South Western B.C. Meet - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #41

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Ron, our gas today just topped $1.30/L and will rise more toward this weekend (Canadian long weekend). I'm too afraid to even attempt a conversion but the Canuck buk is also rising against the 'Murican buk!! ....about 90 odd cents I think!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #42

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Doug, I did the math. One (1) U.S. gallon equals 3.785 liters.
One U.S. gallon of "regular" today here in Tigard... $3.50/gal
One liter equals $1.30/CDN and, at todays exchange rate, equals $1.17 US dollars.
$1.17 times 3.785 liters equals $4.42/one U.S. gal.
Basically speaking, I would have to pay $.92 more USD per gallon to fill up north of the border!!
The Tundra has a 26.4 gallon (100 liter) tank. 26.4 gal times $.92 equals $24.28 USD.
I hope you won't mind if I fill up in Bellingham!!

Ron
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #43

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Doug, I did the math. One (1) U.S. gallon equals 3.785 liters.
One U.S. gallon of "regular" today here in Tigard... $3.50/gal
One liter equals $1.30/CDN and, at todays exchange rate, equals $1.17 US dollars.
$1.17 times 3.785 liters equals $4.42/one U.S. gal.
Basically speaking, I would have to pay $.92 more USD per gallon to fill up north of the border!!
The Tundra has a 26.4 gallon (100 liter) tank. 26.4 gal times $.92 equals $24.28 USD.
I hope you won't mind if I fill up in Bellingham!!

Ron
Ron, the gas prices are just one of the "honours" of your new Canadian citizenship that you will need to get use to. The Canadian responce to it is a shrug and a smile!
I am off to fill up the tug before it hits $5.00 US a gallon just in time for the long week-end - savings will cover my golf game at the egg meet this weekend.

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #44

Registry
NO No no!! DON'T fill up in Bellingham, they are almost the highest in WA!

It would depend which crossing you are going to use for me to (possibly) advise you where to refuel; BUT don't do it in B'ham unless you just top off there. Filling up at the gas bars at or near the north bound Duty Free(?) shops is ALWAYS advisable. Failing that, Sedro Woolley (prolly outta your way) always has 'less 'spensive' fuel. Ferndale WA would be an I-5 fuel up spot, followed by Blaine. Lynden (@ Safeway) is a good place too!
Soooo many choices!!!!

I'd be "elated" with a 26'er of 120 proof bottle of Cruzin Rum (NOT available in Canuck town ) ...for which I will gladly pay you back on Tuesday for, LOL!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #45

Registry
Carol, I don't know which route you plan to take to get to BigFoot, but gas IS ALWAYS cheaper @ Canadian Stewpid Store in Mission ( route #7 is really a more scenic route any way!!) than anywhere else in the GVRD. There are a few other stations east of Mission where gas is ALSO cheaper, BTW!!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #46

Registry
MAN, we (the Trailer Goddess and I) are sooooo hyped about our upcoming long weekend meet, that today after work I repolished the 'mags' on the Trillium and detailed the aging tires too!!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #47

Registry
Quote:
Carol, I don't know which route you plan to take to get to BigFoot, but gas IS ALWAYS cheaper @ Canadian Stewpid Store in Mission ( route #7 is really a more scenic route any way!!) than anywhere else in the GVRD. There are a few other stations east of Mission where gas is ALSO cheaper, BTW!!!!
Wish you had told me that yesterday before I filled up! Its Subaru so the needle will unfortunatly not drop much between here & Mission. Will have to check it out on the way home. We are also looking forward to the gathering.

Carol

PS The trailer like Ron obtained a Canadian citizenship and has a shiny new plate to prove it!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #48

Registry
Quote:
Wish you had told me that yesterday before I filled up! Its Subaru so the needle will unfortunatly not drop much between here & Mission. Will have to check it out on the way home. We are also looking forward to the gathering.

Carol

PS The trailer like Ron obtained a Canadian citizenship and has a shiny new plate to prove it!
Carol,

I'm not sure which "shiny new plate" you mean but what a coincidence... this morning, before I read your post, I called the Custom Plates Desk at the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles to ask if the custom plate "CANADA" was available (for the Tundra). I had seen it on a vehicle about six months ago driving around near where I live. If they don't renew it, it becomes available. The people did not renew it so I ordered the plates today. So, I have a Canadian built, Bigfoot trailer, new (resumed) Canadian citizenship, and will have a U.S. (Oregon) plate on the Tundra..."CANADA". How sweet is that???
Old 05-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #49

Registry
But now the REAL problem is breaking you of the old 'Muricun "huh" habit and replacing that with the more Canadian term of "EH"

Oh and I hope I'm not the first to say, Welcome Baaaack
Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #50

Registry
Quote:
Carol,

I'm not sure which "shiny new plate" you mean but what a coincidence...
The shiny new plates read B.C. the old one read Idaho. Glad you were able to get the plate you wanted!

Carol
Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 PM   #51

Registry
Hay Ron, you got mail.....
Old 05-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #52

Registry
Quote:
Hay Ron, you got mail.....
Doug,

Where do I have mail? There's a big ol' goose egg by the "New Messages" on top.
Hope everyone had a good time during your holiday!

Ron
Old 05-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #53

Registry
Ron, I clicked on your name, and when that opened I clicked on "send email", so I've sent ya a response to a message you sent me (and I accidently deleted instead of responding to), LOL

Weather at Harrison was showers on and off and RAIN alot at night. I undersatnd the weather both here in the Fraser Valley AND south was waaay wetter!

Our group has taken a vote on a name for ourselves and we decided on Glass Eggs. (HOW ORIGINAL IS THAT!!! )

Plans are underway now for our fall meet to be held back at 'The Fort' (in Fort Langley Campground) this September. Craig and a few others are going to the grounds open house to talk with park management to start planning sites, rates, etc!!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:19 PM   #54

Registry
Doug, I hate to continue posting on this thread, however, because I have tried to send you mail directly via this website, I have been unsuccessful. I send you something and then I check my "Sent mail" and there's nothing there so I'm assuming you're not getting it. There is a way around it. You could send email to my aol account. Cyclecamper@aol.com. I'll be in Langley this coming Sunday. I'll be in the Bellingham Elks Club parking lot Saturday night and will be boondocking at the Langley WalMart parking lot Sunday afternoon/night. I'll be ready and near for the Canada Services Centre to open on Monday. Gotta get that SIN card.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #55

Registry
Ron, I'll try that addy now. I've heard from a few AOL users that that provider (AOL) isn't always 'workable' with other providers.

Look for personal mail we don't need to tie up this board, as you say....
Old 05-29-2007, 10:34 PM   #56

Trailer: 1970 Boler
So who has pics to share with the rest of the group?

How many 'eggs' were in attendance?

- Kurt
Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #57

Registry
Kurt, I was too pre-occupied to take any pix, but I know another fellow rodder did manage to squeeze off a few shots. He doesn't post on here, but is a member, and as soon as I can, I'll get copys and post!! Depending on what part of the weekend one did a head count, I think we alternated between 22 to 24 Eggs. Some had to leave for family emergencys, but others happened to show up to take their place(s).

We are 'working' on the upcoming fall meet to be held back at the newly remodeled 'Fort', in Fort Langley in mid September IF you're interested.....