1990 17' Burro For Sale - SOLD - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2009, 11:26 PM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft Burro
This is a 1990 17' Burro fiberglass travel trailer.

This is a wonderful small trailer and has been a joy to own. I would not consider selling it, but my employer is moving us to Europe for several years and I don't think it makes sense to just store it for all that time.

It is light weight and easily pulled by a mini-van. We've been pulling ours with a 1998 Toyota Sienna mini-van since we bought the trailer.

Although the Burro is no longer (as far as I know) manufactured the original Burro web site is still online.

Features of this trailer:

* The refrigerator was replaced two years ago with a new 3-way Dometic RM2193 - runs on 12V, 120V, or propane.
* The original accordion door for the bathroom was replace with a regular door and the space used by the accordion was used to make a floor to ceiling pantry. Very nice for food storage!
* The rear lighting wiring was replace last year, and the tail light bulbs were replaced with LED lights.
* The electric brakes and hubs were replaced with four years ago.
* The wheels and tires were replace with new three years ago.
* The standard 11 gallon fresh water tank has been supplemented with an additional 17 gallon tank.
* Bathroom with shower (but no sink), including electric pump and hot water heater.
* A separate outboard tank supplements the limited gray water tank.
* Front table/couch area also converts to bunk beds - perfect for kids.

This Burro is being sold AS-IS with NO warranty.

I'll probably be putting this ad on ebay in a few days with a buy-it-now price of $6000. I will post the link when it is available. If you would like to make an offer now please send me an email.
Attached Thumbnails
01_rtside.JPG  
Old 07-20-2009, 12:06 AM   #2

Trailer: 1991 Burro 17 ft
Jim, sent you a PM. We have cash and ready to buy it now.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I live in the Bay area and am very interested in your trailer. How can I get a hold of you? I do have the cash.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Is the unit still available? What is the interior height (headroom?) Is there are a toilet? (You mention the shower.) Is there A/C, and/or heater?

My wife and I are very interested, and would like to come see it. We live in the Sacramento area. Contact us at (916)684-1987, or e-mail us your contact info, please.

Dick & Pat Witzens
Old 07-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
Is your Burro still available? If so are there interior pics on the way? Thanks.....Jon
Old 07-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 17 ft Burro

I'm sorry people, I wasn't monitoring this thread. I also must have my forum options set wrong as I wasn't getting an email notice when there was a new reply.

The Burro never got on Ebay. I had a buyer at my buy-it-now price within an hour of my original posting.

The Burro went to a good home and I'm happy about that. It was a great trailer and we had many good trips with it.

-jim

Tags
burro