1976 13' Scamp SOLD - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 84 Scamp 13 ft
We are about to list our second Scamp project on eBay, and thought some FGRV members may be interested in a heads-up before it goes up for auction.

We have set up the following slideshow for the pictures we took today. You may have to copy/paste the link into your browser. Once at SNAPFISH, you click VIEW NOW, then ask to PLAY SLIDESHOW.

http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=607151153...c=SYE/otsi=SALB

We would like $3,600 for this unit. It will be listed with a reserve of $2,800, and a BUY IT NOW of $3,800 on eBay. Please call Jeff or I at 607-432-1872 with questions.

Here is the ad itself:

"Offering a 1976 13’ Scamp Travel Trailer for bid. This has a clear NYS title from the previous owner, which is transferable to a new owner. The trailer has been my second Scamp refurbish (the first project was an ’84 13’ that I refurbed for my own use). These units only weigh about 1,000 lbs., making them very easy and affordable to tow with most vehicles (check your vehicle manufacturer specifications for towing guidelines). Interior height is about 6’ 2”, and the length is about 12’. The waterproof fiberglass shell construction makes the trailer extremely resistant to weather damage and deterioration and is why trailers like these can be used and enjoyed for many decades, and still hold their value.

This trailer is ready to haul and camp in as soon as you take possession of it. Year-round camping is affordable, fun and possible with a Scamp!

EXTERIOR STATUS WHEN ACQUIRED: All-fiberglass body in fine condition; auto paint over original gelcoat finish; tires in very good condition; spare tire good with late model rim and new tire cover; has the optional electric brakes on axle ready to be wired into your tow vehicle system (not standard or needed on these 13’ers, but great to have for mountains, freeway traffic, etc.); all standard taillights and running lights in working order (someone installed a 3rd brake light that is improperly wired and doesn’t work); new style propane tank (about ½ full); no visible chassis damage (only some usual surface rust); hooks for exterior awning; jalousie windows that can stay open for fresh air even if its raining.

EXTERIOR UPDATES: Bearings inspected and repacked (during this I examined the electric brake system and all parts appear to be present to the best of my knowledge. NOTE: Brakes should be professionally checked before assuming they work); lug nuts retorqued; cleaned and brightened exterior finish; applied new Scamp decals and stripes; installed new 4-prong flat plug for exterior lights; the harness also includes 12 volt at plug for hookup to car battery (the harness can be converted back to the original 7-prong set up, and I will include a new 7-prong plug that will allow the brakes, 12 volt refrigerator and all lights to be used – I have the wire diagram and can advise you, if needed); all new rivet caps; replaced door gasket and seal; recaulked windows and seams.

INTERIOR STATUS WHEN ACQUIRED: Standard 13’ Scamp interior with dinette that seats four, has storage underneath and converts to bed for two adults, and a “gaucho” bench along front that sleeps one adult (bench is divided into three sections – two for storage and the middle for portable toilet); sink with both city and on-board water faucets; 2-burner propane stove that works well (has a cover for increased counter space); 3-way refrigerator with small freezer (“Traveler” by Elixir uses 110AC, 12 volt DC, or propane – all three modes work, but 110 volt works the best); propane heater works fast and fine (who says camping must be limited to summer?); two double 110 volt outlets work fine (unit gets 12 volt power from tow vehicle battery); Sears Pak-a-Potty (stores under gaucho bench – looks like never used. These units use inexpensive, easy-to-handle chemical packets that keep them clean and odor-free while in use – they contain a fresh water supply for “flushing” at each use, and are very portable and easily emptied); fire extinguisher; ceiling vent.

INTERIOR IMPROVEMENTS: Painted benches, kitchenette unit and tall closet; painted fridge front and face of heater; replaced the wall covering seam tape; cleaned, primed and painted walls and ceiling a light aqua; fabricated new ¾” birch dinette table; fabricated new oak laminate cabinet/closet doors; added oak trim details; installed two new 110 lights and a modern fluorescent; new cotton café curtains, new upholstered cushions (Scamp’s “Lake Lure” fabric); new plumbing for city sink water; refurbished on-board water system (disinfected tank, used all new line, rebuilt hand pump faucet). Will include (but not install) an older, aluminum 5,000 BTU window A/C (this is the correct size for these trailers, and they are usually mounted in the tall closet or under the dinette table. NOTE: Fiberglass roof cannot support an A/C unit).

Now for the negatives:
1. The exterior door hinges and latch are not original, but work fine. Can probably be replaced with Scamp parts from factory.

2. Front plexiglass window has “crazing”, but is not broken or cracked; visibility is O.K. (New windows can be obtained from local glass dealers or the Scamp factory for well under $100).

3. Gaucho bench seatback intended to become an “upper bunk” was removed, so sleeping space for fourth person is not available (with carpenter skills, could be converted back to sleep four people).

For more information as you consider bidding, please visit the Scamp website http://scamptrailers.com/ or the Fiberglass RV.com website and forum http://fiberglassrv.com/.

Please email me with any questions or to set up an inspection prior to bidding. We are located in Oneonta, New York (on the I-88 corridor halfway between Binghamton & Albany, and minutes from both National Baseball and Soccer Halls of Fame).

