For Sale: Bonair Oxygen fiberglass - Fiberglass RV


 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-14-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Steve Hammel's Avatar
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Hymer Touring GT
Loon Lake Wa. and Boulder City, Nv.
Posts: 1,847
Registry
Bonair Oxygen fiberglass

It is with a heavy heart that I am listing my 2002 Bonair Oxygen for sale. This awesome trailer is in great condition and needs nothing. Be prepared to deal with all the admirers that will appear wherever you go as it truly is a stunning fiberglass trailer. Only 77 of these were produced by the Bonair company in Quebec. They are very rare but parts for the mechanics and appliances are readily available off the shelf. I am asking 12,000 US. The trailer is located in Spokane Wa but I am heading to Las Vegas in the next week or two so if you want it delivered along the way that is a possibility. Steve





View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - Bonair Oxygen fiberglass


__________________

Steve Hammel is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Raspy's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: Black Series HQ19 on order
Smith Valley, Nevada
Posts: 1,821
Steve,

If you need a place to stop for the night, send me a PM. We are near Gardnerville, NV, in Wellington. Very easy to get from here to 95 south toward Las Vegas. We have full hookups and plenty of room.
__________________

__________________
I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt.
Raspy is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Steve Hammel's Avatar
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Hymer Touring GT
Loon Lake Wa. and Boulder City, Nv.
Posts: 1,847
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
Steve,

If you need a place to stop for the night, send me a PM. We are near Gardnerville, NV, in Wellington. Very easy to get from here to 95 south toward Las Vegas. We have full hookups and plenty of room.
Thanks, we usually come down through Montana on the 15 straight into Vegas. Of course making that trip at least twice a year for the past 20 plus years we have went every way you can imagine lol. I'm heading down to check on my property and deliver some stuff for my kid. I offered to deliver because I know how spread out fiberglass trailer folks are.
__________________
Previously Owned: Trillium 4500, Scamp 19', Bigfoot 17', Boler 17', Bonair Oxygen.
Steve Hammel is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
Member
 
julmar's Avatar
 
Name: julie
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Idaho
Posts: 83
Was this the one at dome rock? If so what a nice trailer.
julmar is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 05:48 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by julmar View Post
Was this the one at dome rock? If so what a nice trailer.
Saw it at Dash Point SAFE gathering. Definitely a nice trailer. As stated earlier, these are a work of art.
Dave Fish is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 06:28 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Steve Hammel's Avatar
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Hymer Touring GT
Loon Lake Wa. and Boulder City, Nv.
Posts: 1,847
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by julmar View Post
Was this the one at dome rock? If so what a nice trailer.
Yes we were at Quartzsite this year. The chilly weather there as well as 2 weeks of rain on a recent trip have played large parts in my decision to sell. When we got it it was for quick trips between our lake place in eastern Washington to our house in Boulder City. However my daughter got a job in Vegas and is borrowing our Vegas house for her and our 3 granddaughters. Funny how things change. Either we stay up north for the winter or we find something big enough to spend a few weeks in at a time. I love to help my child but it sure puts a crimp in things.
__________________
Previously Owned: Trillium 4500, Scamp 19', Bigfoot 17', Boler 17', Bonair Oxygen.
Steve Hammel is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Steve Hammel's Avatar
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Hymer Touring GT
Loon Lake Wa. and Boulder City, Nv.
Posts: 1,847
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
Saw it at Dash Point SAFE gathering. Definitely a nice trailer. As stated earlier, these are a work of art.
Thank you, I am still in awe of her every time I see her. A very sexy trailer.
__________________
Previously Owned: Trillium 4500, Scamp 19', Bigfoot 17', Boler 17', Bonair Oxygen.
Steve Hammel is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 07:29 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Kai in Seattle's Avatar
 
Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Posts: 2,567
Registry
Steve Hammel, my first reaction was, "No!" But I understand. Life changes.

What a beautiful little rare trailer...And really, "new" in comparison to a sticky. Only 17 years? In great shape. Both condition-wise and the trailer's shape, which is unique among trailers.


I sincerely hope your trip to LasVegas goes well, and that your sale goes equally well when you get a buyer.


Best to you. It was great meeting you (both & pups) and seeing your Oxygen at the Dash Point SAFE. Hope we cross paths again someday.

