iWave Cube Personal Microwave - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
iWave Cube Personal Microwave

I posted a while back about looking for a small portable microwave. I was in Office Depot this morning and saw they have 600W iWave Cube microwaves for just under $100.

I think the Office Depot sale runs through the end of the year. I am not sure if it's on their website as well.

Here's a link to somebody else's review because it has more details. I haven't bought one (yet/maybe?)

iwave cube Portable Microwave

Here are the relevant specs from the box
  • 12 lbs
  • 120V operation
  • box says 10x10.5 footprint, occupies less than 1 cubic foot of space, but lisOffice Depot lists exterior dimensions as (14Hx12Wx13D)
  • handle on top for carrying
  • 600 watts
  • 1 year warranty, 4y on the magnetron
Old 12-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
If you find a used Half Pint, that is what we use. It fits nicely in the VT closet where we keep it. We actually have a spare but the spinning tray does not work anymore.

CindyL
Old 12-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
I have a silver Iwave Cube-have used it only for camping. I really like it-although it has no turn table. I also have a Sharp Half Pint. I like the Iwave Cube because it has a handle and is smaller than the Half Pint.

I paid $99 for mine-ordered from the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
I posted a while back about looking for a small portable microwave. I was in Office Depot this morning and saw they have 600W iWave Cube microwaves for just under $100.

I think the Office Depot sale runs through the end of the year. I am not sure if it's on their website as well.

Here's a link to somebody else's review because it has more details. I haven't bought one (yet/maybe?)

iwave cube Portable Microwave

Here are the relevant specs from the box
  • 12 lbs
  • 120V operation
  • box says 10x10.5 footprint, occupies less than 1 cubic foot of space, but lisOffice Depot lists exterior dimensions as (14Hx12Wx13D)
  • handle on top for carrying
  • 600 watts
  • 1 year warranty, 4y on the magnetron
Old 12-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I had an iWave in my 17 ft Burro. The novelty factor was great, but in actual practice for a full timer, it was pretty much a space waster.

Don't get me wrong, it did all it said it would do, however, I could heat up soup FASTER on the propane stove than in the nuker. It is just not very powerful. Since I rarely have hook ups, I have to do it that way anyway. I let it go with the trailer when I sold it. I don't miss it.

It did well with reheating coffee or anything that was "Clear" (No solids) but it was also physically so small that even trying to do a quicky premade lunch in it was not doable.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #5

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I too saw this in an Office Depot and I was surprised at just how tiny it is.
It looked like a bag of popcorn would be too large for it to me?
Add that to the price and I saw no practical application for it for me.
It is rated at 600 watts too.

As a contrast I paid $59.00 for a Stainless Steel GE full power but smaller unit that sits in the Casita or Scamp spot perfectly with room on the sides to vent too.

Interesting concept but not very practical was my final thought.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
The reviewer at the link provided above had the same concern, but the popcorn fit fine and he included a photo.

Regards,

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
iwavecube-8.jpg  
Old 12-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I guess it is what you need. We use the microwave extensively when we camp (We always look for electricity.), so a microwave that small would not work for us. On the other hand, I have not found one that fits into the closet where we keep our microwave other than the Half Pint that is no longer being made in the version we have. I watched ebay to replace ours whose turntable quit (You can get the parts though; it would have been cheaper to fix it, but we needed a replacement before we could get the turntable.). It seems as if they are like fiberglass trailers; they do not drop in price. They fit perfectly and have a flat top, so I can store things on top of it too.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Screen shot 2010-12-26 at 6.47.49 PM.jpg  

Tags
half pint, microwave