Lets trade even up your camper, my boat - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #1

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: Selling this one
West Virginia
Lets trade even up your camper, my boat

We have a 2012 Little River Boat by Aqua Craft. Only used 5 times. Comes with a factory canopy, and electric motor and battery. We need a camper but not the boat. This is a show stopper, people always check it out and make comments when we take it out. Perfect for people with balance problems. This boat was designed to handle a 9.9 motor but we never got one. We have it valued at $3995. Will trade even up for your clean, camper with a toilet and shower. Sink, ref. stove, ac,. Prefer a 16-18 footer. We can meet you half way and trade if you like. Call 304-488-5212
Old 07-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
to the Forum Marilyn...........
got pics?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #3

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
It's a pontoon boat. Here's a link to mfr.'s site

Does it come with a trailer, Marilyn?

Francesca
Old 07-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Gotta tell ya, don't expect much in an FGRV, 16'-18' long, with a toilet and shower, with a value under $4000. Right now I can't think of anything that meets those specs in that price range short of a total project.
I think you need to ask on the Stick-built sites.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
My thoughts are the same as Bob's, But wanted to say Welcome! Glad you joined us....

Unfortunately for you, 30/40 year old glass trailers tend to sell for at or above your asking price. Of course deals fall in people's laps sometimes. I just hate for you to get your hopes up. Good luck!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
It's a pontoon boat. Here's a link to mfr.'s site

Does it come with a trailer, Marilyn?

Francesca
Thanks Francesca. My eyes saw, but my mind only registered river boat.

I looked at those a couple years ago.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #7

West Virginia
I am having some problems ..I have pictures of this boat. How do I post them on here?
Also, my husband said that although the trailer is not a factory built one he would let it go for the right amount in addition to the value of the boat.
I realize that it might not be easy to find a fg trailer but they are out there. I do not know how much it costs to maintain one. Never had one before but always had interest in one.
The boat is made by Aqua Craft our of Wisc. We bought the boat last year and it has been covered since. We only used it 5 times. The new electric motor and battery comes with it. This is more than a mini pontoon, it is considered a fishing boat, a swim dock, a flat bottom pontoon that is very stable, It attracts alot of attention when we took her out. We considered the cost going and getting it and bringing it home versus $500 shipping fee. We live in West Virginia, across the river from Marietta. It is a fun boat and we enjoyed it but desperately need a camper trailer. I travel to speak and sing in churches and at various org. including camp meetings, revivals and we also sell cedar log homes and need it to set up our display at outdoor trade shows and fairs, events. There is nothing wrong with the boat.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #8

Registry
To post pictures, click on "go advanced" at the bottom of this page.

Another page will open up, at the bottom of which will be a "manage attachments" button.

Click on that, and a little box will open that will allow you to plug in pics from your computer.

Francesca
Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #9

West Virginia
I did not know how to post them.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #10

West Virginia
Lets Trade my boat for your fb camper.

Ok, thanks...I finally figured it out. Here are the picaturs of the boat up for trade.
Attached Thumbnails
256.jpg   257.jpg  

268.jpg  
Old 07-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #11

Trailer: 2007 Casita
And wa, laa! You did it!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #12

West Virginia
Trading this boat for your fg camper even up.

This boat is more than a pontoon. It is very stable, flat bottom and can be used as a swim dock, fishing boat, just crusin the river or lake. Check them out on Aqua Craft, Inc. This boat was only used 5 times. We need a camper more than we need the boat. I do like it because I have a balance problem, but this boat is steady.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #13

West Virginia
I tried to go back and correct my mispelled words but I guess they will understand what I meant. Thanks for helping me. I am new to this.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #14

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Good luck, Marilyn. You might have to go to boot on that trade. I see you're staring at the mouth of the Muskingum. Beautiful park in Marietta, never been on the WVA side.

jack
Old 07-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #15

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
To get and idea of current pricing, and see a wide range of FGRV's for sale, take a look here: Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

Connecting with sellers might help you hook a fish in need of a boat!

BTW: My Dads family settled in the Cass area in the early 1800's, and some are still there.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #16

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If I were you, if you haven't already, consider running an ad on Craiglist in your area. Unless you are absolutely certain that you only want the fiberglass egg type trailer, I would consider any smaller trailer. The fiberglass eggs are very small, small beds and bath area and with my husband being 6'2" our choices if we want to be comfortable at all are limited especially in the older units. Just some things to consider. Also, how much of a fixer-upper would you consider? I check Craiglist in different areas and try to post what I find in the "Referrals". As it comes closer to winter, someone might be more apt to trade if they are wanting to get rid of the trailer before winter. Hope you find a deal!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #17

West Virginia
Ok, folks I can take the hint. Seems to me that those who have these eggs are trying to discourage me and looks like that some of you buy more than you use to resell and make money. I got it. You even say they are uncomfortable, too expensive. etc. You can talk about this post at your next egg round up with hot dog in hand. I am not discouraged though, I will find a camper, although it might be a "stick" one as it looks like you all want me to get. See you round the next bend in the road. I wave at ya! You wave back ya hear.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #18

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Marilyn,
A use-able fibreglass trailer typically goes for around $5000. I have four. I have paid between $3200 and $1300. They all are more then 35 years old, and required work, and none of them had a bathroom. None of them are for sale. The are parting gifts for my five kids, (I need at least two more).
I think what you are picking up on is that we think that your expectations are a bit unrealistic.
We are usually considered to be a friendly bunch, but we value our eggs. Since I am a bargain hunter, I doubt I would ever buy a trailer from someone on this site.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #19

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
...I think what you are picking up on is that we think that your expectations are a bit unrealistic....
I agree. My initial thoughts were that the boat was over-valued and the expected purchase price for the fiberglass eggs was far less than market value.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Old 07-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #20

Registry
Don't be discouraged, Marilyn- there are lots of bargains out there still. You just have to watch the ads etc. and be prepared to act quickly. I for one think you'd do better to sell the boat outright, especially since now is when folks would want to use it. Once you've got cash in hand, all sorts of possibilities open up. Trying to direct-swap a boat for ANY kind of trailer really narrows the field too much, in my opinion.

And if it's a fiberglass trailer you want, don't be discouraged by some of the high prices you see, especially online. DO keep an eye on that still-much-used resource, the classifieds in your local paper. In mine, for example, I saw a pristine Lil' Bigfoot go for $3500.00 last week- and a few months ago there was a FREE Boler!

Good luck to you...

Francesca