UT 1983 Scamp 13' Restored with Solar Panels - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #1

Name: Josh
Trailer: Scamp 13
Utah
1983 Scamp 13' Restored with Solar Panels

I have a 1983 Scamp 13' for sale in Salt Lake City, UT. The inside has been restored and is great condition. It has wood flooring and original cushions which are in fantastic shape. The inside has been repainted and taped up. The sink and stove work great. It has the following upgrades:

- 2 60 watt solar panels. These guys provide more than enough power for the trailer.
- Morningstar ProStar-15 Solar Controller
- 3 LED lights. Replaced the original lighting with LED's and added an additional one for more light. It is really bright inside.
- Xantrex HF-1000 inverter/charger. The remote module has been located onto the main cabinet for easy use.
- Optima Bluetop Battery
- Fantastic Fan with remote

The solar panels provide a lot of power for the trailer. I was in it today and it was pulling 3.5 amps per hour. With the fan on full speed and all three lights on it was pulling 2ah. The battery has 75ah and will run for days without any power to the panels. This trailer is perfect for boon docking. Everything has been relocated inside and is mounted very nicely.

The Scamp is ready to go and the tires are in great shape. The axle is new and has the backings for trailer brakes if desired. It comes with the original porta-potty and things needed for the front bunk. It also has some extra parts such as seam tape and paint.

The previous owner pulled out the fresh water tank. We have just used a 5 gallon jug for our needs when camping. It does come with the tank if you wish to reinstall it.

We are moving on to full timing and have decided on a little bit bigger of a trailer. I am very reluctant to let it go.

More pictures at Pictures by jeckel30 - Photobucket

The price is $5200.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #2

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
How does that work? Do you remove the solar panels when you are on the move? If so, what do they weigh and how fragile are they?
Old 04-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #3

Utah
No, they are mounted up top via some brackets and VHB tape. It is super strong and has been all over with them mounted on top with no problems at all. The panels themselves are pretty rugged and made to withstand the elements for years. They weigh about 20 pounds altogether.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #4

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Oregon
Contact me please! SOOOO Interested!

Please contact me or get me your # if still for sale!.
I am in AF, so this would be SO short of a drive (I was planning a long one).
Old 04-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa333 View Post
Please contact me or get me your # if still for sale!.
I am in AF, so this would be SO short of a drive (I was planning a long one).
Lisa, you might find you get a faster response if you send him a private message.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #6

Utah
This trailer is sold. Thanks Fiberglassrv!

Tags
scamp, solar