OLD AD: 2000 16' Scamp - side bath - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Send a message via AIM to Slocamper
OLD AD: 2000 16' Scamp - side bath

My wife and I "Might" be selling our Scamp 16. We really don't want to but we never get a chance to camp anymore. This Scamp has the side bathroom (toilet and shower). It also has about every option available that I can think of (even an oven, awning and TV shelf). The one thing it does not have is an air conditioner and I think that is all it is lacking. We haven't decided for sure yet to sell or not. We are thinking of listing it at $9000 if we decide to. Does anyone have any ideas out there if that is a good price etc. We are on the central coast of California by San Luis Obispo, Ca.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Jim... Scamp 16 side bath trailers are priced all over the map depending on year and condition... I've seen them as low as $5k and as high as $15k. Is yours a custom deluxe or standard? That you're near San Luis Obispo will cause it to sell quickly because there aren't any current manufacturers of new trailers on the west coast. The supply is lower compared to the demand, and folks have to go a long ways or pay to have a new one shipped. How much you get for it may depend largely on year and condition... it sounds well optioned. $9k sounds reasonable for a 2000 model or newer.

Roger
Old 04-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #3

It is the standard version (meaning fiberglass walls - not wood grain) but has all the added options except the air conditioner I think and is in fantastic shape. Of course it could use a wax job since the weather does dull it a little. I think it is in almost new shape. I tried to upload a picture but it didn't work. It has the hot water heater, , oven, city water option, refrig, spare wheel & tire, gravel shield, electric brakes, vinyl floor ( much easier to take care of than carpet), screen door, awning, mounted stabilizer jacks, small window over range, fluorescent light, silverware drawer, side cabinets, cable tv hook-up, heater with thermostat and like-new looking tires.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
My wife and I "Might" be selling our Scamp 16. We really don't want to but we never get a chance to camp anymore. This Scamp has the side bathroom (toilet and shower). It also has about every option available that I can think of (even an oven, awning and TV shelf). The one thing it does not have is an air conditioner and I think that is all it is lacking. We haven't decided for sure yet to sell or not. We are thinking of listing it at $9000 if we decide to. Does anyone have any ideas out there if that is a good price etc. We are on the central coast of California by San Luis Obispo, Ca.
Hi,
If you decide to sell this trailer please let me know. Ellen S.
<div align='left'></div>
Old 05-13-2010, 11:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 1980 13 ft Scamp

Jim:
Is your Scamp still for sale? Is the price of $9,000 firm? We have a 13' Scamp but would like to upgrade to one with a bathroom rather than a porta-potti. Hubby recently diagnosed with Guillain Barre and i think all we will be able to do is camp for a while. I don't
want one too big, as I have to do the driving now.
Please advise!
Thanks, Gail
Old 05-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #6

As of now the price would be firm. I still haven't completely convinced my wife we should sell it. It is in wonderful condition but we just haven't had time to use it. We probably have gotten to use it once or twice a year so it is really in new condition.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:

Jim:
Is your Scamp still for sale? Is the price of $9,000 firm? We have a 13' Scamp but would like to upgrade to one with a bathroom rather than a porta-potti. Hubby recently diagnosed with Guillain Barre and i think all we will be able to do is camp for a while. I don't
want one too big, as I have to do the driving now.
Please advise!
Thanks, Gail

Gail-
Sorry about your husband's illness.
Please let me know if you are selling the 13', as I am hot on the trail for one right now. Thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #8

Trailer: 1980 13 ft Scamp
Question

Gail-
Sorry about your husband's illness.
Please let me know if you are selling the 13', as I am hot on the trail for one right now. Thanks

Sorry, Lynn. I would only sell it if I could get a 16' side dinette w/bathroom. I guess a bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush. I bought this 13 footer from a person in Prescott, AZ, and we towed it back home to SoCal (Simi Valley). Good luck on your hunt for one....don't seem to be many available right now.
Gail

Tags
scamp