NC for sale:1985 U-Haul ct-13 $3000.00 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: U-Haul CT-13
North Carolina
for sale:1985 U-Haul ct-13 $3000.00

Hi all.
My family has decided we would like a larger unit. So, we would like to sell our 1985 U-Haul ct13. I would estimate the camper as 95% original. Everything is there. I tried to use the furnace once, but it failed to light. All the pieces are there, and in good condition. I know there is a dirt daubers nest in one of the pipes going into the furnace from the outside vent. The water system all works without leaks. It has a new three speed vent fan in the top, (from camping world), It has new 6 ply tires on it with about 300 miles on them. The battery is dead, and I don't think it will hold a charge. We just plug in the camper at the campsite, and everything works. The gas stove could be used, but really needs restoration or replaced. We have camped in this camper in heavy downpours, and the windows have not leaked. We have the table, but we don't use it. The table has a chipped place on one edge where it turns down. The leg for the table is made out of PVC pipe. I made a shorter leg out of PVC pipe to support the bed. I have a piece of 3/4" waferboard that I use for the bed instaed of the table. It has home made curtains in it with a bear print on them. The cushions all look original, but have a few stains. There are no tears in the cushions. The front window gaurd has a hinge in need of repair on one side. The flooring is brown indoor/outdoor carpet. Recently washed and waxed. It has a rockgaurd on the front made from Duplicolor Bed Armor. It stops just under the corner marker lights. It has the bunks in the front. It sleeps four. I recently put on new center seam trim.
Attached Thumbnails
SDC11698.JPG   DSC05805.JPG  

DSC05808.JPG   SDC11702.JPG  

Old 11-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #2

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in NC
Hi all.
My family has decided we would like a larger unit. So, we would like to sell our 1985 U-Haul ct13. I would estimate the camper as 95% original. Everything is there. I tried to use the furnace once, but it failed to light. All the pieces are there, and in good condition. I know there is a dirt daubers nest in one of the pipes going into the furnace from the outside vent. The water system all works without leaks. It has a new three speed vent fan in the top, (from camping world), It has new 6 ply tires on it with about 300 miles on them. The battery is dead, and I don't think it will hold a charge. We just plug in the camper at the campsite, and everything works. The gas stove could be used, but really needs restoration or replaced. We have camped in this camper in heavy downpours, and the windows have not leaked. We have the table, but we don't use it. The table has a chipped place on one edge where it turns down. The leg for the table is made out of PVC pipe. I made a shorter leg out of PVC pipe to support the bed. I have a piece of 3/4" waferboard that I use for the bed instaed of the table. It has home made curtains in it with a bear print on them. The cushions all look original, but have a few stains. There are no tears in the cushions. The front window gaurd has a hinge in need of repair on one side. The flooring is brown indoor/outdoor carpet. Recently washed and waxed. It has a rockgaurd on the front made from Duplicolor Bed Armor. It stops just under the corner marker lights. It has the bunks in the front. It sleeps four. I recently put on new center seam trim.
Hi Mike in NC. Interested, does it have a bathroom?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #3

North Carolina
Hi Jane.
No, unfortunately it doesn't have a bathroom. It's a table/bed in the back, bunks/couch in the front, stove and sink on the left side, and cabinet and furnace on the right side. Storage under the bunks, and rear bed, and above the sink and stove. The camper is currently tagged, and we camped in it the last week in October of this year.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Plenty of ideas for adding a shower to the 13' ones on this forum.

CindyL
Old 11-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Also, the space under the front bunk/table can hold a Porta-Potti.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1996 16' Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
I am interested in this. Is it sold yet? I'm new to this "world". What size is the largest bed?
Old 11-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #7

North Carolina
This camper has not been sold yet. This is the only place that I have advertised it. The largest bed is about a queen size.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #8

Louisiana
Registry
Mike- I'm still interested in this, however, I found one that is 400 miles closer (1-way). I haven't received a reply from them and it may be sold already. I just wanted to be honest from the get-go.
900 miles in a long way to go. So, if you have any other bites- go for it!
If I don't hear from the other guy soon , I'll give you a call as soon as my Westy sells (that should be tomorrow). It was good talking to you. I can tell you are an honest person and I want to be the known the same.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #9

North Carolina
Hi Mike.
Ok. No problem. I have a man in Ashe county NC interested too, and he's asking for pictures also. I sent you 32 new pictures of the camper, but I realized this morning that i made a small spelling error in your e-mail address. I will re-send them. I try to be honest with everything I do. I would hate for you to travel a long way and be disapointed. It wouldn't benefit either of us. Just let me know. Thanks again.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #10

Louisiana
Registry
Mike, I still would like those pics, just in case you don't sell it to the other guy. I still have another "windfall" coming soon. I just don't know how soon. I also put my
'74 Westfalia on ebay because the guy backed out of the deal- DANG!
Here's a link to my add if you know anyone interested (it does have a fiberglass top-LOL)
Volkswagen : Bus/Vanagon Volkswagen : Bus/Vanagon - eBay (item 260904178393 end time Dec-05-11 08:52:38 PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in NC View Post
Hi Mike.
Ok. No problem. I have a man in Ashe county NC interested too, and he's asking for pictures also. I sent you 32 new pictures of the camper, but I realized this morning that i made a small spelling error in your e-mail address. I will re-send them. I try to be honest with everything I do. I would hate for you to travel a long way and be disapointed. It wouldn't benefit either of us. Just let me know. Thanks again.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #11

North Carolina
Hi Mike.
Cool VW! I especially like the red and white box on the backseat! It's in really good shape. My U-Haul will most likely have a new owner on Wednesday. Nobody seems to be getting the pictures I'm sending of the camper, so I will try to post some on here.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #12

North Carolina
pictures of the '85 U-Haul

Here are a few pictures of it.
Attached Thumbnails
SDC11808.JPG   SDC11809.jpg  

SDC11810.JPG   SDC11815.JPG  

Old 11-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #13

North Carolina
A couple inside pictures

Here is a couple inside.
Attached Thumbnails
SDC11819.jpg   SDC11820.JPG  

SDC11844.JPG   SDC11857.JPG  

Old 11-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #14

North Carolina
piece I made for the bed

Here is the piece I made for the bed.
Attached Thumbnails
SDC11839.JPG   SDC11843.JPG  

Old 11-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #15

Louisiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in NC View Post
Here is the piece I made for the bed.
I'm sure the new owner will love it! I'm glad a little that you sold it! If he tries to make you come down on the price just say "no"! and I'll come get it as soon as I can. (my other "buy" never contacted me).
Old 11-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #16

North Carolina
Mike. Really sorry that you missed out. The person that is buying it is actually the first person that contacted me about it. If for some reason that it doesn't go through, I'll let you know. I will also post as soon as it is sold.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #17

North Carolina
My 1985 U-Haul CT-13 has been sold to another member of fiberglassrv. Thank you fiberglassrv! I hope the new owners enjoy it as much as we have. They were wonderful people, and we truly enjoyed meeting them.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #18

Louisiana
Registry
I'm glad you sold it Mike!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #19

North Carolina
Thanks Mike.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #20

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Congrats! Anxiously waiting for the new owners to show off their purchase!

CindyL

Tags
u-haul