NC Suggestions for 2016 Rallies/Events/Get-togethers to attend! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #1

Name: Susan
Trailer: Casita 17' SD; Tow Vehicle 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
North Carolina
Registry
Suggestions for 2016 Rallies/Events/Get-togethers to attend!

I would like to hear what rallies, etc. those of you really enjoy. I sometimes find it difficult to find the dates and details of upcoming events, so thought I would take the easy way out and ask for suggestions and information. People have suggested the Bluebonnet Rally, Green Eggs and Ham and others - so I would like to plan on attending some of these during the year.

I also might be able to swing an extended trip of 4-6 weeks in late summer or early fall. Travel "out west" or the northeast are possiblitlies, so any suggestions of itinerary, events, places not to miss would also be appreciated. (Trying to do some "retirement" trips the next few years even though I am not retired yet ... but have a large amount of vacation time accumulated!)

Home base for me is NC and I enjoyed meeting a few people at the Townsend, TN and Cherokee NC rallies this year! I have found I just need to carry a notebook around for the information available at these rallies!

Also, email is coosa1995@gmail.com if that works better for anyone. Thank you in advance for any suggestions! ::
Susan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Come on out to the Pacific Northwest (Pacific NorthWET right now). Attend the Fall NOG. We just in the planning stages right now and I'll post the details the middle of January. We do know it will happen Oct. 6-9, 2015

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Bolerama in July one of the largest ralleys in North America and only a half hour drive from Niagara Falls . And your dollar will go twice as far
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:45 PM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Ginny says life is about people.

Every rally we've been to the people have been wonderful. Though we haven't been to al the rallies, all the rallies we've been to have been fun, with interesting and friendly people.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #5

Name: Teal
Arizona
How about posting a calendar of rallies somewhere so we can all see what's happening and plan... is it possible on this site?
Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
How about posting a calendar of rallies somewhere so we can all see what's happening and plan... is it possible on this site?
You'll find both the 2015 and 2016 Rallies maps pinned to the top of this thread. Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Upcoming) - Fiberglass RV
Old 12-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #7

Arizona
thx... when I click on Fools Gathering in March... Grocery store ad pops up...?
Old 12-24-2015, 08:16 PM   #8

Quote:
thx... when I click on Fools Gathering in March... Grocery store ad pops up...?
I have NO idea, this is what I get
Attached Thumbnails
FoolsGathering.JPG  
Old 12-24-2015, 08:17 PM   #9

Arizona
Thank you so much Donna D.! there are two I will consider if the timing is good. Can't wait to meet some other scampers.
Teal
Old 12-25-2015, 02:39 PM   #10

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Teal, rally in Colorado in july. I saw the info somewhere posted here about a month ago.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:24 AM   #11

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
A calendar is a great idea

Quote:
Maps & Rallies is nice to see things geographically, but being able to see things by a time line is also extremely helpful for planning.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #12

Name: Shelly
Trailer: Casita LD 17'
North Carolina
New this year was the outer banks rally OBX near Cape Hatteras. October 2016 is scheduled. Land Between the Lakes, TN is in October too. Lancaster, PA is a small rally but interesting. There is generally a small informal get-together in the Fall in Virginia near the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Gourdamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:15 PM   #13

There's also the rallies calendar. But it's up to the rally organizers to put the information into the calendar: Fiberglass RV - Calendar
Old 12-27-2015, 04:37 PM   #14

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Just looked and there isn't a thing listed in the 2016 calendar, at least not through July. I know there are rallys in Feb, and May.

I've been trying to find one to attend since last summer, and it seems that the "regulars" fill up all the reservations immediately. By the time I heard of any of them, there were no sites left. I agree, a working calendar would be an asset. The map does help, but again, most sites are full within a few days of being available for reservations, at least that has been my experience with the rallys that may have worked for me.

You keep hearing the advice to attend a rally to check out what trailers are available, but it really isn't that easy, unless you plan to hotel it or tent camp.

Kinda like finding a trailer, you gotta be 100% on your toes, and jump the moment you hear of one, or you will miss out. Guess it's good practice.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
Just looked and there isn't a thing listed in the 2016 calendar, at least not through July. I know there are rallys in Feb, and May.
Lyle, I just looked at the April calendar for 2016 and there are two rallies listed. One of is the Spring NOG that I organize.

Where are you looking in the calendar and where do you want to go to a rally