. Beautiful condition, always stored in my garage. It has the Tan/Earth cushion colors. Located in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
This great little trailer sleeps three, and will seat six for meals. It is lightweight enough to be towed by a minivan or other vehicle with a 3500/300 lb. tow rating. It tows like a dream behind my Toyota Previa minivan.
The Spirit Deluxe has two dinettes, one for two people on the side, and one for four at the back, both convertible to beds. For use by one or two people, the back dinette can be left permanently made up as a bed, with dining at the side dinette. Very convenient! Advantages of the 16' model over the 17' include the lighter towing weight
(not advisable to tow a 17' with a minivan), more rear bumper clearance (great for bad driveways), and less overall height (can be parked in a garage if you have an 8' high door).
The Deluxe model includes front mounted AC; a complete bathroom with toilet, lavatory and shower; a wardrobe over the AC; a three-way refrigerator
(12VDC, 110VAC, or propane); dual propane
tanks with auto-switching; two-burner gas stovetop; stainless sink; and much more. For a complete list of features and more about this trailer go to the Casita
site at http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/showroom.html
In addition to the Deluxe equipment the following options were added at time of purchase:
: 12,000 BTU
- Fantastic roof vent (really works great!)
- Water heater upgrade: Two-way 110VAC or propane
with auto electronic ignition
- Anti-sway bar
- Accessory package (water hose, levels, etc.)
I added the following improvements (these would cost you $1200-1500 installed):
: 50 watt Kyocera solar panel
in tiltable roof mount.
- 25 amp solar
controller with digital readout (located inside trailer), plenty of capacity for adding additional panels.
- Vector 1000W inverter for 110 VAC in remote sites, located in electrical
cabinet with remote control inside trailer. I can run my 24" iMac for several hours a day off-site without running the trailer battery
below 12 volts (sunny day, of course).
- Bamboo cutting board sink cover. Plush carpet insert over stock carpet offers more comfort, protection for original carpet, and is removable for cleaning.
- Fold-up awning
: Advantages over the roll-up awnings include far less weight
, preserves aerodynamics of the cool Casita
shape, cheap replacement if damaged by wind.
- 25' extension cord and adapter for shore power (giving a total of 50').
- I'll also throw in a screen arbor tent, which will fit over a standard picnic table.
CONTACT INFO: Call Bruce at 505-662-5792 or e-mail at brucewarrenvct[at]yahoo.com