OR 2008 Oliver Elite For Sale $35,000 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #1

Name: Gayle
Trailer: Looking for Oliver
Oregon
2008 Oliver Elite For Sale $35,000

Oliver Legacy Elite For Sale. Excellent - could consider it in "new" condition, used only 4-5 times for brief trips, counting trip home from factory. Pretty much every bell and whistle option is on board. Garaged in Arizona, has been in Oregon for one month. Selling due to change in ability to travel. See Craig's List (Oregon) for photo's and further detailed description, or contact Ethosdesign2555@gmail.comAsking $35k
Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #2

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
I wonder, and please don't be offended, but you say this was garaged in AZ, and you just bought but are selling. Is this the one that was for sale in AZ for 23,500? By any chance did you buy it, and are selling it for 35K? I'm just wondering as so rarely Olivers come up, and why would an Oregon person garage an Oliver in AZ? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Yes, I agree for a 4 year old trailer to have only been used once a year? More details may be available. She said she was the original owner or is that an assumption?
Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #4

Georgia
It's an assumption. The dealer selling it didn't know these are cult items. I talked to him the day after it sold. If I recall it had been barely used. I'm just saying this person notes it's been in Oregon a month. I think this was advertised a few months ago. It was posted here on the forums as a referral ie someone noticed the ad. It would make sense to take about this long to tow and title it. I suppose there could be two for sale like that but why garage in AZ if you live in Oregon? I love Olivers and think they are gorgeous but haven't won the lottery yet.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #5

Oregon
No problem with questions. I just realized I hit the reply button to the e'mail so my answer I fially noticed went to Fiberglass RV. I'm a slow learner but now think this is where I should answer. To get to your questions. I bought the trailer in May for 35k - same price I am asking, from the original owner in Lake Havasue who was selling as they had not had the time to use it. The trailer was never advertised-as luck would have it I had sent a note to the factory asking if there was news about returning to production. Answer was no but they knew of one in excellent condition in AZ and gave me his number. He has been terrific with getting me Oliver educated. I since have learned he is a personal friend of Jim Oliver and surmise that may how the factory had his name when my note wanting an Oliver arrived. I am not happy with my change of extended travel plans but if it doesn't sell have no problem keeping it. It's to expensive to have it sit and not be utilized as planned. I am torn with wanting to take it out on a short trip or two but since trying to sell is best option will hold off and see if it sells over the summer. I did want to mention price as when going thru the many add on's price list with the Oliver Brochure add on's my best calculation was that the original owner paid around 38k. There's all of the expected additions, satellite, power inverter, etc., but found lot's of little things like swivel lights and coat hooks - just a lot of nifty stuff that makes it uniquely an Oliver. If other questions don't hesitate to ask.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #6

Georgia
Too bad you have to sell it. Why don't you put a link to your cl ad here. Also advertise it on the other fiberglass forum.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #7

Oregon
Thanks, will try to set up the link. http://eugene.craigslist.org/rvs/3111168102.html
Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #8

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
You'll tend to see a lot of Olivers ended up in Arizona, and Lake Havasu in particular. In part because the patriarch of Oliver (Jim and his wife), who the trailers were their dream passion, wintered there. They kept several Olivers at their home there, and frequently took them down to nearby Quartzsite. They sold a lot of them simply by word of mouth and sitings.

We're also helping some friends in Lake Havasu sell their Oliver (which is solar powered) - that they bought simply because they saw Jim showing his off in town. I'll be putting up a separate listing for it here.

Having two Olivers on the market at the same time - very unique situation!

Best wishes in find a new home for your redrover - sorry that your travel plans didn't work out

- Cherie
(Former 2009 Oliver owner)
Old 07-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #9

Georgia
Thanks Cherie. As soon as I write a bestseller I'm buying an Oliver! :-)
Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #10

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Oh.. and as a suggestion, redrover. If you can, go ahead and take a couple short trips in it. Put a for sale sign on it, and go! There's nothing like spotting an Oliver in the wild to get people's curiosity up. We received so many on the spot offers on ours over our years traveling - it's the best marketing imaginable!

So embrace the power of AND - go for a trip, and try to sell it

- Cherie
Old 07-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #11

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Awesome trailer, too bad its out of my price range.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #12

Oregon
Oliver Trailer has sold. Thanks to all who helped with referrals.

Tags
oliver