CO The 4th Annual (?) Cherry Creek Round UP - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
The 4th Annual (?) Cherry Creek Round UP

As you all know, Keith and Shirley have moved on to a stickie. So your stuck with me! And though, last year there was a great turn out for Cherry Creek, this year is approaching fast and I am wondering if there is any interest in holding the Roundup?

Please let me know if your interested and or if you would like to see the round up moved to another campground. Personally I would, but if everyone wants to keep it at Cherry Creek, it's easy enough to plan. Just need to know if there is enough interest? There are several overlapping rallys the weekend Keith put together for the Round up, so if interest is low. We can consider moving to another weekend or skip it all together this year. Let me know what you all think.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #2

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
How about something on the western side of the rockies or in eastern Utah?
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #3

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I came from S. Utah last year, it was a long haul, but Cherry Creek was a very nice campground. I would come again this year if it were held at Cherry Creek, but if the location were changed to eastern Utah, or more western CO, I would still come, with bells on. (oh what a sight).

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #4

Well we will give it a week or so and see how many still want to keep Cherry Creek. I agree Wallo, Cherry Creek is a beautiful campground, I just personally don't think it's set up for Rally's. So spread out it's hard for people to get around.

Patti, Problem with moving a fall rally to the west side is fall is such a popular time to be in that area. But if you have suggestions, throw them out and we certainly can consider.

I personally would love to have a rally in Redstone! Cherry Creek was started so that people who were traveling through CO in the fall could visit without haveing to be at altitude. But as long as they didn't run up a 14'er I guess they could breath at elevation
Old 02-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #5

Colorado
Registry
Robin, Do you have an idea of how many campers we might have? There is a member of this forum that is hosting in an area around Moab and I will talk with her.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #6

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Casita patriot
Colorado
Hi Robin, I was at Cherry Creek last year. It was my first trip with my "Olivia" and it was wonderful. So great, in fact, that the dogs and I spent Thanksgiving out there.
I don't remember what days are set aside for a get together at Cherry Creek but we will be there if the dates allow or if you move the gathering we are certainly excited about seeing new places. I appreciate that you are willing to plan this and look forward to seeing everyone again.
ShirleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #7

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Redstone is one of my favorite places,is there camping there?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #8

Utah
Registry
Patti, Do you know when the gathering in Moab is? I love it there and would go. Has it be announced on FGRV site?

Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #9

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Casita patriot
Colorado
I love Redstone also and I might throw in a pitch for Creede.
ShirleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Redstone is one of my favorite places,is there camping there?

There is! Not a wonderful campground but certainly not bad. It sits up on the hillside just east (I think it's east of the firehouse) It does have super super nice bathrooms! I don't do public restrooms so that is saying something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyA View Post
I love Redstone also and I might throw in a pitch for Creede.

I am not a huge fan of Creede! I use to call it crude........ LOL, my Dh loved it there. It never excited me, but I have heard it's gotten nicer so I would be willing to consider. Do you know of a nice camground/rvpark there?

Throw out ideas, we can always just change were we hold the Roundup! Glenwood is beautiful that time of year, but lets be honest it's hard to find a campsite in that area.

Redfeathers is great too!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #11

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
Could tell us where (what state, near what city) this is taking place? I and perhaps a few others are wondering where you are talking about.
yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #12

Pete, we are talking about a rally held in the Denver area in Sept. Unfortuanately there is another CO rally that was booked for the same weekend and there had been talk last year that maybe we should move the rally to another campground. Because the campgrounds sites are sooooooooo far apart for a rally. There are not a lot of sites on each loop so rally attendees are spread all over the place. Just trying to figure out what to do.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #13

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
Thanks, only slightly confused
yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyyyyguy View Post
Thanks, only slightly confused

LOL, the reason I am not giving any dates is, if the Round Up is canceled or moved I don't want people making reservations that they have to cancel which would cost them fee's...........

That's why I am trying to find out if there is interest in moving the rally to another campground, cancel, move dates, etc........
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #15

Colorado
Registry
Wallo,
Not a gathering in Moab that I know of. I was saying I have a friend being a camp host at a campground in that area. Sorry I wasn't very clear.
Personally I will be in the Moab area as soon as it warms up a little and I get my UHaul door adjusted. Maybe our paths will cross.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #16

Trailer: Eco Featherlite 1970 (Circa)
Registry
Redstone has the BRB Resort, actually its Carbondale. Full amenities and nice folks. Great location right on the Crystal River. I checked they do not have a web-site. I googled it and it came right up. Only 35 minutes from Glenwood Hot Springs , and 2 very local hot springs within 5 minutes. And for you 'hoity toitys', Aspen is only 40 minutes away. I would book early! However, it would be a great late summer, post Labor Day location.
jeff isaacson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #17

Colorado
Registry
Jeff, I like that area. I was there last summer with five friends doing Ride the Rockies, I was the sag wagon. Where are you in Western Colorado? I'm in Grand Junction.
I will check BRB's/ Redstone website too.
Thanks,
Patti
Old 03-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #18

Trailer: Eco Featherlite 1970 (Circa)
Registry
Patti. BRB has 24 hook-ups. Idyllic setting right on the Crystal River. Campground fills up fast during peak season. We are just down the road in Silt. Remember........"Silt Happens!"
Jeff & Diana
jeff isaacson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #19

BRB use to be less than desirable campground...... Actually down right nasty! But if they have cleaned it up it might be a great option. Don't like that it only has 24 sites but I guess it could work. Would really like more site options..... Rifle Gap is a great campground but again limited sites..... And very hard to get into.

Does anyone have suggestions of a weekend in Sept to hold the roundup?
Old 03-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #20

Utah
Registry
Robin...How many people were at the gathering last year? More than 24? The TripAdvisor reviews all seemed pretty good. I would vote for the weekend starting on Sept. 20, but I am flexible.
Alice