i know we will have our laptop, and i expect others will too. if you have a digital camera please share pictures with others. specialy if we have someone thats good (that means willing) at putting together an album for us.
Hi john I've attended 7 boleramas and one of the best things about it in my opinion is the gift exchange after the dinner not because I like to receive but like to give . Usually something camping related and inexpensive or home made maybe we can see what other eggers think
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #253

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Hi john I've attended 7 boleramas and one of the best things about it in my opinion is the gift exchange after the dinner not because I like to receive but like to give . Usually something camping related and inexpensive or home made maybe we can see what other eggers think

I'm in on that one! but at this late date, I wonder if we can get the word out to everyone. Something else that the groups have done is have a 'table sale' of items that they want to unload (er, resell ).
Old 09-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #254

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Something else that the groups have done is have a 'table sale' of items that they want to unload (er, resell ).
bolerama in ontario uses a white board people list the item and site #, others just leave stuff laid out on display with prices in the group areas.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #255

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
At class reuinion they have people bring a gift and draw for them as door prizes. That is a pretty fun event. People are asked to bring something "local" to where you are from, but then that group is from a more diverse geographic area. Or maybe not?

I like the idea of stuff for sale board or area.

I think at this first event it would be good to just sit around, maybe after dinner and brainstorm ideas. So many people have good suggestions.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #256

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
IMO, no gift but a sale could be good. That way nobody would feel pressure to get a gift.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #257

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
I am already westbound but I have stuff with me that will fit either event.
Scouter Dave.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #258

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Its less than a week away and after reading all the notes from everyone I'm ready to grab my baked beans, hook up the egg and leave tonight. Drive safe everyone.
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #259

Michigan
It might be an idea to have a time set aside for a camper open house for those that wish to participate. Chance to check out each others campers, and let folks in the campground who might want to get an idea of what FGRV's are like.

Don't really have any idea how something like that could be organized so that only the campers that don't mind can somehow "flag" their site as participating. Sort of like at Holloween, you leave your porch light on if you are passing out candy. Maybe a crepe paper streamer or something on the site?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #260

Registry
I thought that everyones' trailers would be open houses.... or at least I planned to tour them all But, at the other Rally that I attend, if you are opening your trailer for the tours, you just leave your door 'open'.