'Wine' Glass Class Meet Sept 19/20 2003 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2003, 09:55 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
'Wine' Glass Class Meet Sept 19/20 2003

Some of the crowd from the Ontario Bolerama is gathering together at Shalamar Lake Trailer Park Queenston Ontario during the weekend of Sept 19/20 2003. This is the weekend of Niagara's 52nd annual Wine Festival. The campground is right off the Parkway and on the Wine Route. Bring your bikes! The campsites are serviced and Shalamar has set a double row set aside for us to camp in. The meet is open to the typical small molded RVfiberglass trailers that we all love. All makes and years in that category are invited.This the first time for this event so lets see how great we can make it.
All reservations must be made thru Shalamar Lake at 1 888 968 6067 or on the web for information at http://www.shalamarlake.com
Space is limited so better reserve as soon as possible.
Please drop me an email if you are planning to go
dtaylor30@cogeco.ca
Regards Fred Taylor

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 10:35 AM   #2

so close and yet so far

oh I want to go there. But that is the Street Rod Nationals North in Kalamazoo. Norm will be heart-broken if his '32 isn't finished by then. Hope you get a good turn-out. Queenston and Niagara-on-the-Lake are gorgeous and quaint and filled with history.
Jean

Old 07-22-2003, 09:43 PM   #3

maybe...

I had wrong dates for nats north. Now if I can switch and have 2 w/k in a row off.
Jean

Old 07-29-2003, 08:02 AM   #4

Jean just go.....................

Jean, don't worry about 2 weekends in a row off, just go! Think of that nice September weather, warm during the day and cool nights, sipping away on a nice white or red wine, possibly listening to some jazz or blues. What could be better, just go and I'll see you there.

Jody
1981 Trillium 5500

Old 07-29-2003, 04:14 PM   #5

Wine "Glass" outing

:banana If a couple of newbies from the States wanted to join the group, would that be a problem? We recently got our Casita and I've been looking for any excuse to use it. My wife would like to know if any activities are planned. And does anyone know if there are any problems crossing the border? I've never done that with a travel trailer. What's the worst I could expect? - Lou C.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Orginally posted by Lou C.

:banana If a couple of newbies from the States wanted to join the group, would that be a problem? We recently got our Casita and I've been looking for any excuse to use it. My wife would like to know if any activities are planned. And does anyone know if there are any problems crossing the border? I've never done that with a travel trailer. What's the worst I could expect? - Lou C.
Hi
I would think they will welcome you with open arms.Crossing boarder is same with or with out RV.Have all documentation and you should be ok.

No Weapons:wave

Old 07-30-2003, 06:16 AM   #7

Welcome, Lou!

:wave Hi, Lou! Glad you found us.

Excuses? So, how many do you want? We have a really great group around here. Pretty smart, too.

:chin Okay, let's see. Okay I got it: You need to go on this one as a recon. You need to find out for us just how far it is from where you are to where you are going. :yep And, of course, give us a picture report. And, of course, we need to know how it was crossing the boarder with your trailer. And, of course, you need to make sure ...

You see. We love to help fellow fiberglassers. Whether it's with a problem or excuse. :)

Old 07-30-2003, 07:05 AM   #8

Wine "Glass" Time

:wave Hi Lou,
We would love to have you join us at Shalamar. You must make your reservation prior to and tell them you are part of Fred Taylor group, so they know and put you in our section. In fact I just phoned and booked yesterday and she said she has had several bookings, so it should be fun. Now I know Fred mentioned a tour of some of the local wineries and also said that there is some awesome trails for hiking around there. Of course this is close to Naigara on the Lake, which is a big tourist area with lots of shopping and sightseeing tours around. You may have some time to do those things after we all get to check out your Casita. You see there's not to many of those trailers up here in this area and we just love to examine everybody's glass beauty's. As for going across the border, I have gone across with my rv many, many times and have never had a problem. So I'll be :E looking for you and I hope you will join us.

Wine glass already for taste testing;
Jody

Old 07-30-2003, 09:17 AM   #9

Oh!! Jody, now I want to go. You said shopping.

as far as crossing the border, don't take anything naughty. they used a dog to sniff my trailer. :) I must have looked suspicious. But they didn't find anything, cause there was nothing.

Old 08-04-2003, 09:20 AM   #10

We've made our reservationsfor Fri and Sat. See you all there.
Jean

Old 08-18-2003, 04:57 PM   #11

Wine Glass Meet

:jump-r I'm getting antsy. Sept. is right around the corner. Anyone have an idea how many we'll be? Sure hope to meet lots of FG owners! (Sort of a sneaky way to get this back to the top!);)