13' Boler for Sale ( San Francisco Area) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #1

Trailer: Astro 1972
Send a message via AIM to Debra Nebreda Send a message via Yahoo to Debra Nebreda
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/rvs/1469178497.html
Old 11-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 1977 Boler (Orange Sunrise 'Clementine')
Registry
Wow, that's cute too. Now I'm torn.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I always liked the 2 tone 'sunrise' boler's and the inside paint job and flooring looks pretty neat on this one. Too bad they are < 6' inside, as it is I can just stand in the center of the Trillium at 6'2".

Here is the original sales brochure for that model:
http://csc.laurentian.ca/~ken/bolerrv/broc...ochure_1976.pdf

EDIT: Amy, now that I see you are from Seattle I should mention the ferry costs to get to Vancouver island - it will be additonal $60 over and between $100 - $140 to go back depending on your tow vehicle size.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:

Now how do they get the front bunk/back to curve around the front wall like that? I love how they make the 13-er's interior look absolutely mammoth

Click image for larger version

Name:	bendy_couch_back.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	25049

EDIT: Amy, now that I see you are from Seattle I should mention the ferry costs to get to Vancouver island - it will be additonal $60 over and between $100 - $140 to go back depending on your tow vehicle size.

Just an aside: I think the older Bolers might get under the 7' "overheight" rule, so be cheaper to take on the ferry. You'd have to go trailer by trailer though, as some folks have put on new, higher axles, or etc. though.

And not that you'd choose a trailer for that, but if you were going to take the ferry a lot, it might be a nice feature.

Raya
Old 11-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #5

Registry
In the past, I have taken the Washington State Ferry rather than the BC Ferry to V.I. but I don't know the cost difference. I am also not sure if the Washington Ferry is running during the winter.

Thanks for the brochure. And thanks for the info about the Trillium. I tried to PM you with a full reply, but I got a message that your inbox is full.

Quote:
I always liked the 2 tone 'sunrise' boler's and the inside paint job and flooring looks pretty neat on this one. Too bad they are < 6' inside, as it is I can just stand in the center of the Trillium at 6'2".

Old 11-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #6

Oopsie, meant to add to previous post.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Holy, my inbox was full and only since April too - hadn't realized I PM'd so much. Thanks for the heads up Amy.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #8

Registry
I am 99% sure this was posted for sale a month ago at $6,000 firm and the ad was taken down very quickly because it was sold. I wonder what could have happened.

If it is in the same location, I can drive there in a day but that would involve a lot of scrambling to get a hitch on my car, get money together, etc. What are the warning signs that something is legit or not?
Old 11-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #9

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
Quote:
I am 99% sure this was posted for sale a month ago at $6,000 firm and the ad was taken down very quickly because it was sold. I wonder what could have happened.

If it is in the same location, I can drive there in a day but that would involve a lot of scrambling to get a hitch on my car, get money together, etc. What are the warning signs that something is legit or not?
I can vouch for this trailer.
I sold it several months ago after doing most of the refurbishing my self.
he water system is completely new from the tank to the faucet with an electric pump.
It also has completely new brakes and wiring.
I sold it because I broke my wrist and couldn't do the fine finish work.
I did replace every rivet and cap on the entire trailer.
It is a sound trailer.
John
Old 11-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #10

Registry
I am extremely glad to hear this, as my dear spouse is heading off right now (4:55am) to go see it and probably buy it! It's such a big decision (and a long drive) for us that I was feeling really nervous, so thanks so much for speaking up to vouch for it. It sure does look great.

Quote:
I can vouch for this trailer.
I sold it several months ago after doing most of the refurbishing my self.
he water system is completely new from the tank to the faucet with an electric pump.
It also has completely new brakes and wiring.
I sold it because I broke my wrist and couldn't do the fine finish work.
I did replace every rivet and cap on the entire trailer.
It is a sound trailer.
John
Old 11-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #11

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Quote:
I am extremely glad to hear this, as my dear spouse is heading off right now (4:55am) to go see it and probably buy it! It's such a big decision (and a long drive) for us that I was feeling really nervous, so thanks so much for speaking up to vouch for it. It sure does look great.
How exciting!
Good luck!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #12

Trailer: Astro 1972
Send a message via AIM to Debra Nebreda Send a message via Yahoo to Debra Nebreda
Quote:
How exciting!
Good luck!
Amy,

Wow, how neat and exiting for you both.. make sure and update us.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:49 PM   #13

Registry
We bought it! The price was so good for a trailer that had lots of updates, that we were not really worried if there are little issues to be addressed, but we just hope that Jim's inspection would have revealed any huge structural or water damage issues. He looked in the cabinets, underneath at the frame, all around the outside looking for cracks, and it all *looked* fine. As long as there isn't a hidden huge issue, I think it's a great buy.

Now he has to drive to another town tomorrow, hope the hitch is delivered early enough in the day to get it installed, drive back and get the trailer and get a basic lesson on how to drive with it. If it's early enough, he'll drive a little bit tomorrow evening. If it's too late, he'll leave the next day and the drive will probably take more than one day on the way back.

I am now really relieved about the trailer purchase but really nervous about him driving it back all that way. Neither of us has ever towed anything.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:55 AM   #14

Congratulations!

I can't wait to see more of it (I'm sure you can't either! )

Luckily a Boler 13 is pretty darned easy to tow. Keep lots of space in front of you, and go a bit "past" a tight corner before you turn (vs. swinging wide to the side; my pet peeve!).

I've always wanted an orange one! So cool!

Raya
Old 11-19-2009, 04:21 AM   #15

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry

Bill & Jacquie
Old 11-19-2009, 05:54 AM   #16

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Congratulations! Looks like a nice one... early Christmas present!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #17

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Yahooo!
Nice sunny Boler...Enjoy!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #18

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
So VERY cute!!!!! Way to go!!

Old 11-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #19

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Congratulations! I was drooling over this one, too! Hope the hubby has a safe trip home. Just tell him to drive FAST through Portland, there are eggnappers afoot. Like...me, for example.

Tags
boler