Valentines at DeRose - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #21

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
We're interested in joining! We'll be on a trip from Oregon through California about then. Plus, Feb. 14 is our anniversary! Sounds like fun. Marilyn and John
We'll make it specially romantic for the two of you! I still have the card for the group that played and ate and drank with us--I was thinking of inviting them--they added a nice touch and didn't charge us anything! We'll see...
Nancy Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #22

Trailer: 2004 Casita Spirit Deluxe
We will also be arriving 10 am 2/14. We're looking for spot to stay 2/13 and perhaps 2/15 as well. We may try that Hollister Hills SVRA unless someone has another suggestion.
MK
Mike Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:07 AM   #23

Quote:
We will also be arriving 10 am 2/14. We're looking for spot to stay 2/13 and perhaps 2/15 as well. We may try that Hollister Hills SVRA unless someone has another suggestion.
MK
Others have stayed at the Fairgrounds. That has hookups and I think even showers. Let me see if I can find a link to it.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #24

Quote:
Others have stayed at the Fairgrounds. That has hookups and I think even showers. Let me see if I can find a link to it.
That was easy: http://www.sanbenitocountyfair.com/ They are even having a "special" 3rd night free. The SRVA is dominated by kids with souped up dirt bikes, etc. and their dads. It looks pretty, but I don't know about the noise factor.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:17 AM   #25

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Quote:
That was easy: http://www.sanbenitocountyfair.com/ They are even having a "special" 3rd night free. The SRVA is dominated by kids with souped up dirt bikes, etc. and their dads. It looks pretty, but I don't know about the noise factor.
yea Nancy, i had forgot about the fairgrounds (it's been 4 years) that's much better.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #26

Wink

So far we have 8:
Nancy & Ollie
Lou & Lora
Mike & Josephina
Anne & Ellis (maybe)
Bob & Peggy
Mike & Lori (maybe)
Marilyn & John
Joy

We could potentially have 10, if we all coordinate/cooperate on circling the wagons! We'll get there by 10, but I think Lou & Lora have done it before, so they could direct traffic, too.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #27

Just confirmed "Old World Style", the group that played for us last time. Just Brian & Marianne this time--no mandollin. They will play for food and wine! Very romantic. Here's what we looked like!
Attached Thumbnails
DeRose_Group.jpg  
Old 01-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #28

Tried to upload another photo, but no space, I guess.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #29

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Nancy (and all)

Jim and I won't be able to make this winery rally this year. Jim leaves for one of his convention photo trips the day after and there just isn't time. We will miss it - it was fun.

Here are a few photos from the last one.
Attached Thumbnails
902_0227_IMG.JPG   902_0202_IMG.JPG  

902_0206_IMG.JPG  
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #30

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Here are three more photos.

The last one, trailer with Odyssey Van, was taken at the Fairgrounds where we stayed. Notice we stayed in the parking area to camp.. there wasn't any other camping area available, that we knew of - we did see a couple of campers in an area that we didn't think we would like - maybe it would have been OK.

Have fun at the rally, Carol and Jim
Attached Thumbnails
902_0211_IMG.JPG   902_0219_IMG.JPG  

902_0229_IMG.JPG  
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #31

Quote:
So far we have 8:
Nancy & Ollie
Lou & Lora
Mike & Josephina
Anne & Ellis (maybe)
Bob & Peggy
Mike & Lori (maybe)
Marilyn & John
Joy

We could potentially have 10, if we all coordinate/cooperate on circling the wagons! We'll get there by 10, but I think Lou & Lora have done it before, so they could direct traffic, too.
Mike & Josephina with the golden voice were there also.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #32

Just talked to Chris at the fairgrounds. Camping is $15/night for water and electricity. There are 2 or 3 dump stations. No designated campsites. Just park anywhere, as near as I can tell. Bring copy of vehicle insurance and drivers license. First come first served.

As per the website, pay for 2 and 3rd is free. Bring copy of website. We have been looking at a restaurant on highway 1 at Moss Landing called Sea Harvest rest. and seafood market, that sounds very good. There is another one called Phil's that we have eaten at and everyone says Sea Harvest is better. Lots of parking. There is a boat ramp there and parking for tow vehicle and trailer.

We plan to stay at the fairgrounds Friday and Monday nights and eat lunch at Sea Harvest Monday.

Anyone else interested???
Old 01-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #33

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Sorry to say Lily and I won't be coming. I didn't realize that Valentine's Day was on Presidents Day weekend. My Nephew is coming up to spend time with me. We'll think about you while we are on the slopes.

Hope you folks have a great time and I'm sorry to miss seeing Nancy and Ollie, haven't seen them since the Pinnacles.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #34

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Mike & Lori (maybe)

We too are unable to make it. Lori has a commitment. What a bummer.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #35

Just fluffing this posting up--We're now at 6, with room for anyone with a romantic impulse! A neighbor with a Casita may join us, too. I'll recap the menu(s) in a posting, hopefully tomorrow. Anyone should feel welcome to bring CHOCOLATE!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #36

It looks like the weather is "unsettled" for the weekend. For those stalwarts who won't bail, we can always pay $250 to rent the Event Center, which I think has a fireplace. If we split the cost, it won't be too bad. I hope you all with stick with it!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #37

we won't "bail"
the wx guessers say "chance of rain", "mostly cloudy" "may be a shower saturday am".

we can take our chances and stand (in my case, lou, sit) in the shower with our rain gear on.

we also have a couple of tarps we could bring, if someone could figure out how to hold them up.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #38

so, it's looking kinda wet.
am concerned that i'm the only one posting on this site. do we go or not?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #39

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
We are still planning on being there, arriving Friday afternoon and staying until Sunday. We are OK with renting the Events Room and willing to contribute toward the $250. We have snow here at home!
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #40

Trailer: 2004 Casita Spirit Deluxe
We have really been looking forward to this event. As of right now, I can not get the trailer out because of snow. I'm going out with a snow shovel now. We still want to go, but am keeping an eye on the weather. I can most likely get out if I am careful. My concern is returning and not being able to get home Sunday or Monday.
My opinion is we don't really need the events center. I'm not worried about the weather once we get there. My concern is only driving in the snow. I'll keep you posted on our snow shoveling progress.
MK
Mike Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote