1985 13' Burro- completely redone! - SOLD - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #1

Trailer: Burro
Hate to get rid of this but it is just a little too small for our family. This has been my project for the last two years and I have basically redone the entire thing. Here are all the things I have done so far:

New cushions, professionally made with very good high density foam. Very comfortable to sleep on.
All electrical redone.
New wood floor
New wood covers
New axle- this is the spindle adjustable type which makes it easily raised or lowered to fit your vehicle.
New tires and wheels
New deep cycle battery (bought end of last season)
New propane hookups
New water pump and faucet, I put in a little bigger water pump than needed because my goal was to eventually make an outside shower.
New carpet on the ceiling and new vent installed (ran wires up to the vent because I was eventually going to install a fantastic fan)
I also took out all the windows, cleaned them, repainted the trim, resealed them, and reinstalled them. The only leak I had was because I haven't install a bug shield yet and the wind and rain from the drive allowed a little rain in. Other than that, there hasn't been any leaks at all.

The frame had been reinforced by the previous owner. The inside stove and refrigerator works well. I took out the heater because I didn't think I was going to need it, but it can easily be reinstalled. I also took out the bunk bed, but I kept the wood piece if you wanted to reinstall it and the cusions were originally made based on the old cushions with the bunk installed.

OK. Here is what still needs to be done - need to finish the cabinet doors. I have the originals still, but they were old particle board things. Need to put up curtains, and you might also want to redo the peel and stick tiles to match the rest. I also tried to give it a good buffing last year but wasn't very successful (probably due to my inexperiece).

Feel free to email me or give me a call and I will be glad to send you more pictures. Asking $5500 obo, which I figure is a fair price since I have redone pretty much everything and didn't go cheap with any of it. So please don't call me with lowball offers. 208-440-1829
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7278.jpg   IMG_9608.jpg  

IMG_9613.jpg   IMG_9610.jpg  

IMG_7279.jpg   IMG_7280.jpg  

IMG_7275.jpg   Burro4.jpg  

IMG_7281.jpg  
Old 07-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
DOES YO
Old 07-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #3

Quote:
DOES YO

I'm sorry, did you have a question?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #4

Hi,
Looks like a nice unit. You've done a lot of work!

A couple of questions. About the leak on the window. What's a bug shield? Is it the solid piece of plastic that hinges above the window and is put down when you drive? Do you have it?

How hard would it be to put the bunk bed back in?

What kind of electrical hitch connector does it have? What size is the ball? Does it have a trailer brake?

Thanks. I live in Salt Lake city. I'd have to talk my wife about this too!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Hi,
Looks like a nice unit. You've done a lot of work!

A couple of questions. About the leak on the window. What's a bug shield? Is it the solid piece of plastic that hinges above the window and is put down when you drive? Do you have it?

How hard would it be to put the bunk bed back in?

What kind of electrical hitch connector does it have? What size is the ball? Does it have a trailer brake?

Thanks. I live in Salt Lake city. I'd have to talk my wife about this too!
Thanks

What I called a bug shield is also called a rock guard. A lot of these trailers have them on the front windows to stop rocks/bugs from breaking the front window. Mine never had it on. Let me clarify on the leak though. When the trailer is stationary, I have never had a leak. I only noticed the water this time when I got home from a recent trip and we were driving in a big windy rainstorm. My guess is that the wind pushed the inside window from the seam creating a hole big enough to allow rain to come in. I was thinking about installing something that I could put over the window during the drive to stop this, and shielding the front window from rocks and bugs. I was actually thinking about buying a large piece of Plexiglas and attaching it sort of like race car drivers do to their hoods.

As far as the bunk bed, I had to cut out a piece of wood that had been poorly fiberglassed in. I couldn't imagine that it would be too hard to put it back in looking better than what the actual manufacturer did. I have the original hardware and wood. I attached a photo from the original manual to show what it looks like.

It has a 7 prong electrical adapter. I redid all the wiring to the lights also. The previous lights had grounding problems.

The ball is a 2" ball

The original axle had brakes, but when I replaced that with the new axle, I didn't add the brakes. Honestly the trailer is so light, that I don't think brakes are necessary unless you are going to try and pull it with a light car. I pulled ours with a Tahoe and never even had it affect our braking power. The brakes are actually pretty cheap to buy and the 7 prong adapter is ready for them, just need to add the wire.

If needed, and you are seriously interested, I would be willing to meet half way. Just let me know.

I tried to download more pictures, but for some reason the site was limiting my pic size to 11k (which is odd because I uploaded the previous ones of the same size). So if you want more, just send me a message and I will send them over directly.

Thanks for your interest.
Attached Thumbnails
BurroCatalog12.jpg  
Old 07-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #6

Hello:

It looks nice, would you consider finishing what needs to be finished for a full price offer, plus a little more? I'm not a handy person, and don't know any one who could help me. I'm not picky either, really just want the cabinet doors up, the major stuff, not the little details.

I have cash, and live near Portland, Oregon so I think that would just be a long day drive away. Could pick it up over a weekend soon.

Please let me know, email is mimi.cogswell[at]gmail.com, or call 503-740-5742.

Thanks! I'm tired of sleeping on the ground!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #7

OK, a lot of the people inquiring of my burro have been hesitant because the cabinet doors and floor aren't done. SO, I've decided to finish them this weekend.

AND I've lowered the price to $5k. I would be willing to take less if you were still interested and wanted to finish these items on your own. I've also noticed some in the forum for less money, but the new axle and cusions alone are worth the difference!

Also remember that I am willing to meet halfway if within a reasonable difference. Please feel free to call me send me a message if you have ANY questions. 208-440-1829
Attached Thumbnails
fridge.jpg   front_storage.jpg  

sink.jpg  
Old 07-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #8

Here is the updated floor. I think it turned out really well. Wish I had done it a long time ago.

Attached Thumbnails
floor1.jpg   floor2.jpg  

floor3.jpg  
Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #9

Finally finished the cabinet doors. I used pine instead of the ugly mdf/partical board that it originally came with. Also used self closing hinges so they should stay in place during travel.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0378.jpg   IMG_0373.jpg  

IMG_0375.jpg  
Old 07-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #10

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Quote:
Finally finished the cabinet doors. I used pine instead of the ugly mdf/partical board that it originally came with. Also used self closing hinges so they should stay in place during travel.
Do you have a weight certificate or good guestimate? I'm towing with a Subaru Outback 4 cyl.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Do you have a weight certificate or good guestimate? I'm towing with a Subaru Outback 4 cyl.
I'm not sure what the towing ratings are for a subaru, but my guess is that is should be able to pull it without a problem. I know the brochure from the company has it behind an old ford pinto.

I beleive the GVW is around 900-1000 lbs. Depending on how much you pack in it, I would guess it would be around 1500 lbs loaded.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #12

Wink

Sold last night on ebay. Thanks to all that inquired. Hope to get another one soon!

Tags
burro