1973 13' Boler For Sale - $3400 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Boler 13 ft
Registry
My 13 foot long 1973 Boler had been stored in a Colorado airport hanger for 22 years when I got it last December. I got it from a gentleman who worked at a local Colorado airport. He had purchased it from the airport when they sold some of their equipment to employees when "cleaning house". When he got it he put new tires on it, made some minor mods and had it professionally painted. He then kept it for a few months, used it a couple of times and then ran short of Christmas cash. That's when I bought it. It's pretty much original except for the sprucing up I spent considerable time doing.

I had every intention of keeping this trailer because it is in such great shape. The frame has virtually no rust on it and of what rust there is of the most superficial, surface variety. I believe that the hub caps are also original. There are two original stablizing jacks included.

List of the mods I made:

1.) Converted closet into a pantry and/or linen, storage cabinet.
2.) Removed the ice box (Still have it but it is in marginal shape) and use the space to store a Porta Potti.
3.) Removed the original catalytic heater (Still have it) and put a nice shelf into the space to hold pots and pans.
4.) I replaced the lower kitchen cabinet doors with custom-made doors using the original hinges.
5.) I removed the original propane bottle holding tray and had a larger custom-made tray welded to the frame that would hold two deep-cycle batteries
6.) Installed a 12-volt receptacle near the dining table so I could plug in my laptop computer inverter and run other 12 volt devices.
7.) Installed a nice turnbuckle and steel cable tensioning system for the Boler door to help compensate for the characteristic warping of the door over time. The door works well.
8.) Removed the old propane bottle tray and replaced it with a more robust one that holds two large deep cycle batteries connected in parallel for double the power storage. I used a 40 watt solar panel and charge controller to keep the batteries charged. (Solar panel not included.) The batteries are only a few months old.

The Boler has an excellent storage box extension welded to the frame in back of the trailer. (I think this may have been a factory option?) It's very well crafted and perfect for storing my little Honda generator, spare gas, folding chairs, camping tools and such.

It's not without issues however, the cushions are original (the burnt orange color), and two have seams that are coming undone. As well, one of the tiny ones has a sprung zipper. There are other minor issues as can be expected for a trailer of this vintage. All of them are readily repairable if you want it to be absolutely pristine. However, if you want a camper that compares very favorably to a Scamp, Trillium, Burro or Casita you'll really appreciate this one. It's an original made in Canada by the original designer and builder.

I am selling this trailer because I bought a 17 foot Casita. I'd like to keep both and use the Boler for quick overnight trips but the toy box is full and the yard is starting to look a little bit like a parking lot. ;>)

Because this Boler has seen such little actual road use I'm asking $3400. Serious inquiries only please. These are very hard to find in this condition. PM me if you're interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Mountain_Scene_900VT.jpg   Trunk_Box_800VT.jpg  

Interior_B_800W.jpg   Interior_800W.jpg  

Old 06-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Whats the list say?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior_800W.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	21335
Old 07-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'm interested in your Boler! Is it still available? Thanks.
b.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #4

Registry
[quote]Whats the list say?

Attachment 21335

HA!

It's our "Pre-Flight" checklist!

FYI:
Attached Thumbnails
Preflight_Checklist.jpg  
Old 07-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #5

Registry
Quote:
I'm interested in your Boler! Is it still available? Thanks.
b.

So sorry... It sold last night to a couple who have been looking for a vintage Boler for some time. They're a great couple. You know, it was a love at first sight kind of thing. We're really going to miss that first egg but are looking forward to travelling in the Casita.

Good luck finding another...

Tags
boler