NM 2008 Scamp 16 Standard Side Bath for sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
2008 Scamp 16 Standard Side Bath for sale

2008 SCAMP 16’ Standard with Side Bath and Rear Bunk/Couch $12,000
We are selling because we have upgraded to a Scamp 5er.
We are the 2nd owner. The first owner did not travel with it after towing from Backus. Just used it as a bedroom during house construction.
We have taken it on 5 trips (2-3 nights each) and the total lifetime towing mileage is only 4400 miles. It is currently on a consignment lot in Spring Branch, TX. But we can sell it directly - buyer would have to pick it up in Texas.

Trailer is in great condition, clean and all systems work fine. See photos in my Trailer Registry "Fran L."

It is the Standard Model 16’ Scamp Floor Plan #4 (sleeps 4, dining area which converts to 45” x 76” bed and , bunks/couch, sink, 2 burner stove, side bath with shower,) with the following
OPTIONS ADDED:
Roof mounted A/C with heat strip
Furnace with thermostat
4.6 cu ft refrigerator (110 and gas)
Microwave
Toilet
9 Gallon Black water tank
Shower (side bath configuration)
26 gallon Grey water tank
12 Gallon Fresh water tank
Roof Fantastic Fan
Awning (10’)
Hot water heater
Screen door
Door step
Extra windows, cabinets, lights and silverware drawer
Exterior ground fault outlet
Linoleum floor

Things we added:
New, light blocking curtains (denim blue to match upholstery)
LED interior light bulbs
New battery (Sept. 2011)
Metal valve stems on all wheels
New weather seal around door.

Also included is a custom vinyl cover with zippered door access (cost about $250).
Old 11-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #2

Name: Becky
Trailer: Scamp 19 Foot 5th Wheel
Mississippi
This is an excellent price. Back in July we sold our 2010 in Alaska for $15,000 and we had exactly the same trailer without the furnace. If any of you are looking to get a good Scamp and at an excellent price, you should go for it.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #3

Registry
Scamp 16 for sale 2008 Standard w side bath

(Reposting with modified title for better web search activity)

2008 SCAMP 16’ Standard with Side Bath and Rear Bunk/Couch $12,000
We are selling because we have upgraded to a Scamp 5er.
We are the 2nd owner. The first owner did not travel with it after towing from Backus. Just used it as a bedroom during houseconstruction.
We have taken it on 5 trips (2-3 nights each) and the total lifetime towing mileage is only 4400 miles. It is currently on a consignment lot in Spring Branch, TX. But we can sell it directly - buyer would have to pick it up in Texas.

Trailer is in great condition, clean and all systems work fine. See photos in my Trailer Registry "Fran L."

It is the Standard Model 16’ Scamp Floor Plan #4 (sleeps 4, dining area which converts to 45” x 76” bed and , bunks/couch, sink, 2 burner stove, side bath with shower,) with the following
OPTIONS ADDED:
Roof mounted A/C with heat strip
Furnace with thermostat
4.6 cu ft refrigerator (110 and gas)
Microwave
Toilet
9 Gallon Black water tank
Shower (side bath configuration)
26 gallon Grey water tank
12 Gallon Fresh water tank
Roof Fantastic Fan
Awning (10’)
Hot water heater
Screen door
Door step
Extra windows, cabinets, lights and silverware drawer
Exterior ground fault outlet
Linoleum floor

Things we added:
New, light blocking curtains (denim blue to match upholstery)
LED interior light bulbs
New battery (Sept. 2011)
Metal valve stems on all wheels
New weather seal around door.

Also included is a custom vinyl cover with zippered door access (cost about $250).
Old 11-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyruns View Post
This is an excellent price. Back in July we sold our 2010 in Alaska for $15,000 and we had exactly the same trailer without the furnace. If any of you are looking to get a good Scamp and at an excellent price, you should go for it.

Thanks for the endorsement Becky! It really is a sweet little Scamp - I hope we can find a good home for it soon!
Regards,
Fran
Old 11-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #5

Registry
Here is a photo of the custom made cover that comes with this Scamp. It cost about $250.
It's a great little trailer - hope we can find it a good home!

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #6

Registry
Some additional information:
This trailer is also listed on the website (SpringBranchRV.com)for the consignment lot where it is currently sitting. We bought our 5er from them and when we went to pick it up we left our 16' there to be sold on consignment. We can sell the Scamp directly ourselves for our price or they can sell it for their price...it's just a matter of who finds a buyer first.

They took additional pictures when we dropped off the trailer and they show the new curtains.

