Fiberglass Trailer Project $800 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Scamp identifies STANDARD interiors with RED decals, and DELUXE (wood) interiors with GOLD decals.
But [b]all of their decals say "Scamp".
Not necessarily Frederick. I have a Deluxe and it's got Red decals right from the factory. It's my understanding a trailer can be ordered with either one. When the factory is building trailers for stock, they follow the rules you've mentioned. When making their own decisions however most folks choose the gold for the deluxe, because they want everyone to know they've got a deluxe. Frankly I don't care, in fact I wish my decals were [b]blue And maybe one day they will be!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #22

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
It's hard to see well enough to say for sure, but the taillights don't look like the inset, Boler-type ones (which are what really endeared the Boler to me - I just love the taillights )

I guess someone is going to have to go look at it, just to satisfy our curiosity

R.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #23

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Arrow

Quote:
Not necessarily Frederick. I have a Deluxe and it's got Red decals right from the factory.

It's my understanding a trailer can be ordered with either one.
You and Nancy (Standard 5er with GOLD decals) are the exceptions to the rule!

I'm sticking to my story that this gold band is a mod!

I've seen Scamps with the jalousie window in the door, and surface mounted tail lights say "Scamp" to me as well.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #24

It's my understanding that Boler changed at sometime from the frenched tailights to surface mounts? I think the solution can be found by looking at the hinges on the door. Are they two bolt (Boler) or three bolt (Scamp)??? I can't get a clear enough picture to tell. Wonder if that gold stripe is paint or decal? Maybe someone was trying to match Rally stripes on a car?
Old 03-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #25

I thought it was that the very early Bolers had surface -mount taillights and then they went to recessed for the rest of the run(s).

Almost looks like the added stripe goes right over the belly band, but as you say, the photo is too low-grade to see much detail.

How to get lots of attention for your project trailer ad: Mystify/intrigue fans who want to know what brand it is for sure
Old 03-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #26

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
The paint is the best part! It looks shiny in the pictures, I'll bet Donna is right about it being painted to match some stripes on a car. I actually like the stripes!
Old 03-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #27

By the way, here is a picture of an (alleged) 1971 Boler, showing the surface-mounted taillights:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boler_1971.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	18640

It also shows what I think of as the earlier door handle style; that is, a lever instead of the inset "Bargman" type door handle.

(Of course you can't tell much about the taillights OR the handle on the trailer in question. Not that that stops us from speculating
Old 03-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #28

humm as far as I know, Scamp has always bolted the spare through the back wall. Rather than on a support off the bumper.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #29

Am I missing some photos of this mystery trailer? I can't see the spare tire or the taillights on it

(Not that it applies to this project trailer, but since you mentioned it, my Boler's spare is mounted from the back bumper (looks like a home-made mount); there is no evidence it was ever mounted to the body)

Edited to add: Oh looky - here's that door window! While perusing the archives I ran across member Mary M.'s Scamp named "Crunch":

Name:	Crunch_Mary_M__s_Scamp.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	18646
Old 03-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #30

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Good find Raya! Now we need to determine the year.

Not seeing the tail light is a clue on its own. I think the little bump on the one pic must be the water fill. Scamp liked the back curbside corner for that.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:49 AM   #31

Brings out the sleuth in us, doesn't it?

I wonderd about that little "bump" on the rear, passenger-side corner. Didn't really look like a taillight, and I think license plate holders are typically on the other side. It sure does look like one of those little "cup style" water fills, now that you mention it.

I don't see where Mary ever mentioned the year of her trailer (shown above, named "Crunch"), but I think April Wilcox's Scamp has the same door window, and hers is an '83

Door window in April's 1983 Scamp:

Name:	April_Scamp_door.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	18648

Actually, there was some question whether April's was a Scamp, but lacking any evidence to the contrary (and I think the sellers either said or the title said it was a Scamp) I think it was deemed a Scamp. Wouldn't hold up in court though I also noticed when retrieving this door photo that it has what I think of as the Scamp-style "escape hatch" in the roof - not sure if any other brand used that or not. (April, I hope you don't mind us using your trailer for evidence )