FL 16' SCAMP <> Fiberglass, Camper, Travel Trailer $4800 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
16' SCAMP <> Fiberglass, Camper, Travel Trailer $4800

SCAMP is similar to the Boler, Burro, Trillium, Casita & Egg type FIBERGLASS Moulded Travel Trailers.
They are compact, lightweight & fuel efficient. They are easily towable, even by a 4 or 6 cylinder car.

1 & 7/8" ball hitch, Hitch Weight 165 lbs., Empty Trailer Weight approx. 1750 lbs. Front crank hitch lift.
Great Tires & Spare (with cover). Recently repacked Wheel Bearings, Safety Tow Chains.
7-way, round, trailer connector (for turn signals, brake lights etc.).
This rare & unusual layout #3, has an extra, fold-down table, (next to the Fridg.) beside the front bench/couch.
Thus allowing one to leave the bed set-up, without folding that table up & down, to sleep or eat.
The interior has been painted with light beige, flat finish, 3M New Sensations, Scotchgard Protector Paint, which is Mildew Resistant and stains wash right off.

INCLUDES:
4 Stabilizer Jacks & Wheel Chocks.
1 twenty Gal (1/2 full) Propane Tank. Propane Heater, 3 burner propane stove
3-way (Electric & propane) Dometic 221 Mini Fridg. (makes Ice).
New 8,000 BTU Air Conditioner (with remote), 110 & 12 volt lights.
New water tank & hand pump, kitchen sink has both hose pressure or hand pump faucet.
Newly covered Naugahide cushions, curtains.
There's lots of Counter Space, with Top & Bottom Cabinets on each side & a Closet.
4 moulded Storage Wells in each corner (under the rear bed & front couch).
Crank-open Roof Vent, serves as an escape hatch (heaven forbid), in an emergency.
6 sliding windows, plus the solid front window.
Egg Crate Foam Mattress Pad (to cover the double bed cushions).

NO TOILET, NO BATH, NO SHOWER !
Saves: disposal dump fees, no hook-up hassles, no need to haul excess brown, black & fresh water. Saves weight.
(NOTE: water weighs 8.3 lbs. per gal.). No low hanging valves or plumbing to bump, snag or break off.
Most State, National & Private Campgrounds have showers & toilet facilities.

Many Campgrounds (which were full to Trailers), have allowed me to use (less expensive), Primitive Tent Sites, due to the small footprint of this Camper.

This charming SCAMP is ready to go Camping NOW.

$4800

(850) 576 -2556

Tallahassee, FLORIDA
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP left side.jpg   SCAMP Rt. Side.jpg  

SCAMP inside front.jpg   SCAMP inside rear.jpg  

Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #2

Name: Travis
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Missouri
What is the year of the trailer? Also, do you have any more pics you could share?

Thanks,
Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #3

16' scamp

Please call (850) 576-2556, for additional details...
Tallahassee, FLORIDA

THANKS

BCE
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP2117.JPG   SCAMP sink.jpg  

SCAMP Frame.jpg   SCAMP bed.jpg  

Colorado.jpg   SCAMP front.jpg  

SCAMPcovered 2.jpg  
Old 08-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Note to Newbies and Prospective Buyers.....

[QUOTE=B.C.Ellers;408528]SCAMP is similar to the Boler, Burro, Trillium, Casita & Egg type FIBERGLASS Moulded Travel Trailers.
They are compact, lightweight & fuel efficient. They are easily towable, even by a 4 or 6 cylinder car.

1 & 7/8" ball hitch, Hitch Weight 165 lbs., Empty Trailer Weight approx. 1750 lbs. Front crank hitch lift.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

While this looks like a nice SCAMP at a reasonable price, I think that the seller is overstating it's towabililty.

Even at 1750 lbs empty, is a bit heavy for most 4 cylinder vehicles other than pick-ups.

16' Scamps, according to our table of real world weights,

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f51/trailer-weights-in-the-real-world-43010.html

at closer to 2500 lbs ready to go, are way over what most 4 cylinder, and some 6 cylinder cars/vans/sus/crossovers/ etc can pull.

Be sure to check your vehicles Owners Manual for exact towing specifications for your particular vehicle and remember, those are not just suggestions.

