MI 1980 Boler Voyageur Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: Boler
Michigan
1980 Boler Voyageur Camper

Please excuse some of the wording in this thread, I also posted this to craigslist, so I was trying to be as transparent for others who may not know as much about these trailers.

For sale is a 1980 Boler Fiberglass camper. The 13 foot Voyageur model.

This camper has all the original paperwork, including service records, warranties (none of which are valid as it is 33 years old) and other odds and ends.

This camper was owned by the original owner until 2007, by the second owner from then until this past summer, and by me since then. That makes 3 owners, not bad.

Not much work was done to this camper until I took ownership. I have done some considerable upgrades to the camper over the course of the summer and have mostly finished what I started, but I am now in the position to sell the camper as I am moving and have nowhere to store the camper this winter or into the foreseeable future. Though I regret doing so, I am offering this camper for sale.

A new Scamp camper runs into the neighborhood of $15,000 and is worth every penny as it has many more modern upgrades than this camper, but probably not $10,000 worth. If you are handy, this is an excellent opportunity for you to own a mostly refurbished camper, and would provide an excellent project over the winter.

I will provide a list of upgrades I have done, and things that are yet to be done.

Done:

The most considerable amount of work that I have invested into this project is removing the existing furniture, cupboards and other interior items, removing the existing insulation and wall covering and replacing it with Reflectix insulation and Hulliner marine grade fabric. This took me well over a week in labor to do, was very messy and difficult, but was entirely worth the effort. The new wall covering is much more pleasing to look at, absorbs no odor, and insulates the camper much better. For a detailed account of what this process is like, check out this link to www.fiberglassrv.com

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...gin-45122.html

The above link is also a great example of the potential of these trailers to move from a simple camper to an exquisite work of art.

I also installed a new roof vent.

New copper propane lines.

Resealed all the windows with silicone.

To do:

Hook up the electric. When I began the project, I was going to install new LED lights underneath the cabinets, but I have not gotten that far yet. It would be a simple weekend project for someone with electric experience, or even for someone with next to no experience. Positive, negative, ground, right?

Finish trimming out a couple of seams where the carpet on the walls meets.

Finish installing cabinet doors.

There really ins't much to do to tidy this project up, most of the hard work has been done already and the easy, but time-consuming finishing work is left to do. Since I don't have a covered, heated place to work on it and nowhere to store it this winter I am going to get rid of it.

I am glad to do a video tour detailing all the intimate details of the camper for out of town persons interested in buying. I am asking $5,000 OBO for this camper. I have invested at least this much into it.
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #2

Michigan
I am having some difficulty uploading photos, so they might have to be posted one by one. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
image-1895543142.jpg  
Old 11-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #3

Michigan
Here are a few more. You can see that the cabinet doors are not on, but I am working on getting them attached. I still have all the doors and hardware, but I painted this cabinet when I removed it and removed the doors at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
image-1460303263.jpg   image-2755528731.jpg  

image-3741674016.jpg   image-4287514363.jpg  

Old 11-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #4

Michigan
I forgot to mention that this is in Marquette, MI.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Ouch, you used silicone instead of butyl. Oh well. Best of luck with your sale.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #6

Michigan
It wouldn't take long to switch it to Butyl tape if desired.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #7

Michigan
I realize my price may be a bit high. Please email me with offers/questions. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #8

Name: Paula
Trailer: Shopping
Michigan
Could I see a video or photos of the inside?
Old 02-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #9

Name: Sally
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Michigan
Still available?

Has this unit been sold? I will be in Michigan very soon and I'm interested.

Tags
boler