CO The 4th Annual (?) Cherry Creek Round UP - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #41

Trailer: 2007 Casita
The thing I have ran into with this is, everythings booked up or on a first come first served basis. Which as Shirley pointed out, not a good thing for people coming from out of state or even on friday night after work.

Any other ideas anyone wants to throw out?
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #42

Name: Frank
Trailer: Hunter 1 1974
Colorado
Hi Robin, Vicki and Frank would like to join this year at a roundup. Cherry Creek is OK with us although all the other locations mentioned are OK too, we will go with what the majority wants. We need dates as well as place. Please keep us posted at sandunes123@hotmail.com thanks!
sandunes123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #43

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Hi all! I'm way late to the game but I found this thread while researching the Annual Rocky Mountain rally outside of Leadville. Anyways, we're in Salt Lake so something further west would be ideal for our first rally.

So has there been any development on doing something like this? Maybe even something for just a night or two, for a trailer or three? I'm not very familiar with western Colorado but my coworker is always talking about Fruita.

Well, anyways, I'd love to put a trip together for the end of August/early September or even later if there are any eggers that would like to meet up somewhere. And maybe we could get to planning a Western Colorado/Eastern Utah rally for 2014.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #44

Registry
Another option I just thought of is Dinosaur National Monument. There are six different campgrounds within the park, a few of which have "group" sites that can be reserved. They require a minimum of 8 people and are limited to a maximum of 25 people and 6 vehicles (does this include trailers?).

Perhaps it would be worth me starting a new thread inviting folks to a VERY casual meet up towards the end of the summer. The husband and I need to plan a trip or two in the near future and I think end of August/beginning of September would work well for my school schedule.

Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #45

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Come east to N.C I will meet you. LOL
Old 06-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #46

Registry
LOL, Papa-T! Unfortunately, we're not retired so we have to keep things kind of close to home. At this point, I can probably only get the him part of the equation convinced to do a long weekend but next year I hope to take him on a longer -- maybe 10-14 days -- trip. Maybe to see the Blue Ridges, eh?
Old 06-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #47

Name: Jim & Kathy
Trailer: Escape
Northern Colorado
I apologize I have not been on this site for some time and missed reading the previous discussion...shall we set a date of Sept 13?

If we want something other than CCSP, Chatfield (south of Denver) has lots of sites available that weekend. ditto for St. Vrain (I-25 & Longmont) and Boyd Lake (loveland).

We had a great time at CCSP last year. Let's do it again.
jrbowers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #48

Northern Colorado
We loved Ridgway near Ouray...also has sites available. Beautiful in late Aug or Sept.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #49

Jim and Kathy, I am up for anything if there is enough interest in a venue. You say Chatfield has plenty of openings? Problem with that is I think others wanted to move it somewhere other than the Denver area! I think staying near the I-70 corridor would be helpful to those from Utah who would like to attend. We have actually had a lot of interest from Utah egger's. Can you think of something along there?
Old 06-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #50

Northern Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Jim and Kathy, I am up for anything if there is enough interest in a venue. You say Chatfield has plenty of openings? Problem with that is I think others wanted to move it somewhere other than the Denver area! I think staying near the I-70 corridor would be helpful to those from Utah who would like to attend. We have actually had a lot of interest from Utah egger's. Can you think of something along there?
Hi Robin,

James M. Robb-Colorado River State Park (Fruita Section)

This park has very good reviews on campgroundreviews.com but we have never been there.

Fruita (Colorado ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews

as of today, there are approx 25 sites avail starting Sept 13.

Grand Junction is approx 5K feet elevation. ~240 miles from Denver

We are up for it; we wanted to go west for PEACHES anyway. So much to do and see in the area with Arches NP close by. Would be beautiful in Sept.

Comments?
Old 06-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #51

Hmmmm, now that sounds fun! Of course I am always up for peaches.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #52

Northern Colorado
Quote:
Hmmmm, now that sounds fun! Of course I am always up for peaches.
should we make it official or wait until we get more response on this website?
Old 06-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #53

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I would be all for Fruita, it is closer for me to get to.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbowers07 View Post
should we make it official or wait until we get more response on this website?
Wanna just make it "official"? But what area do you wanna camp in? Need to look at the reservations and see what is open as far as campsites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
I would be all for Fruita, it is closer for me to get to.

Thought of you when Fruita came up!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #55

Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are two James M. Robb-Colorado River State Parks!

Forget it, I realized I know where the other James M. Robb-Colorado River State Park is and I know I don't care to stay there......
Old 06-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #56

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Quote:

Forget it, I realized I know where the other James M. Robb-Colorado River State Park is and I know I don't care to stay there......
Ok, so if one of the James M. Robb-Colorado River State Parks is not so good, does that eliminate the other one also? Why?

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #57

Northern Colorado
Quote:

Are you referring to the Island Acres or Fruita Section? We have stayed at Island Acres...way too close to the interstate, not a good place to camp for more than 1 night.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbowers07 View Post
Are you referring to the Island Acres or Fruita Section? We have stayed at Island Acres...way too close to the interstate, not a good place to camp for more than 1 night.

Island Acres! At first I thought oh cool, next to a river. Then my brain kicked in and I realized where it is......... I don't even think I would stay there 1 night. I-70 is on top of you there..... Literally!

Fruita would be a better option.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #59

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
I'm in Grand Junction with Fruita only 10 miles away and have been to that area many times. Check the annual temps in Aug/Sept. too hot for me. At that time of year you still need to get some elevation for comfort.
Just got back yesterday from Ridgway that is at 7600 feet. Not for me in June again, way too hot and extremely windy. Would be great in September. (pretty expensive 22 per nite plus park pass fee of 8 per nite)
Love the Swell, Torrey, Moab areas.
Eastern Utah or Western Slope gets me attending.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #60

I wondered if it would be too hot! But figured I would just turn the air on when needed. But for those who don't have air, that probably should be a consideration that they bring fans.

Can anyone think of somewhere else to go?