And be sure to ignore what others may do, it's your vehicle, your money and your life.

Bob Miller aka: P.I.T.A. Bob (Provider of Inconvenient Trailering Advice)

Old 08-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #5

[QUOTE=B.C.Ellers;408528]

SCAMP is similar to the Boler, Burro, Trillium, Casita & Egg type FIBERGLASS Moulded Travel Trailers.
They are compact, aerodynamic, lightweight & fuel efficient.
They are easily towed, even by some 4 cyl. & most 6 cylinder vehicles.
Check your vehicle's application!

Great Tires (ST175 X 80R x 13") & Spare (with cover).
Recently repacked Wheel Bearings, Safety Tow Chains.
7-way, round, trailer connector (for turn signals, brake lights etc.).
This rare & unusual layout #3, has an extra, fold-down table, (next to the Fridg.) beside the front bench/couch.Thus allowing one to leave the bed set-up, without folding that table up & down, to sleep or eat.
The interior has been painted with light beige, flat finish, 3M New Sensations, Scotchgard Protector Paint, which is Mildew Resistant and stains wash right off.

INCLUDES:
4 Stabilizer Jacks & Wheel Chocks.
1 twenty Gal (1/2 full) Propane Tank. Propane Heater, 3 burner propane stove
3-way (Electric & propane) Dometic 221 Mini Fridg. (makes Ice).
New Air Conditioner, 110 & 12 volt lights.
Deep cycle - 12 volt battery.
New water tank & hand pump, kitchen sink has both hose pressure or hand-pump faucet.
Newly covered Naugahide cushions, curtains.
There's lots of Counter Space, with Top & Bottom Cabinets on each side & a Closet.
4 moulded Storage Wells in each corner (under the rear bed & front couch).
Crank-open Roof Vent, serves as an escape hatch (heaven forbid), in an emergency.
6 sliding windows, plus the solid front window.
Egg Crate Foam Mattress Pad (to cover the double bed cushions).

NO TOILET, NO BATH, NO SHOWER !
Saves: disposal dump fees, no hook-up hassles, no need to haul excess brown, black & fresh water. Saves weight.
(NOTE: water weighs 8.3 lbs. per gal.). No low hanging valves or plumbing to bump, snag or break off.
Most State, National & Private Campgrounds have showers & toilet facilities.

Many Campgrounds (which were full to Trailers), have allowed me to use (less expensive), Primitive Tent Sites, due to the small footprint of this Camper.

This charming SCAMP is ready to Camp NOW.

$4800

(850) 576 -2556

Tallahassee, FLORIDA
[(amended, due to a most excellent comment about vehicle tow weights, by Bob Miller) /QUOTE]

THANKS Bob

BCE
Old 08-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Yep, you woul dn't want a buyer to back out 1/2 through a sale.....

Old 08-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #7

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
It within the tow capacity (3,500) of our V6 Ford Escape to give some idea of what sort of TV might work. But as pointed out by prev. posters owners manual is the best guide.

I wish you were not 1200 miles away and I did not have a 13 ft sitting in the driveway. That looks like a nice floor plan and like it's in good shape. DW would not be amused.

My parents towed a 19 ft all over the country with a 4 cyl pickup but it was designed for towing, really low first gear to get moving, extra cooling for engine and trans, larger brakes. I will say my dads nick name in their Colorado RV group was "slow poke". But he got there soon enough he always said.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
AJB

Name: Adam
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
BC. I spoke with you yesterday morning. I'm in Orlando. I'd like to come look next week if 1 it's still available and 2 you are around. What day is best for you? Thx.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #9

Name: Susy
Trailer: Currently shopping
Alabama
Do you still have your scamp?
Old 08-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #10

16' SCAMP Tallahassee FLORIDA

Yes, the SCAMP is still available.
I am negotiable on sale price.
Please call to make an appointment.
Attached please see additional photos...

Thanks

BC
Attached Thumbnails
Int.Paint.jpg   SCAMP fridg.jpg  

tongue.jpg   SCAMP Layout3.jpg  

Old 08-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #11

This SCAMP is SOLD !

THANKS

BCE

Tags
scamp