Payment: $500 non-refundable first payment via PayPal or an overnighted Cashier’s Check or Money Order must be received within 48 hours of auction’s end. Failure to do this will cancel the sale, and I will give negative feedback and notify eBay of default. Balance is due via PayPal, Cashier’s Check or CASH at pickup. Pickup must be within seven (7) days. Trailer will not leave my property without full, cleared payment.

I will deliver the trailer in the Northeast for an additional fee of $1.00 per mile as calculated by Mapquest (NOTE: Must have payment for trailer and shipping in full prior to delivery).

You are buying this unit as is, with no warranties, assumptions or promises. NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS."

We will be attending the PEI Festival the first week in August with our '84 Scamp, and hope to meet some of you there ~ Lynne
Old 07-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp (fits in my Garage...Yeah)
Wow

wish you were closer...and you are towing with an Element

I am in So cal...........and this would be a great starter..........

any suggestions.....?

thanks

JIm
Old 07-16-2006, 02:28 PM   #3

Jim - Jeff with the Scamp in NY. Hey - take a week vacation, drive the Element East and pick it up!! What's the problem? I will have it all ready with some cold drinks in the Fridge and fresh summer air in the tires. I bought an Element trailer hitch and wire harness on E-Bay (new) for about $120 - good for as I recall 200lb. hitch weight and 3500lb trailer I believe. It took no more than 1 hour to install - bolts right on. If that does not work for you, search with Google for a shipping company that goes cross country - lots of them out there ready to give you a quote. I shipped a new car 4 years ago from Irvine,CA right here to my door for around $800. They will do door-to-door or shipping ternminal to terminal. Other than that I could deliver it for about $3000? Well, thanks for the interest - I think you should buy it, but I might be biased a bit. Take care

Quote:
Wow

wish you were closer...and you are towing with an Element

I am in So cal...........and this would be a great starter..........

any suggestions.....?

thanks

JIm
Old 07-16-2006, 11:11 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Boy, I also wish you weren't on the east coast!!

do you remember the name of the company you used to ship the car?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:50 AM   #5

Andrea - no, I don't still have the paperwork for the car shipment. A Toyota dealer in Irvine arranged it - I ordered a Scion xB before there were any on the East coast for some reason. You could call a local dealer for advice, they ship cars all the time and know different haulers. I found a couple likely Internet possibilites - try haulingdepot.com or uship.com . Our zip here in NY is 13820, the length is 14', width 7' and weight probably 1050lb. on the trailer for quote purposes. Check a couple of these sites out if you want - they give free quotes. Take care - Jeff

Quote:
Boy, I also wish you weren't on the east coast!!

do you remember the name of the company you used to ship the car?
Old 07-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Andrea - no, I don't still have the paperwork for the car shipment. A Toyota dealer in Irvine arranged it - I ordered a Scion xB before there were any on the East coast for some reason. You could call a local dealer for advice, they ship cars all the time and know different haulers. I found a couple likely Internet possibilites - try haulingdepot.com or uship.com . Our zip here in NY is 13820, the length is 14', width 7' and weight probably 1050lb. on the trailer for quote purposes. Check a couple of these sites out if you want - they give free quotes. Take care - Jeff
Hmmm... uship wants LOTS of information before they'll post your 'ad' for shipping bids (like addresses, phone #s etc). Haulingdepot didn't get back to me. I found a couple of other instant quotes at around $1000 but that was based on shipping a car. I don't know if it would cost more or less to ship a trailer I'll have to think about this....When are you putting it on eBay (or did you already)?

An xB and an element, eh? So you must like compact haulers!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #7
Helen T

I love what you have done with this Scamp - it looks great! I have an older model that needs some TLC. I know you are trying to sell it, so I hope you don't mind my asking a repair question here. You mentioned that you replaced the exterior rivet caps - what did you need to do to replace them? All mine have been covered with something that looks clear caulk (that is no longer clear) and I would like to replace them with proper rivet caps.

Thank you!
Helen
Austin, Texas

Old 07-20-2006, 05:26 AM   #8

Helen, you can buy a supply of rivet caps from the Scamp factory. I glued them on.

Quote:
I love what you have done with this Scamp - it looks great! I have an older model that needs some TLC. I know you are trying to sell it, so I hope you don't mind my asking a repair question here. You mentioned that you replaced the exterior rivet caps - what did you need to do to replace them? All mine have been covered with something that looks clear caulk (that is no longer clear) and I would like to replace them with proper rivet caps.

Thank you!
Helen
Austin, Texas
Old 07-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #9

Hi,

I have a place near Albany. (Although I am working for a few weeks in Boston) Did the Scamp sell yet?

Thanks,

Mac

Old 07-23-2006, 06:24 AM   #10

We are pretty sure it is sold - once the sale is finalized next week we will confirm it as SOLD on the forum, though.

Quote:
Hi,

I have a place near Albany. (Although I am working for a few weeks in Boston) Did the Scamp sell yet?

Thanks,

Mac

Old 08-17-2006, 08:20 AM   #11

Trailer: none but No Trailer Yet
I this sold??
Old 08-28-2006, 05:56 PM   #12
mikbondy

Quote:
I this sold??

hi - i am new and interested in this scamp. i live in glens falls, ny and could easily pick it up. please let us know!

Tags
scamp