1976 Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Boler
Good grief! After spending an hour trying to sign in under my normal screen name, I finally gave up and re-registered. Anyway, I've been around here for about 3 years as "Gary F."
After careful consideration, my wife and I have decided to sell our beloved trailer. I don't have pictures right now, but I can take some to send to anyone who's interested. Here's what I can tell you about it;
We bought the trailer from my wifes best friends estate after she lost her battle with brain cancer in November of '04. The trailer is sound with no body damage. I had the outside of the trailer profesionally painted all white. I replaced all the exterior lights including tail lights. The tires are good, the frame is straight, the windows all work, I put a new roof vent on, and the propane tank and battery are less than a year old. There is a nice awning with no tears or stains. There is a gas line run to the side to run a gas stove which needs to be finished. I had a new coupler profesionally welded on so the trailer now uses a 2" ball.
The inside still has the original foam walls which we planned on painting. The foam was redone shortly before we got the trailer and has no tears, snags, or stains. The floor has a new carpet that I didn't glue down so it can be easily removed to clean. The sink has the hand pump AND I added an electric pump. I sand blasted the stove and repainted it with high temp paint. The fridge is a dometic 3-way and is SUPPOSED to work, but I've never used it. I replaced all the lights inside, and there is a car stereo installed on the side of the cabinets over the sink. The floor plan is original.
There's alot more I can tell you about this trailer. I thought I'd offer it to my friends on this site before listing it on ebay. I'm asking $2500. The trailer is located in New River, AZ and I will deliver to anywhere in Arizona after full payment. If you're interested please email me at www.gar-fre@msn.com. I will be happy to forward pics to serious inquiries.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:46 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi, I can't seem to get your e-mail to work. Can you e-mail me at morningstar@san.rr.com concerning your trailer?
Thanks, Steve
Old 03-13-2006, 04:27 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Gary,
I would love to see photos of the Boler you have for sale--I am very interested.
Thanks, Alison
Old 03-14-2006, 08:24 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1300
Thanks everyone. I'll try and get some pics done today. I'll forward to everyone who has inquired. If there is anything specific you'd like to see, let me know. Thanks again!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:05 AM   #5

I managed to get these shots of the outside before I had to leave for work. I try and get some inside shots this afternoon. BTW, the mural is a real painting of the southwest desert.
Attached Thumbnails
Bolerfront.JPG   Bolerback.JPG  

Old 03-14-2006, 12:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 1976 Boler
Hi again folks.
Since many of you are inquiring from far away, I thought I'd add what I think is WRONG with the trailer, or needs fixing.
The outside does show some stress cracks in a couple places. It looks like somewhere along the line something may have hit the trailer in a couple places, but the fiberglass is solid and I don't see any weakness in these areas. You kind of have to look for them, but they are there. The door has sprung... big surpise huh? However, it does not leak. The wheels are fine, just ugly black. I think the plate that the propane and battery sit on needs to be tacked down on one place. It doesn't go anywhere, and I can fix this myself if you'd like. I have no idea if the electric brakes work, and unless you're towing it with a Geo, I doubt you'd need them.
I didn't replace the drip edge over the door when I had it painted because I thought it was ugly, but it can easily be replace with a drill and a pop rivet gun. That's about it for the outside.
On the inside.... The ensolite foam on the walls is still plyable, but is old as you'd expect. I was going to paint is like alot of folks on here. The seams have been shodily filled with caulk. I was going to redo that too. There are a few holes where I had to drill to get pieces off the outside for paint. With some careful caulking and paint I think they could look really good. The roof vent needs the screen replaced. The cabinet doors are cheap stained plywood. The one under the sink has the wood grain vinyl laminate, original I think. The dooron the fridge is also covered in cheap woodgrain laminate. The fridge is supposed to work, but I doubt it. I tried the propane stage once and it cooled, but not good enough for Arizona. I replaced all the interior 12v lights but one of the lenses kind of darkened already. The curtains are fine, but the back one falls off everytime I tow it. The cabinet shelves are kind of shoddy plywood too, but work. The wood that covers the storage under the front bed is plain plywood. The inside color is bright yellow, original and definitely retro. The prior owner installed a stereo in the cabinet above the sink. Definitely shoddy, but works. I think that's about it.
Okay, here's what I've done to it since I've had it;
I've redone the wiring to the plug, and exterior lights. I solder almost everything because I don't like having to make the same repair every year. I replaced all the outside running lights, license plate bracket/light, and brake lights. The brake lights are round and recessed. I had a 2" coupler welded on, since nothing seems to be 1 7/8" anymore. I put a new deep cycle battery on it and also a new propane tank. (it's full) I replaced the roof vent. I added a 12v water pump. (That was a bugger to do, but it works great!) I put new carpet in but left it loose so all I have to do is take it out and shake it to clean it. ( The floor is clean and in good shape.)
This trailer COULD be restored as original, but I tried to upgrade comfort items without compromising too much originality.
I can deliver to anywhere in Arizona. I'm located just north of Phoenix. Thanks again for all your interest. ~Gary
Old 03-14-2006, 05:29 PM   #7

More pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Bolerinside1.JPG   bolerinside2.JPG  

Bolerinside3.JPG  
Old 03-14-2006, 05:31 PM   #8

Attached Thumbnails
Bolerinside4.JPG   Bolerinside5.JPG  

Bolerinside6.JPG   Bolerinside7.JPG  

Old 03-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #9