BC 1971 TrailsWest Campster - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #1

Name: Andy
Trailer: Trails west campster
British Columbia
1971 TrailsWest Campster

Hi
I have a trails west campster in decent shape. It is too small now for my family to make use of, so I have to put it up for sale. The top is still original and has been re-sewn so it functions properly. Original Stove and sink both work and it still has the ice box. I believe most of it is still original (not sure what they looked like from the factory though) but the cabinets look like they have been re-faced and the table has been replaced to match the cabinets. Springs also replaced 2 years ago and the cushions are about 5 years old. This is a completely useable little trailer, but would love to see someone buy it and fix her up completely.
Located in Nanaimo, British Columbia. $3500.00 for the trailer. Would also be willing to deliver within reason for delivery costs only.
Email me if interested!
proprint@shaw.ca
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0041.jpg   IMAG0042.jpg  

IMAG0043.jpg   IMAG0044.jpg  

Old 08-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #2

Name: Stephen
Trailer: Bigfoot 17" Deluxe
Missouri
Love the poptop!
Old 08-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #3

British Columbia
So, I've decided that I don't want to sit on this for too long, and would really like the space back in my driveway..... reduced to $2500.00 if sold soon!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:35 AM   #4

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
This layout is very similar (if not the very same) as my 1972 Compact Jr. and I would especially recommend it for couples that don't want to climb over each other to get out of bed. Also, taller people have appreciated the bed which goes lengthwise rather than crosswise across the width of the trailer. The bed can be made into 2 bench bunks with a table in-between, which is how I leave my trailer now---me on one side & the dog on the other. The rear door is unusual to find for small fiberglass trailers as well. The way it's described, this appears to be a good price. Is that US or Canadian Dollars? If Canadian, then today's US price would be $2,551.74.

Nanaimo is on Vancouver Island on the Pacific Coast of Canada. It's on the eastern (inner passage side) of the island. A very nice place to visit if you were to consider picking up the trailer yourself. Ferries to the island can be obtained from Washington State's Olympic Peninsula, or Vancouver Canada or even passenger-only ferries (or flights) from Seattle. We stayed in a private RV campground in Nainamo last year, the Living Forest, which was quite nice, on a riverside and on the sound (sea water), and where we were the campground ran an ice cream shop about 5 sites down!
Attached Thumbnails
Vanc Is 8-10 Cory and Joey say Beware of Dog2 203.jpg  
Old 08-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #5

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
CORY HILBY,now, look at YOU...

...now specializing in a new field: SALES and MARKETING, MD

The two of us should take a little trip up there to check her out...we could go halves and rent IT out!
(LOL)
your Compact Buddy,
BB
Old 08-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #6

British Columbia
thanks Cory... I should have gotten you to do the classified ad! The ad price is in Canadian, but I accept US dollars at par (cool to just say that after our dollar was so low for years). I do love the little trailer, and part of me doesnt want to even sell it, but I need a small camper on the back of my Ford Ranger more than I can use this...and I hate seeing something 40 years old just sit...thats when things start to fall apart! Biggest problem for me with the trailer is living on an Island, every time I have to go anywhere I have to pay extra with a trailer for the ferry, so I end up just hoteling short trips.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:14 AM   #7

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
I hear you, Ape. Those ferries charge by the FOOT!
Barb, you & I & Karen L., Nainamo, 3 weeks from now....!
I remembered the Trails West Campster that I recently saw was at the Washington Gathering, not the Oregon Gathering. It was a recent purchase by Dave & Lori in site 203, which was pretty near me. I think it was from the 70s as well, and apparently in a little worse condition than Ape's when they purchased it. They are actively working on fixing it up, and even dared take it out BEFORE the big fixing. They'd be great to e-mail for anyone looking at this ad & curious about that.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #8

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I should say, though, that I pull my Campster with a Subaru Forester and it costs only 50% more on the Washington ferries than my car alone, due to being under 71/2 feet high and under 30 feet long. So if you live on a Washington Island, this is a GREAT trailer to have. More of a one person rig than two, though, in my opinion, as there is not a lot of open floor space. BC ferries are way more expensive.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #9

British Columbia
still for sale

I reduced the price to $2500 hoping to sell quickly....but I suppose it really isn't the right time of year for selling. Have had a few emails but nobody by to take a look. Posting again locally today and will give this another week, then back in the garage she goes until spring! Maybe I will end up keeping her!
Andy
Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #10

Name: Hunny
Trailer: IN THE MARKET
Idaho
Should've had it for sale last week. I was looking. Still am but no money now. Good luck!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #11

Name: Dee
Trailer: "Trilliam Morris" 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Registry
I just sent your ad to a friend who is looking for a trailer. She is on an island very close to Nanaimo, so hopefully it will work out.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #12

Name: penny
Trailer: travel trailer - in the market
British Columbia
HI there

do you have more pictures of the inside please?
I have left you messages but you don't reply.
Please send me an email - wedd@shaw.ca.
I would be interested to talk to you.
Or give me your phone number and I will call you.

thanks
Penny
Old 09-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #13

British Columbia
price reduced one last time! $2000.00

so, after having this for sale for 2 months, I have yet to have anyone even come and look at it! (well, not true.... I did have 1 person from a local ad)
Would love to have it sell by the end of the weekend, so price is reduced to $2000 but want it sold by Sunday!!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #14

Name: penny
Trailer: travel trailer - in the market
British Columbia
sent you an email.
please email me with more pictures and info.
wedd@shaw.ca
Old 09-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #15

British Columbia
sold to a local buyer. Super nice lady who looks like she will enjoy it!
Thanks to everyone who emailed etc with questions. Im sure it would have sold thru here if I wasnt stuck on an island!

Tags
campster