1973 Compact Jr in Central California - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #1

Trailer: Compact Jr
Mostly original. Refrigerator replaced with 110 AC unit, works. Original sink and 3 burner stove top. Body is sound as well as floor, could use a new canvas boot for the pop up top. Lights have been replaced so not original. Electrical all works. Can hook up to presured water or use existing tank with pump type faucet. If interested I will send some pictures and we can go from there. No price set yet. Thanks.

email gottaread[at]sbcglobal.net

Old 05-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Compact Jr
SOLD

randy

Quote:
Mostly original. Refrigerator replaced with 110 AC unit, works. Original sink and 3 burner stove top. Body is sound as well as floor, could use a new canvas boot for the pop up top. Lights have been replaced so not original. Electrical all works. Can hook up to presured water or use existing tank with pump type faucet. If interested I will send some pictures and we can go from there. No price set yet. Thanks.

email gottaread[at]sbcglobal.net
Old 05-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #3

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
And I'm the one who bought it.

I had a real nice time with Randy as we looked over the trailer -- he's a great guy!

I want to thank everyone here for teaching me about lightweight fiberglass trailers in general, and the Hunter series in particular. This wouldn't have all happened so well without all the shared knowledge, some in archives, some in response to others questions, and some in response to my own.

Bobbie Mayer has always been supportive and was was a huge help yesterday as I was scurrying around trying to get new tires -- a real challenge after 6pm!

And of course, the one who made this purchase possible was one of our newest members, Randy A!

I'll definitely post pictures and tell the story, but right now I have to get the side marker lights working and lengthen one of the safety chains so I can take it to the DMV for re-registration.

Thanks all!!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #4

To show you what a scattered state I was in, I completely neglected to get a picture of Randy with his trailer.

Also, the first picture I did take was with my wife's cell phone, and I didn't realise I had my finger over most of the lens! For what it's worth, here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1st_pic_lowres.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	20372

Yeah, that's a 1993 Camry as the tug. It has 228K miles -- just getting broken in, dontcha think?

I'll start a new topic tomorrow with more details, but for now I gotta run. Getting home at 2:30am this morning has kinda put me off-schedule....
Old 05-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #5

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I'm glad to hear you made it home safely! And glad to hear that is your finger.. I thought you were driving into a tornado or sandstorm. The trailer is cute.. I'm looking forward to pictures, which I hope to be viewing from somewhere in Oregon.

Bobbie
Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #6

Quote:
I'm glad to hear you made it home safely! And glad to hear that is your finger.. I thought you were driving into a tornado or sandstorm....
Oooh -- that does look like an ominous storm, doesn't it!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
And I'm the one who bought it.
Congratulations!