Washington Gathering - At Taidnapam Park - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #81

Trailer: Pop-up
Hello,
My husband and I are looking for our first fiberglass trailer and were wondering if any of you attending the Taidnapam gathering have yours for sale. We would love to come and take a look on Saturday if you do. We haven't seen all of the different styles, so we would love to see anything. We need something that will sleep 4 and have room for our 125 lb. puppy in the floor. We would like it to be somewhere in the 15'-19' range with heater, refrigerator, bathroom, and if we are lucky, air conditioning. We have up to $4000 to spend.

Even if nobody has anything for sale, we would love to come by and just check out what is out there!

Thank you for your help!

Katy & Charles

Katy G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #82
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Hello,
My husband and I are looking for our first fiberglass trailer and were wondering if any of you attending the Taidnapam gathering have yours for sale. We would love to come and take a look on Saturday if you do. We haven't seen all of the different styles, so we would love to see anything. We need something that will sleep 4 and have room for our 125 lb. puppy in the floor. We would like it to be somewhere in the 15'-19' range with heater, refrigerator, bathroom, and if we are lucky, air conditioning. We have up to $4000 to spend.

Even if nobody has anything for sale, we would love to come by and just check out what is out there!

Thank you for your help!

Katy & Charles
Unfortunately, unless you are looking for a "fixer-upper", your budget maybe too low for a molded fiberglass trailer that sleeps 4 and all the other options you are looking for. Even some of the 13 ft. that don't have the options that you are looking for in good condition are in the $5,000- $6,000+ range. Have you looked at this web site? http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/node , it will give you an idea of what these trailers sell for in the "sold" area.

You also might have to be prepared to drive quite a ways or hire a transporter. We personally have driven more than 2,400 miles to buy a used one and recently sold one that the buyer had shipped to Louisiana. These smaller molded fiberglass trailers are not cheap because they are small and the demand is always great year round as opposed to a stick-built trailer.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I thought I would save you some time.
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #83

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Quote:

Thank you for your help!

Katy & Charles

Please do...say hello, have a look around and get some ideas and hear some feedback and maybe some buying tips...
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #84

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool

If I recall correctly, on our drive west from the Taidnapam gathering last year, we saw two eggs on the north side of Hwy 12 in separate yards. They looked unused, however, they also appeared to be 13 footers.

On our recent trip to Mary Hill, we spotted an egg next to a barn on the east side of Hwy 97 at the first buildings south of Satus Pass...

Couldn't hurt to approach the dwelling, and ask. All they could do is say, "No."

Leaving later today. Will take Hwy 7. C YA!

We will bring the Sequence, but will need a table that seats 4. Ours only seats 2...

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #85

Quote:
Please do...say hello, have a look around and get some ideas and hear some feedback and maybe some buying tips...

Will do!

Old 06-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #86

Quote:
Unfortunately, unless you are looking for a "fixer-upper", your budget maybe too low for a molded fiberglass trailer that sleeps 4 and all the other options you are looking for. Even some of the 13 ft. that don't have the options that you are looking for in good condition are in the $5,000- $6,000+ range. Have you looked at this web site? http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/node , it will give you an idea of what these trailers sell for in the "sold" area.

You also might have to be prepared to drive quite a ways or hire a transporter. We personally have driven more than 2,400 miles to buy a used one and recently sold one that the buyer had shipped to Louisiana. These smaller molded fiberglass trailers are not cheap because they are small and the demand is always great year round as opposed to a stick-built trailer.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I thought I would save you some time.
We are okay with something older that needs interior work. I have seen a couple on craigslist in our price range, but they have been too far to drive for mid-week. My husband and I are both teachers, so as soon as summer break gets here we will be able to track one down! We are willing to wait for something "just right". We'll keep our eyes open and our fingers crossed!

Old 06-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #87

Quote:
If I recall correctly, on our drive west from the Taidnapam gathering last year, we saw two eggs on the north side of Hwy 12 in separate yards. They looked unused, however, they also appeared to be 13 footers.

On our recent trip to Mary Hill, we spotted an egg next to a barn on the east side of Hwy 97 at the first buildings south of Satus Pass...

Couldn't hurt to approach the dwelling, and ask. All they could do is say, "No."

Leaving later today. Will take Hwy 7. C YA!

We will bring the Sequence, but will need a table that seats 4. Ours only seats 2...
Thank you for your help! We will check into it!

Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #88

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
I'm leaving today after work & driving to Cottage Grove for the night. I'll go on to Reno tomorrow morning to conclude the deal on the 2009 Escape 17 we're buying.
Should be pulling in to Taidnapum on the way home Saturday evening (do I get the longest drive for the NOG ? ).
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #89
Commercial Member

Quote:
I'm leaving today after work & driving to Cottage Grove for the night. I'll go on to Reno tomorrow morning to conclude the deal on the 2009 Escape 17 we're buying.
Should be pulling in to Taidnapum on the way home Saturday evening (do I get the longest drive for the NOG ? ).

Paul,
We are almost as excited for you and Norma as you are... we will be waiting to see your Escape when you arrive at Taidnapam on Saturday.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #90

Kathy G. and Roger CH

There is a 13' Boler east bound Highway 12 from I5 on the north side of the road in Silver Creek, which is just west of Mossy Rock. Spotted there 2 weeks ago by yours truly. I have no idea if the owner uses it or not...
Old 06-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #91

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Thinking about all of you at Taidnapam. Wish we were there with you. Looking forward to hearing updates and hoping you all have a lot of fun!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #92
Commercial Member

We had a wonderful time visiting with old friends and making many new friends. Saturday was absolutely beautiful for our potluck and I think everyone who attended enjoyed themselves.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #93

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
It was great to pull into a campground full of friendly fiberglassers at the end of my long drive from CA.
Thanks to everyone for helping me get set up and feeding me!
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #94

Thank you to everyone that made the weekend enjoyable despite the rain..
Old 06-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #95

Registry
Unhappy

I forgot who you are, but the pictures you took of bear sign, seem to be accurate:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/wlm/living/video/...ar_tips-bb.wvx

Old 06-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #96

Quote:
I forgot who you are,
1 too many marsh-merlots Roger?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #97

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Thanks to everyone who attended. We had a great time and plan to attend more rallies.

Norm and Laurie
Norman Milliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #98

Registry
Talking

Quote:
1 too many marsh-merlots Roger?

Your memory is TOO good! (hic)

Old 07-29-2010, 06:47 AM   #99

Trailer: 1978 13 ft Scamp
Ok, any thoughts on the 2011 dates, this is the Annual Washington Gathering correct... want to be sure to keep looking so i can plan to attend!
Valerie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #100

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Valerie, I didn't attend this past event, but did the year before. It's not my call, but the event was held both in 2009 and 2010 on the same dates in June... or whatever that weekend was. I know the NOGs and the Oregon Gathering are always held on the same weekends every year, that way folks can plan up to a year ahead. Maybe Greg will see these replies and chime in....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote