OR Classic American Dream Trailer (Trailorboat Replica) $7,800 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Paul
Trailer: Trailorboat
Oregon
Classic American Dream Trailer (Trailorboat Replica) $7,800

Dear friends,
We are happy to officially share with you the Classic American Dream Trailer. It took 3 fantastic years and 3 fantastic trailers to get to this point and we are so proud of every single one. Every customer has had different dreams and we love to hear and build them. Each future trailer will start with this base design with a base price of $7,800. This includes the boat, oars, oarlocks, mattress, curtains, coupler lock, stabilizer jack and wheel chocks. The trailer weighs less than 700lbs and rides on a 2000lbs capacity axle so they can be towed with just about any vehicle. The frame is roughly 4’x8’ and the mattress can be folded into a couch to hide from the rain. This trailer is built with the highest standards and looks perfect from any angle. The color is called Aquamist and it looks amazing. We can make any color of the rainbow and are so excited to do a two-tone tangerine and white trailer for our next project.
You can see more photos here:
The American Dream Trailer Company | Facebook
AmericanDreamTrailers.com
Thanks for looking and sharing with everyone. We hope to see you at future gatherings across the country.
Your friend,
-Paul
Attached Thumbnails
20130223_161837_1.jpg   20130223_163840.jpg  

20130223_163932.jpg   20130223_164040.jpg  

20130223_162010_6.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Looks like a very nice design. I especially like the little crank out window. Having never looked at one of these, I have to wonder what is exposed whn you take the boat off? Is the camper still weathertight?
Old 02-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Looks like a very nice design. I especially like the little crank out window. Having never looked at one of these, I have to wonder what is exposed when you take the boat off? Is the camper still weathertight?
I think the top is double like this:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post224209
Old 02-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #4

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Oops, spoke too soon. So taken by condition, i didn't read. Still a beautiful execution of a teardrop alternative. Just bee you tee full!!!

jack
Old 02-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Looks like a very nice design. I especially like the little crank out window. Having never looked at one of these, I have to wonder what is exposed whn you take the boat off? Is the camper still weathertight?
Hi Pam,
Thanks for asking. Yes the trailer is watertight and lockable with and without the boat. Below is a photo of a past project with the boat off. This is very important if it starts to rain when you are out on the lake (especially here in Oregon). It was important for us to build an exact replica of the original Trailorboat. The windows were by far the hardest part to copy. I'm glad you like them.
-P
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer 2.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Rain in Oregon??? Hodathunkit!!!

BTW: Paul, what's delivery time, weight and base price....

Old 02-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Rain in Oregon??? Hodathunkit!!!

BTW: Paul, what's delivery time, weight and base price....
Hi Bob,
The first trailer took 2 years to build! Crazy? We wanted to do it right and had to find fantastic people to help us do so. The process is down to about 5 weeks but we are getting even faster. We are anticipating a busy summer and have been asked to be a featured vendor at the RV show here in the fall. Very exciting. The weight is around 650 lbs and they start at $7,800.
Thanks,
-P