Here is the link:

Scamp 2008 16' Standard

It is listed under Stock Number: WEAVER (that is my husband's name)

Thanks,
Fran
Old 11-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Was the New weather seal around door bought from scamp factory or from a store? On a side note, if that is your property in New Mexico it sure is beautiful.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #8

Registry
Hi Ken,
The weatherstripping was from JC Whitney: Stick-on weatherstripping from JC Whitney, ZX133202U
It was what everyone on the Scamp listserve recommended to replace the factory weatherstripping which was not very good. It has worked well!. Here is the link. It was style #2
HST Materials Company STICK ON REPLACEMENT SPONGE RUBBER WEATHERSTRIPPING - JCWhitney

Yes, that is our property in NM - thanks - we like it alot!
Fran
Old 11-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #9

Registry
Re: Interested buyer in AL
Hello,
Just wanted to be sure you received our reply to your inquiry the other day...I'm not really familiar with the messaging system and couldn't find a confirmation....
Thanks,
Fran & Dave
PS - Just in case you didn't, briefly, the Scamp weight is about 2000 lbs and we towed it with a Ford Range 4.0L V6 - basically the same engine as your Escape. No problem. We live outside Albuquerque but the trailer is in Spring Branch Texas on a trailer consignment lot (where we bought our replacement 5th wheel Scamp). We can sell the trailer for our price unless they sell it first for their price. In either case, the buyer would pick up the trailer in Texas.

Fran and Dave
Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #10

Registry
More photos

Here are some more photos of the interior...they show the new blue curtains and the linoleum flooring better.

Fran & Dave
Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #11

Registry
In case the consignment lot issue is a concern...

In case anyone is concerned about this Scamp being on a consignment lot and not in our possession, we would like to clarify that the consignment arrangement with Spring Branch RV explicitly leaves us totally free to sell the Scamp ourselves at any time for our own price.There is no obligation to Spring Branch RV. Neither we nor the buyer would owe the consignment dealer anything.

We still hold the title to the Scamp and, should someone decide to purchase, we could fly over to Texas and meet the buyer in person to exchange the title and money.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. It's a great little Scamp and we'd really like to find it a good home!

Thanks!
Fran & Dave
Old 12-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #12

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp
New York and Texas
Is your Scamp still for sale.If so I will be in central Texas for the holidays and may stop and look at it.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #13

Registry
Yes, it is still available. By all means do stop by and take a look at it.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

If you prefer, you can send us a private message through this site and we can give you an email and/or phone number to contact us offline.

Thanks for your interest.

Fran and Dave
Old 12-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #14

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Rita')
Question on Scamp

Hi,
I was wondering, if I wanted to take out the bunks, and leave the dinette down for the bed, are there any tanks, wiring, etc. underneath the bottom bunk? Or is it all clear storage?
I was thinking of the possibility of trying to put a small chair, like a dinette chair, back in the corner behind bath ( I am small), and one across from it for seating.
Might that be an option?
Thanks,
Betty L.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #15

Registry
Hi Betty,
I think you could do that. We don't have the Scamp here at home so I cannot double check but we always stashed our sleeping bags and blankets in the 2 underbench compartments (reached by lifting the bottom cushion). And there is also a center space, with a door where other things were stored. It seemed like just open space under there - I don't remember running into anything.
I think it is a great idea for an adaptation. In fact I think I've seen something similar done by someone on the Scamp Yahoo Group. I know for sure that the bunks have been removed by others. If I can find the pictures I'll post the link....might take a little time to research it. You could also call Scamp and talk to them about it. But I think it is feasible.

Fran
Old 12-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #16

Name: sandy
Trailer: I am still looking for a nice fiberglass camper prefer casita or bigfoot 17-19ft in nice condition
Ohio
Is this still for sale? What is best price? Thanks!
Old 12-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #17

Registry
Yes, the Scamp is still for sale. I've sent you a private email.
Thanks!
Fran
Old 12-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #18

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran L View Post
Re: Interested buyer in AL
Hello,
Just wanted to be sure you received our reply to your inquiry the other day...I'm not really familiar with the messaging system and couldn't find a confirmation....
Thanks,
Fran & Dave
PS - Just in case you didn't, briefly, the Scamp weight is about 2000 lbs and we towed it with a Ford Range 4.0L V6 - basically the same engine as your Escape. No problem. We live outside Albuquerque but the trailer is in Spring Branch Texas on a trailer consignment lot (where we bought our replacement 5th wheel Scamp). We can sell the trailer for our price unless they sell it first for their price. In either case, the buyer would pick up the trailer in Texas.

Fran and Dave
While the 4.0L engine is not the same engine family as the Escape's 3.0L V6, You will find the Escape V6 to be a comfortable and competent mate for the Scamp16!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #19

Name: matt
Trailer: 1995 16' Scamp
Texas
contact

Hi Fran,

I'm interested in your scamp. How can I contact you?

matt
lubbock tx
Old 01-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #20

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Click on her name then "send private message" Take care.

Tags
scamp