2000 Burro 17 ft-sun city, AZ - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
17 Burro
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Old 02-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 1989 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Isn't the Burro out of business? Any of you Burro owners have any complaints I might like to know about?

Old 02-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Isn't the Burro out of business? Any of you Burro owners have any complaints I might like to know about?
Yes they are out of business. Hopefully a Burro owner will chime in.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
We have a Burro we've enjoyed since last summer, though there are others out there with lots more experience. But we have really enjoyed the trailer so far, and love the front dinette which allows us to leave the main dinette made up as a permanent bed with pretty much a queen size mattress. The size works well for the two of us, and we are not little people, and the weight is fine with our tow vehicle — about 2,800 pounds loaded for use. I tow with an Equalizer hitch, after using just a straight draw hitch for the first few hauls, and I won't go back. The trailer tracks beautifully with the EQ hitch and except for the big white thing in the rearview mirror, you hardly know it's there.
If it's as advertised the price seems reasonable and I think the trailers themselves are great. Then it's just a matter of making it your own. IMHO, you'll love it.
cheers
Ian
Old 02-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have a 99 17 footer and previously had a 13. I love both. The 17 is obviously bigger in size but seems more like a blown up marshmallow as far as towing goes.

The floor plan is different in these than the other model 17s and I think it lends itself to being more versatile.. at least for my needs.

I do the opposite as others, I leave the front dinette down and its my bed, the back is a living room, of sorts. I have a small collapsible table I use instead of the big stock one, so I have two sofa back there and a little more play room for my pups and evil cat.

I like the bath on the side and it seems bigger than other models. (That may just be me tho) I like the window in the front, the whole thing seems lighter and better for circulation that way.

It is WIDE tho, you would have to adjust to being just a few inches inside the lanes. I don't think it is any wider than some of the stickies.. they manage fine.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Don't forget to take this with you if you go to seriously look at it:
Buyers Check List from the left nav bar

Old 02-17-2008, 10:11 PM   #7

I may go look at this trailer if it is available in the next few days. If I do and I don't snatch it up I'll fill out a buyers checklist and make it available for anyone that wants a copy.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #8

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
There are a couple of things which set the Burro apart from most of the others: 1) double-shell construction, usually with insulation between, and 2) the extra width (search for bed-size differences, which may or may not make a difference for you).
We have a 2000 17' and have been very happy with it. The extra room is significant to us.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #9

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
We have a 17' 2000 Burro and have loved it. The wide body makes for a large bed in the back if you choose to configure it that way (54 x 84+). The front will make a nice small table or a gaucho bed and some can accommodate a bunk bed. We have the fiberglass for the front bunk bed although we have never used it that way. The fiberglass walls are very easy to clean and it is easy to make the trailer your own. We don't use an equalizer hitch to pull and it is very steady. When loaded properly, you hardly notice it behind you.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #10

Trailer: 1989 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Would be interested in your opinion, Greg, as it's a 16 hour drive one way from Texas, and the seller hasn't answered me. Thanks to everyone who gave info.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #11

Went down and looked at the Burro today.
Owner said there have been a lot of calls, but I was the first to look at it.

It is a standard 17(not a widebody) with standard equipment package: Burro Standard Features
The only option was the Shower Package that I could see:
Shower, water heater, and toilet (17 foot only )
City Water ( standard w/ shower pkg. )
Gray water tank (standard w/ shower pkg.)
Water heater and electric pump (standard w/ shower pkg.)
and a front gravel shield

Exterior Condition was good but shell needs good bit of polishing, battery needs replacement, and frame needs cleaning and paint. Supposedly only used 4 times but the tires had almost no tread so they must have all been cross-country trips.
Windows all seemed good and there were no visible leak problems.

Interior: Very good condition, but dated. Cushions all seemed to be original but in good condition, drapes original but good, carpet original but OK. Supposedly what is there is all working, but couldn't verify. Floorplan was the front dinette so will only sleep 3 max. Rear dinette bed didn't seem very large.

No A/C, No refrigerator(small icebox only), three burner stove, small sink. Bath has potty and shower but no sink, didn't appear to have been used in quite awhile but no obvious damage.

Personal opinion: At the price this is at with how much is missing I'm going to pass. By the time I would add A/C, fridge, tires, flooring, clean-up and repair-figured it would be well over $10K investment and that opens a lot of options at that price point. There are too many people calling at the moment for there to be any serious negotiation.

Here are some photos and if anyone is interested I'll be happy to answer any additional questions if I can.

Click image for larger version

Name:	burro1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	11696
Attached Thumbnails
burro2.jpg   burro3.jpg  

burro4.jpg   burro5.jpg  

Old 02-18-2008, 10:00 PM   #12

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It's a wide body. They didn't make a "slim body" in 2000.

Nice review, thank you!

Tags
burro