"K"
Kathleen & Paul
Kai in Seattle
__________________
Semper ubi sub ubi.
Kai in Seattle is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 07:39 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Posts: 2,593
Registry
Should sell fast. Interested buyers need to be in contact now.
thrifty bill is online now  
Old 06-16-2019, 08:27 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Steve Hammel's Avatar
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Hymer Touring GT
Loon Lake Wa. and Boulder City, Nv.
Posts: 1,847
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Steve Hammel, my first reaction was, "No!" But I understand. Life changes.

What a beautiful little rare trailer...And really, "new" in comparison to a sticky. Only 17 years? In great shape. Both condition-wise and the trailer's shape, which is unique among trailers.


I sincerely hope your trip to LasVegas goes well, and that your sale goes equally well when you get a buyer.


Best to you. It was great meeting you (both & pups) and seeing your Oxygen at the Dash Point SAFE. Hope we cross paths again someday.

"K"
Kathleen & Paul
Kai in Seattle
Thanks Kai, We'll still be around just in a bigger, fancier more comfortable, not as easy to tow trailer. Hopefully whoever buys it will still attend rallies to show her off.
__________________
Previously Owned: Trillium 4500, Scamp 19', Bigfoot 17', Boler 17', Bonair Oxygen.
Steve Hammel is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 08:32 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Steve Hammel's Avatar
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Hymer Touring GT
Loon Lake Wa. and Boulder City, Nv.
Posts: 1,847
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Should sell fast. Interested buyers need to be in contact now.
I hope so. It pains me to go through the process. Our problem isn't so much the funds we just don't have the room for a classic finned boat, a pontoon boat, numerous wheeled toys and a trailer. If I had the room I'd keep her. Maybe we could have a Northern Trailer and a Southern Trailer lol.
__________________
Previously Owned: Trillium 4500, Scamp 19', Bigfoot 17', Boler 17', Bonair Oxygen.
Steve Hammel is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 08:30 PM   #12
Member
 
Name: john
Trailer: Oxygen by Bonair
British Columbia
Posts: 30
the Club

Steve , you are bailing on the Oxygen Club !!!!!!! Our trailers are incredible ... roomy, light weight .... wonderful design... very towable even with a 2010 ford escape ......... AND, the paintjob on your Oxygen makes it even more unique ......... hope to see you around.. john
Corbett Road is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 09:09 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Steve Hammel's Avatar
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Hymer Touring GT
Loon Lake Wa. and Boulder City, Nv.
Posts: 1,847
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbett Road View Post
Steve , you are bailing on the Oxygen Club !!!!!!! Our trailers are incredible ... roomy, light weight .... wonderful design... very towable even with a 2010 ford escape ......... AND, the paintjob on your Oxygen makes it even more unique ......... hope to see you around.. john
LOL, you are right. Believe me I have lots of second thoughts.
__________________
Previously Owned: Trillium 4500, Scamp 19', Bigfoot 17', Boler 17', Bonair Oxygen.
Steve Hammel is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:35 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Dudley's Avatar
 
Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Posts: 738
Registry
Saw one in Nova Scotia last year, very interesting design!
Dudley is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 09:25 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Name: Koren
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Posts: 24
OMG you have my dream machine! LOVE the Oxygen! Any chance you want to trade for a 1999 16' Scamp?
mswhipp is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 09:46 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Steve Hammel's Avatar
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Hymer Touring GT
Loon Lake Wa. and Boulder City, Nv.
Posts: 1,847
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhipp View Post
OMG you have my dream machine! LOVE the Oxygen! Any chance you want to trade for a 1999 16' Scamp?
Thanks. LOL I think you know the answer to that. I had a Scamp and they fit my needs even less than the Oxygen.

