Dahon Folding bikes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
Dahon Folding bikes

We have two Dahon folding bikes to sell. They are single speed w/Bendix brakes plus hand brake. Like new, used only three times - all manuals included! We are listing them on Craig's list Monday, but wanted to give our friends the first chance. CW has what appears to be the same bike under the Adventurer name on sale now for over $150. We want $75 each. Shipping and packaging is an unknown, but if anyone is interested and going to the Nog, I will bring them.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #2

Add pic
Attached Thumbnails
100_1761.jpg  
Old 09-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I just thought I would pipe in and mention that I have had a similar Dahon folding bike for close to 10 years (mine is a "Mariner" and has 6 speeds but otherwise they look similar). I love mine. It literally takes about 10 seconds to go from folded to operational, and requires no tools and no great hand strength - you don't even need gloves.

While no-one is going to mistake them for touring bikes with 26" wheels when riding, I find mine quite enjoyable to ride, and have gone many miles with it. An added bonus is the ability to quickly stuff it into a car trunk (say you meet up with someone who offers you a ride, or you decide to take a taxi home with supplies or etc.).

Dahon also makes storage bags/backpacks; I have one but don't use it too often.

Raya
Old 09-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We have Dahon Boardwalks and love them. They tuck nicely into the UHaul or our Eurovan. I even threw mine into my New Beetle. Now we don't have to worry about how to open the back door of the Eurovan when the bike rack is attached.
And besides, now I can be one of the snobs on the folding bike forum, because I have the right company. My previous folding bike was a knock-off.

CindyL
Old 09-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Re: Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith and Dee D View Post
We have two Dahon folding bikes to sell. They are single speed w/Bendix brakes plus hand brake. Like new, used only three times - all manuals included! We are listing them on Craig's list Monday, but wanted to give our friends the first chance. CW has what appears to be the same bike under the Adventurer name on sale now for over $150. We want $75 each. Shipping and packaging is an unknown, but if anyone is interested and going to the Nog, I will bring them.
Hi Keith and Dee,
We would like to buy both of your bikes and we will be at the Waterloo NOG in a few days. Will try to PM you.
Deb
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #6

Sold

Hi, Deb and Chuck bought the bikes. Thanks Raya and CindyL for your comments. Geesh! where were you guys when I was in business! Keith
Old 09-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Keith, I thought you were in the trailer business... how many have you and Dee owned now