TN Southern Egg Rally? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #21

Name: OnTheRoadAgain
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
The "stinky" I was talking about is the Hiwassee in TN. Ever been to Calhoun TN when the Bowater Paper Plant is running?
Sounds like the GA portion of the Hiwassee is clean which is great.

| 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II | 2016 Toyota Tundra |
Oliver_Elite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #22

Tennessee
>>> Down by the River campground in Pineola is pretty nice, close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, <<<

Looks nice.
Down By The River Campground

Old 07-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #23

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Without dwelling into personal medical issues, having electricity and nothing else is often good enough for us. Our trailer has a fresh water tank that can last several days along with gray and black tanks that can last several days as well. At some of the National Parks we stay at, they just have electricity, but they also have a dump station and fresh water fill up stations. So if I stay for an extended period, I can always hook up, dump and top off the fresh tank. Typically I run out of fresh water before I run out of gray and black tank space. So sometimes I'll just fill up a water jug or two, pour them into the fresh tank, and then we are OK.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #24

Tennessee
Yep let's not go there on the nitty-gritty of going
We figure after 3 days our black water (we are very thrifty on what goes in there, no TP. Use wipes and don't flush them of course) we will have to dump had to do that this week matter of fact. The problem we have run across is the state parks dump stations do not have a water faucet hookup to rinse using your own hose. They still have the dark (grin) ages wands. Our RV doesn't have a screen that opens in the wet/dry bath. No wand for us.
What we plan to do is stay at a state park that doesn't have sewer and move on the 4th day to a private park that does have a hookup.
It would be helpful if we had a published guide what state parks and federal parks had dump stations and are they the modern kind?

Old 07-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #25

Tennessee
What does one do at a rally?

What can people expect going to a rally?

Discounts?
Sale items?
Food fair?
Activities?
etc?

Having never been to one what are they like?
What specifically do you enjoy at rallies?
What makes for a successful rally?

What does on (or doesn't happen) at a bad rally?
Ever been to one that was a waste of time?
What went wrong?

What are the sizes of some of the planned rallies?
Largest?
Medium?
Smallest?

Not trying to be obtuse or obnoxious just curious.
Thanks in advance for courteous replies.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:34 AM   #26

Name: Hidalga
Trailer: Modified 13' Scamp
Full-Timer
Rallies can be very different in many aspects.

My best suggestion for you to find the answers you seek is to comb through the FiberglassRV.com rally forum and read a few rally threads. Find one or two that would interest you and attend! You won't know if you don't go.

Publisher of The Roost - the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #27

Name: jim
Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape21 DeJa View pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I have been to the Townsend, Tn meet at least 5 times in past 8 years, it has always been the unofficial start of the camping season. For some reason, Casitas and Scamps have pulled their association with this meet? It has been at both the KOA and the cg right next to it. Good weather seems likely in april, normally 3-4 dozen campers. The largest has been the Escape Rally in Osoyoos,BC this year close to 150 participants and the cg is beautiful as is British Columbia. The smallest may have been less than 2 dozen at a residence in New York. It was unique in that for a nominal fee, it included meals for Friday/Sat/Sunday, so no cooking nor clean up. But, poor directions as well as the GPS made a 5 hour trip into 8 hours. So big or small, most rallies are what you make them to be, meeting fellow owners and placing a face with a screen name.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #28

Tennessee
Thank you H for your reply.

I guess a non-activity planned "meet up" would be best. A small group of TN and adjacent state Egg enthusiasts. Campgrounds with full hookups have very little room for a big rally. I know that the Townsend people meet but the space between sites are really tight.

There is so very much to do here of outdoor activities and people have different interests. Some people might want to freeze and go tubing down the Pigeon River (mountain stream cold even in the hottest part of summer) or trout fishing.

The mountains spectacular and most people head there for day trips. Only about 7 mi. to the Smokey entrance. Roads too windy for RVs. Go in tow vehicles only. Even our Tundra is wide for these roads. Often someone comes around a corner on our side of the road.

We did have enough lot room at Whispering River, Walland. I posted a few pictures in our public accessible album.

Eggs are not sited much around here of any brand. Mostly see the easier to obtain stick builds. We are an oddity in any of the campgrounds. Get lots of never seen a fiberglass RV. An Olivers even more rare in the whole of TN. Which is ironic. They are made mid-state. We live East about 4 hrs. away.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #29

Tennessee
CH,

Thank you for your kind response. Thinking maybe a small gathering as in a "meet up" may be best here?

A few couples that want more space on their lots. There are so many activities around here that planned really isn't necessary. Maybe come to our campsite for a cook out?

See our album and read what I wrote to H.

Tags
rally