1991 17' Bigfoot Travel Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft 1991 Bigfoot
Cool

We have purchased a camping property and wish to build a cabin. This means we need to sell our beloved 17” Bigfoot travel trailer. This is a 1991 model in excellent shape. Everything works, so it is ready to roll.

Asking $9500

Four burner stove with oven, 3-Way big Dometic refrigerator, microwave oven, fantastic fan (No Air Conditioning), awning, new tires and new rims (all 3), dual propane tanks with auto changeover, battery box/propane bottle cover.

I just installed a new furnace (Had pilot problems with the old one), so no more pilot light.

Price also includes Equal-i-zer weight distribution equalizing hitch and sway bar control that make it extremely easy to tow.

You don't see to many of these west of the Mississippi! Very high class trailer for its age. These fiberglass trailers age well.

To many features to list! Please Email if you have questions or need clarification.

Link to email.
Attached Thumbnails
floor_plan.JPG   bigfoot_awning.JPG  

bigfoot_outside.JPG   bathroom.JPG  

bunk_beds.JPG   dinnette.JPG  

kitchen.JPG  
Old 07-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #2

Thumbs up

I have had lots of questions and I thought that I could post some additional details for anyone looking. It looks like Bigfoot doesn't make these any more so I can not just point you to their web site for the specs.

• How much does it weigh with water and camping gear for a week? What is the tongue weight?
The spec says 1875 lb and 230 lbs. dry weights. I do not think this is correct (unless filled with helium). Fully loaded we are closer to 2800 lbs with a 260 lb tongue weight.

• What do you pull it with?
I pull it with a Chevy Avalanche. With this big tow vehicle I can cruise at 75 mph without a problem even over Mountains.

• What is the interior headroom height?
I just measured and the headroom is 75 1/2 inches (The spec says 6'6"). It is important to note that this is the headroom all across the trailer. If you have ever been in a scamp or a Casita you will note that their headroom is just the center isle so the Bigfoot feels a lot bigger!

• Has the trailer been smoked in or had cats in it?
NO

• Are there any leaks or stress cracks in the fiberglass?
No leaks and only a few spider stress cracks. Nothing structrial.

• What size are the tires?
14"

• How are the bearings?
I just repacked last fall and they looked good.

• Does the toilet flush with fresh water?
Yes

• Are there separate gray and black water tanks?
30 Gal fresh water tank, 19 Gal gray water tank and 8 Gal black water tank. All are monitored from the panel in the Galley.

• Do any of the tanks leak?
No, Everything on the trailer is in good working order.

• I assume the front dinette folds into a bed. Is it large enough for two people? Does the rear bed extend for two people as well?
The front table is 43" x 79". The Goucho folds into a bed that is 44" x 75". The bunk bed above the Goucho is 35" x 72". We normally sleep on the Goucho bed and leave the table up. The bunk bed is really tight and could only be used for a child. It is really tight and I would not recommend for anyone over 100 lbs. We normally never set it up and just use for storage.

• Is there a screen door? Is there a roof vent?
This does have a nice screen door. It has two roof vents, one in the bathroom and one in the main area. The main vend is a Fantastic Fan. This has three speeds and a thermostat so it shuts off when it gets cool. It is very quiet.
• How much storage space is there? Is there an external storage compartment?
Well, I may be prejudice but I think there is lots of storage space. We just emptied it and I could not believe all we took out. We filled our spare bedroom.

There is one external storage compartment. We use this for hoses and pipes, a step and various fittings and stuff. All of this will come with the trailer.

• Could you please send a picture of the galley?
Attached Thumbnails
galley_upper.JPG  
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Hi Joe,
The trailer looks nice. Would you be heading out to the cool Pacific Northwest anytime soon? I live in Bellingham,WA and Minnesota is a bit far for us.
Congratulations on your new property!

Fran
Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #4

Sorry Fran but Washington is a bit far for me to deliver. Maybe halfway?

- Joe

Quote:
Hi Joe,
The trailer looks nice. Would you be heading out to the cool Pacific Northwest anytime soon? I live in Bellingham,WA and Minnesota is a bit far for us.
Congratulations on your new property!

Fran
Old 07-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #5

Registry
Hi Joe,
I'm still on the line here, interested in the Bigfoot. Was there more than one model made in '91 of the 17' size?

It'll take a bit to convince my husband to drive site unseen to pick up trailer; but I'm working on it!

Fran
Old 07-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #6

Fran,

According to my literature there were two models of Bigfoot 17' trailers made in 91, a standard and a deluxe. Both have the same floor plan. This trailer is the deluxe model. I believe the difference is in more options like larger tanks and nicer cabinets.

I totally understand your husbands reluctance, and I am not sure I would want to purchase something like this site unseen also. These are really nice trailers that seem to be more common in out west, so maybe your could find one closer.

This is a really nice trailer. I though someone on this site would be looking for just such a trailer that would be interested in traveling to get it, because they are so rare.

Good luck in your search for a fiberglass trailer! I can tell you that once you go fiberglass, you will never go back.

- Joe
Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #7

Registry
Hi Joe,
We've had a Scamp 16 so we know how nice a fiberglass trailer tows and how solid they feel compared to a stick built small trailer.
We moved in '04 and sold the trailer to facilitate that, but now he's retired and we'd like to travel south in the winter.

Keep in touch; so far no BF showing up here.

Fran
Old 08-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #8

Cool

I have a SALE PENDING on this trailer.

Tags
bigfoot