1985 13 Uhaul for Sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-24-2010, 06:38 AM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 13
1985 13 Uhaul for Sale

Here is a 1985, 13 ft Uhaul travel trailer. I bought it for a trip to Alaska. I just got back, and now it is time to sell it. The trailer is fiberglass inside and out, and it only weighs 1,300 pounds empty. I pulled it with a small pickup.

The tires are good--no problems on my trip--and the covered spare is new. All the lights work. The interior is super clean and overall in excellent condition. The cushions still have the original fabric and they are in very good condition. It has a new roof vent/fan with a Maxxair vent cover. It has a 110v fridge.

The propane stove and furnace have been removed--the previous owner did not like to use propane. I used a one-burner Coleman camp stove that worked perfectly—I used it both inside and out. I will include a small propane bottle in case you want to put in a stove top. It still has the original curtains, and they are all in very good condition, and have been washed.

The water system has new hoses and a new hand-operated pump that will also hook up to shore water. It has a 10-15 gallon water tank. It also has a new 110/12v converter/charger and fuse panel. It has new carpet on the floor and on the ceiling. (Uhaul put carpet on the ceiling to dress up the seam on top). I am including a clean port-a-potty.

I repaired and re-welded several rust spots on the frame before I left. I had to remove the solar panel, it didn't work and it leaked. I put fiberglass patches over the holes. Gorilla patches, ugly but strong. The exterior is in good condition. The gelcoat is has some spiders in it. A purist might want to polish it.

The windows need to be refurbished. They leaked during my trip, so I caulked the 2 side ones and the one on the door shut—they still leak a bit. The door gasket needs to be replaced, as it leaks, also. Because of where I was in Alaska, trying to repair the windows and door was not an option.

This trailer will come with a clear Texas title, and a copy of the original Owner’s Manual. As you can see from the photos, this unit has a convertible bunk bed arrangement in the front (it can also be used as a couch) and a dinette arrangement in the back. I converted the dinette in the back to a full-time double bed, so if you want, I will throw in the 4” foam pieces that were cut-to-fit the back and the bottom bunk bed. In truth,

I need the money from the trailer to pay for my trip, for the credit card interest is killing me. The price is a firm $3300. I will only accept a cash payment--no checks, no money orders, just cash. We can discuss delivery/pickup at the time of sale.

The trailer can be seen in Ingram, TX, a little bit northwest of Kerrville, TX. I can send more pics if needed. My email is chick@hctc.net I am traveling, but I will check emails periodically and I will try to get back to you as quickly as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
uhaul ad pics 1.jpg   uhaul ad pics 2.jpg  

uhaul ad pics 5.jpg   uhaul ad pics 6.jpg  

Old 09-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13 ft ('The Mothball')
Looks like a really nice camper at a decent price. Also the only other other one to have the Get-a-way sticker like mine that I know of. The windows can be fixed by 2 handy people if they just need resealing.

Bridget
Old 09-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 13
I sold it to the first people that looked at it. I really hated to see go, but I am now debt free.

Tags
u-haul, uhaul