Burro Ice Box Free - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp (fits in my Garage...Yeah)
Hey

I replaced my icebox for a fridge...I dont want to throw it away...so if anybody wants it
let me know.........

its off an 83 Burro

Jim
Old 09-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #2

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Registry
Jim,

I have a 2000 Burro with an icebox. I'd like to replace it with a fridge too. Which make and model did you choose for your replacement.

Dennis

Quote:
Hey

I replaced my icebox for a fridge...I dont want to throw it away...so if anybody wants it
let me know.........

its off an 83 Burro

Jim
Old 09-07-2006, 11:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Jim,

I have a 2000 Burro with an icebox. I'd like to replace it with a fridge too. Which make and model did you choose for your replacement.

Dennis

I got a chefmate thermo electric 1.7 cu from Target for 55.00 it has a white led light which is really cool at night

it works great ...inside the burro it has some issues..I am going to install some ventilation for it and will report back on how it does....it only consumes 70 watts of power. I will be framing it in to make it look custom...and with my future solar/wind setup I hope to be able to run it off the grid. when its frammed up..I will snap some pictues of it...
Old 09-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Registry
Quote:
I got a chefmate thermo electric 1.7 cu from Target for 55.00 it has a white led light which is really cool at night

it works great ...inside the burro it has some issues..I am going to install some ventilation for it and will report back on how it does....it only consumes 70 watts of power. I will be framing it in to make it look custom...and with my future solar/wind setup I hope to be able to run it off the grid. when its frammed up..I will snap some pictues of it...
Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really interested in your post about the ventation solution. This is really an inexpensive alternative to the three-way refrigerator, and I usually camp on the "grid"

Dennis
Old 10-08-2006, 06:45 AM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul
Quote:
Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really interested in your post about the ventation solution. This is really an inexpensive alternative to the three-way refrigerator, and I usually camp on the "grid"

Dennis
i have a 13 u-haul but my problem is how to mount the new fridg and ya i have an old ice box that i dont want to toss either.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #6

Well on cool days the fridge works great.....

I just bought a round dryer vent 5 inch and plan to place this behind the fridge to increase ventilation... I got this 12 volt fan... and have it plugged into a 5 watt solar panel and plan on having that hooked up as well for very hot days...the cord goes through the electrical plug hole...and I attach the solar panel to the rig with suction cups...so I can move it if needed....

the old ice box has a wood support for a bottom that is attached to the floor....

so I put a strap from my truck around the fridge and the base and tightened and it is not moving anywhere

the fridge has a drain that leads to a plastic plate on the bottom....

I took the plate off ..enlarged the hole and attached the ice boxes drain to the plate..and then screwed the plate to the wooden support....then slid the fridge back in

I tested the drain and it exits the rig and does not leak...So in a pinch I can use this as an ice box too...cool

I am adding a 300 watt power invertor and plan on using this off the grid...or while transporting. hopefully in the near distant future I will be total solar...

I will then make a frame around the fridge to cover up the hack job I made enlarging the hole....

Too many projects....but I am doing it myself and having a blast
Old 10-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #7

Trailer: Burro 14 ft Widebody
Quote:
Hey

let me know.........

its off an 83 Burro

Jim
Jim,
Do you still have this ice box? If so do you have dimensions and an approx. weight for shipping purposes? Im looking to install in a 1999 Burro widebody that had some "improvements" done on it.
Thanks Much,
Chuck T.

Tags
burro