WASHINGTON COAST 30m GARAGE SALE CRAMPING!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
While these dates may conflict with something else, we're following our uninhibited addictions to JUNK COLLECTING and heading for Westport and Grayland for the big 30 MILE LONG GARAGE SALE WEEKEND which occurs on September 19-20th!

We are unabashed garage-salers... after all, that's how we found our "No Yoke" Casita (pix below) more than two years ago. Remember, we had an up-market Rialta, but when saw the Casita we said, "That's for us," and sold the Rialta! It's been a Casita honeymoon ever since - a fun way to get to know all of you PNW'ers, plus a few from places as fer away as Texas! (Yo! McWeeny!)

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selec...rayland%20Beach

We've snagged site #50 at GRAYLAND BEACH STATE PARK. There are many available sites left, but some are already booked. So if you're interested, visit the web site (above) and sign up to join us.

This is no big deal - nothing "official"... just letting y'all know where we'll be and if it's something you enjoy too, come join us!

Woo hoo... Christi just emailed me that she booked too... and likely Barb B will. Ahhh... garage sale addicts rock!

Junk rocks!
Sharen

PS For Facebook members, I am "SHAREN HEATH." Be my FB friend!
Attached Thumbnails
HPIM1204.JPG  
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
It's been a Casita honeymoon ever since - a fun way to get to know all of you PNW'ers, plus a few from places as fer away as Texas! (Yo! McWeeny!)
Yo Sharen!
You rock girl. Wish you were going to Bandon this year.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Yo Sharen!
You rock girl. Wish you were going to Bandon this year.
Thanks Brian, so nice of you to say so.
We wish we could be there - had such a fun time last summer - but the dates in 09 just don't work for us. We'll make it in 010! Hope you and Carolyn and Girl are there. Did I remember the name correctly?

Do keep us posted if'n you're traveling our way... Door is wide open for friends as fun & friendly as yourselves!

Cheers,
Sharen
Old 04-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #4

I'm putting this message up so that the topic - WASH COAST 30m GARAGE SALE CRAMPING - will drift on up to the top. You can read the previous posts to catch on to what we're proposing.

It's an UN-official get-together. I've reserved the Sept 19-20th weekend at Grayland, along the central WA coast. If'n anyone fancies coastal cramping AND garage-saling, as we do... Chuck n Deb, are ya listenin' up? - go to WA State Parks, snag a site and join us. This is combining my 3 favorite things: cramping, garage-saling, and FRIENDS!

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp...ayland%20Beach

Last I heard Christi and Barb B have also snagged sites.

Cheers,
Sharen

Old 05-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #5

Hey GLASS EGGERS... I see about 13 sites still available for the SEPT 17/18/19 weekend at GRAYLAND STATE PARK - a wonderful beachside state park along the central WA coast. Think of it... nice weather time of year, kids have gone back to school... and this is the weekend of the Grayland-to-Tokeland 30 mile annual garage sale.

I think Barb Buehler signed up (natch!)... can we persuade any of the rest of you? This is not a meet-up, per se, but if you hanker for a fun weekend of beach cramping, this is it!

Cheers,
Sharen
Old 06-26-2009, 10:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Hello, We have are reservations for site 45 and will be in on the 17th. Lisa and I + Cody too look forword to seeing you and the dogs again.

John & Lisa Gillham
John Gillham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I'm putting this message up so that the topic - WASH COAST 30m GARAGE SALE CRAMPING - will drift on up to the top. You can read the previous posts to catch on to what we're proposing.

It's an UN-official get-together. I've reserved the Sept 19-20th weekend at Grayland, along the central WA coast. If'n anyone fancies coastal cramping AND garage-saling, as we do... Chuck n Deb, are ya listenin' up? - go to WA State Parks, snag a site and join us. This is combining my 3 favorite things: cramping, garage-saling, and FRIENDS!

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp...ayland%20Beach

Last I heard Christi and Barb B have also snagged sites.

