Coleman Roadtrip gas grill - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2018, 10:24 AM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
Coleman Roadtrip gas grill

Hello:
I am looking at the Coleman Roadtrip Gas Grill. It looks like a good grill for camping. If anyone out there is using one I would be very interested in their opinion this product, please tell me your pros and cons.
Tom Moquin
Casita 16'
Old 02-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
M_C

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp
California
Excellent grill

I've been using mine for about 1 year, it works great. I can't think of any cons.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:26 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We bought our daughter the red Roadtrip that has the scissor type folding legs. Then we bought the newer blue model (also available in black??) that has the separate base with folding legs. The blue one has the removable drip pan which is nice for cleaning it. Coleman recommends to put a little water in the pan to catch grease drippings. As I recall the blue one came with cast aluminum cooking grates /griddle which we like better than the cast iron ones. I don't remember which cook grates came with it but we have the flat solid griddle, the slotted grill piece, and the circular cook grate. Rather than using the legs we set the grill on a folding camp table that has a bottom shelf and side shelfs that are larger than what comes with the grill base. Only problem we had was that one time the flame backfired out by the control panel and melted part of it and the igniter. Coleman sent us a whole new complete grill. I then ordered the parts and fixed the old one and gave it to our daughter. In general we are happy with the grill.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:10 AM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
Coleman Roadtrip Grill

Thanks for your response. Ok, I'm going to pick one up.
Tom ;-)
Old 02-27-2018, 04:04 PM   #5

Name: Al
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Pennsylvania
I have the blue model. Have used it for a number of years. It came with the grill and a griddle. I purchased an additional grill for more steaks/burgers/etc. I also purchased two of the stove burner attachments: I use it as a two burner stove or a grill, so I don't have to carry a separate stove with me.

Al
Old 03-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #6

Name: Glenn
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Georgia
We’ve been using the red one for a couple of years. It works ok as a grill, but literally not so hot as a stove. Takes forever to boil water, and just doesn’t get hot enough for some things.