If you had a really clean 21' Bigfoot I might think about it.
__________________
Previously Owned: Trillium 4500, Scamp 19', Bigfoot 17', Boler 17', Bonair Oxygen.
Steve Hammel is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 11:59 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Raspy's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: Black Series HQ19 on order
Smith Valley, Nevada
Posts: 1,821
Steve,

It's tricky when something so cool, and something we get so attached to, and something we won't be able to replace, does not serve the function we need from it. Function and art are best when working together, but conflicting when they don't. I have a number of things that have no practical value for me, but that I won't let go of because they are unique in some way.
For instance, I have a lot of old mechanical clocks, but they sit on the wall unwound because I look at the digital clock for the information I need. I just sold a 700 Raptor that was in perfect condition and very fun to ride, but it sat most of the time as I took the Jeep to go off road. I have a delightful old Mercedes 300 SD diesel in remarkable condition and low miles. It will be gone soon to. As cool as it is, I just don't use it. Funny too, when things like those leave, I hardly ever miss them. Not having to maintain them, and not having the clutter, has a lot of value in itself. I feel just a bit more free each time I check one of those things off the list.
__________________
I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt.
Raspy is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Steve Hammel's Avatar
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Hymer Touring GT
Loon Lake Wa. and Boulder City, Nv.
Posts: 1,847
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
Steve,

It's tricky when something so cool, and something we get so attached to, and something we won't be able to replace, does not serve the function we need from it. Function and art are best when working together, but conflicting when they don't. I have a number of things that have no practical value for me, but that I won't let go of because they are unique in some way.
For instance, I have a lot of old mechanical clocks, but they sit on the wall unwound because I look at the digital clock for the information I need. I just sold a 700 Raptor that was in perfect condition and very fun to ride, but it sat most of the time as I took the Jeep to go off road. I have a delightful old Mercedes 300 SD diesel in remarkable condition and low miles. It will be gone soon to. As cool as it is, I just don't use it. Funny too, when things like those leave, I hardly ever miss them. Not having to maintain them, and not having the clutter, has a lot of value in itself. I feel just a bit more free each time I check one of those things off the list.
You are so right. Plus my brother passed from agent orange complications 4 years ago, both of my parents passed last spring and my Sis just passed yesterday after fighting cancer for the past couple years. We were a lifer Army family and moved every 2 years. Growing up we were never allowed to accumulate stuff. As I've aged I've become somewhat of a hoarder lol. Everything I see that I want I buy. Now I'm kind of in a contemplative mood. If my wife would enjoy our trips better in a more comfortable trailer I'm going to try and do that for her.
__________________
Previously Owned: Trillium 4500, Scamp 19', Bigfoot 17', Boler 17', Bonair Oxygen.
Steve Hammel is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Raspy's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: Black Series HQ19 on order
Smith Valley, Nevada
Posts: 1,821
Steve,

I'm with you on being more comfortable. At some point, I don't need to get out and change the world, or put up with discomfort, just so that I can travel or camp. If your wife has an easier and more comfortable trip, she'll have more fun and want to go more. Now, for me, making trips fun and easy is the way to go. I do minimal planning, we do lots of spur of the moment activities, no marathon driving days unless we have decided to take the next day off, and we enjoy spending time in the trailer, as well as out sightseeing. I enjoy tinkering with the systems and making small improvements.

Us making this change seems odd too. Giving up an Oliver! But finding something that suits us a bit better, or will be more fun, or will open the door to longer, more comfortable trips, or trips to places that are difficult for the Oliver to get to, are all good things.

For us, the HQ19 offers the best of both worlds. It is a luxury apartment, like and Airstream, sitting on a heavy duty chassis with independent, off road suspension. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but if it opens more possibilities and makes trips better, it is better.

Having said all of that, a little bit of doubt is slowing my progress at getting it ready to sell. But I can hardly wait for the new one! Sheesh.

And, it's becoming abundantly clear that we don't have forever. It may sound a bit morbid, but one of my old cousins used to say: "I don't buy green bananas." Not sure what his take was on eating dessert first.

Sorry for your recent losses.
__________________
I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt.
Raspy is offline  
Old 06-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Name: Marian
Trailer: Former Casita
California
Posts: 1
Steve,
What model is it? I know you mentioned length of 19' but is that hitch to bumper or the box?
Also, what appliances does it have? Specifically, heat and a/c?
Thanks,
Marian
__________________

MarianAl is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shower for Bonair Oxygen Legacy Posts Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 22 08-02-2018 05:15 PM
Just purchased '02 Bonair Oxygen Trevor and Tracy General Chat 47 07-19-2007 08:55 AM
Has anyone installed a furnace in a Bonair Oxygen?? josh Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 01-05-2007 01:38 PM
oxygen by bonair Legacy Posts Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 29 12-26-2002 11:44 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
×