Cheers,
Sharen
Sharen,
I just noticed this message and saw our names.........yes, we are going to look at our work schedule and try to make it. Thanks for thinking of us.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Sharen,
I just noticed this message and saw our names.........yes, we are going to look at our work schedule and try to make it. Thanks for thinking of us.
Deb

Sharen,
The park is full so guess we won't be there.
Deb & Chuck
Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
Commercial Member

LOOKING FOR CANCELLATIONS:

Anyone that might have to cancel their reservation for this week-end, please contact us first by PM.
Thanks,
Deb & Chuck
Old 09-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #10

Trailer: 1974 Compact II
Send a message via AIM to Chuck H
Chuck and Vicki will be in site 2 Friday the 18th through Sun. the 20th. Looking for the weird, bizarre and fantastic deals on our 30 mile quest of junque!
Chuck H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Chuck and Vicki will be in site 2 Friday the 18th through Sun. the 20th. Looking for the weird, bizarre and fantastic deals on our 30 mile quest of junque!
GREAT Chuck, look for Simon & me in site 50. Barbara Beuler is nearby as well.
See ya there.
Weather's lookin' good.
Happy cramping!
~ Sharen
Old 09-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Quote:
LOOKING FOR CANCELLATIONS:

Anyone that might have to cancel their reservation for this week-end, please contact us first by PM.
Thanks,
Deb & Chuck
Sorry, We have made other plans since we couldn't get a camp site. I'll be participating in the Race for the Cure for my 4th year in Portland, Oregon instead.
Deb
Old 09-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #13

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium

I find myself not being able to go...My site is up for grabs. Here are the stats:

Grayland Beach State Park
Dates: Fri 18th-Sun 20th
Site: 42
Service:electric, water, sewer

Let me know...

Sharon

p.s. I already offered it to Deb and Chuck..they can't.
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Hi Sharon,
Norma and I would like to use your site.
I'll send you a PM with our phone so we can arrange to pay you.
Thanks!
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #15

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
The 5 campers and their respective occupants all had fun at this little known event.
I want to THANK our buddies, Sharen and Simon, for getting this going and for hosting a FANTASTIC pot-luck dinner. Boy, did we eat well on SHORT NOTICE!!! Vickie and Chuck brought tastier than tasty home grown tomatoes, Paul made his famous cast iron kettle (or was it annodized alluminum?!) bread, Norma brought fantastic pasta, John and Lisa brought something good...but my senior memory just failed me and my TWO plates were already full of other STUFF, so I must not have tasted their goodies...Damn!
And Sharen bought everything that the Lutheran ladies (or was it the Episcopals or the Presbyterians!!!) had to offer as far as baked goods at their G-Sale (pie, corn bread, ice cream).

Next year we should all go again. OTHERS should get it together and sign up, because this is a big Washington State Park weekend...it was completely full with G-salers and retirees.

Next year, for OUR second annual G-Sale event, we will have even more BEST IN SHOW categories. This year we had:
Literature
Sexy
Historical
Nonsense
Trailer Trash
Antique
and others I can't remember! (Another senior moment!!!)
See everyone at the upcoming NOG at Stub Stewart in October!
BB
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #16

Hello fellow crampers!
Just a word of two about our fun, fun small gathering along the Cranberry Coast of Central WA last weekend. Traveling south from Whidbey Island, WA, with our 97 Casita, Simon and I arrived in Grayland Beach State Park on Thursday, Sept 17, where we were soon joined by Barbara Buehler of Manzinita, OR, in her Compact II. It was the 13th Annual Westport to Tokeland 30-Mile Garage Sale. Oh boy!

We enjoyed sunshiny skies the entire weekend, but for one NIGHT of heavy rainfall... dry by 10am! Can't complain.

We garage-saled to our hearts content, finding treasures we simply couldn't live without... at one point we'd collectively spent $27 per mile, so we thought we better slow down before the endeavor set us back thousands!

Pretty soon we were joined by John & Lisa in their Casita, Paul & Norma in their Scamp, and Chuck & Vicki (can't recall what they have). We decided to have a little garage-saling competition, creating "Jeapardy-style" categories, such as: History, Literature, Arts, Music, International, Electronics...

Chuck and John took the International Award with a miniature Eiffel Tower and Leaning Tower of Pisa, respectively! John also earned special recognition for the "Useless Piec'a" category with his miniature bale of Texas cotton. I didn't do badly in the Literature category with the "Batboy Lives" book of National Enquirer news articles. Barbara earned "Fashion" with a nice lavendar cordoroy jacket for her mother. Simon snagged a few awards for electronics - don't ask me what they were.

We all enjoyed an impromptu potluck on Saturday night (see pix below).

Fun weekend... highly recommended for a return gig next year.

Cheers all,
Sharen
Attached Thumbnails
GraylandHall_small.JPG   grayland_barb_trunksmall.JPG  

grayland_categories_small.JPG   grayland_chuckandjohn_small.JPG  

grayland_cramper_small.JPG   grayland_paul_small.JPG