PURCHASED Wanted @13' fiberglass camper must sleep 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #1

PURCHASED Wanted @13' fiberglass camper must sleep 4

Looking for a 2004 or newer fiberglass camper. Must sleep 4. Must be located in the Southeast United States area. 10-16ft max. Wanted decent to great condition but willing to do some work on it if the price is right. Must be able to send lots of detail photos.

Ben Moffett
Greenville SC
Old 10-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

You may find want your looking for at the above location.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
You might want to post more info, like what condition you can accept, how big the 4 peeps are, what you will be towing with and an approximate budget.

If you want to sleep 2 adults and two teens, a 13' may not work for family harmony.

Also indiocate, in miles from where you are, willing to travel.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #4

Looking for something closer to SC but that might be an option if I can't find something closer

Ben Moffett
Greenville SC
Old 10-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
The link is to a site that has fiberglass RVs that are listed all over the country and Canada.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #6

Sorry not to be rude but I've looked there many times which is why I'm posting here.

Ben Moffett
Greenville SC
Old 10-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Did something happen in 2004 that I don't know about? Remember, these are not stick built trailers. It's more about maintenance than it will ever be about the year build. I've seen absolutely trashed trailers that are 8 years old or so and stellar trailers that are 30 years old.

Good luck on your egg hunt.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #8

You're not being rude, it's just that there aren't that many FGRV's out there and that link is the most populated For Sale source for our trailers.

I have made round trips of over 2000 miles (Los Angeles to Portland, OR) to pick up an FGRV and bring it home. Another member here recently drove over 2400 miles on a 3 day weekend, (RT) to just pick up a shell for an FGRV.

In short, it's usually not easy to find the one you want.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #9

Forgot to mention... My Hunter Compact-II (like almost all Hunters out there) is over 40 years old and it's in near perfect condition.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by beakerben View Post
Sorry not to be rude but I've looked there many times which is why I'm posting here.
Ben Moffett
Greenville SC
You're not being rude, but maybe a little but unfamiliar with these trailers and their popularity. Most owners will have no problem selling the trailer you're describing, so they're not likely to need to search for buyers.

Molded Fiberglass trailers are a great value, and people know it. So it's a sellers market with these lovelies, not the other way around. Hopefully, you will get lucky and there is someone in your area looking to sell.

In the meantime, explore around the site and research for your favorite model and brand. You'll find a lot of information here.

Welcome to the group, and happy hunting
Old 10-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #11

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Hopefully, you have looked at the marketplace on this site as well?
For Sale: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers - Fiberglass RV

After searching for a while, we finally ordered a new trailer (2014) with our own choice of options.

Good luck with your search!

Ray
Old 10-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #12

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:

Ben Moffett
Greenville SC
Think you will find you need to keep looking there many more times - those who are serious about making a purchase find they need to check that site and well as most Craigslist sites within several hundred miles of them several times a day....

Fiberglass trailers move/sell fast - or at least the ones that are in good condition with a reasonable price on them.

I am with Donna regarding how old of a trailer you are willing to look at. The condition of the trailer is far more important than the age. Have seen some pretty trashed out Scamps years newer than mine. Due to the fact not much has been changed in regards to the building of Scamps over the years people new to these trailers would have a hard time telling the difference between a 2004 and a well kept 1990's one.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #13

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Ben, welcome to the forum. I hear your frustration. Molded fiberglass trailers are a small market. Compared to traditional, stick-framed RVs, there are only a few small manufacturers with low annual output. Designs don't change much either, so people don't trade in every few years to get the "latest and greatest." The supply of used units is limited. I agree with those who suggest not automatically ruling out older units. You are also entering the market at a time when the market is cooling with the weather. Things heat up in the spring and early summer (along with prices, typically).

Keep looking, be patient, and be ready to act quickly when something does come up. Keep checking here, and on fiberglass-rv-4sale.com. The latter is mostly a reposting site, though, so many of their best listings sell locally before they are up even 24 hours. Because of that I would also check Craigslist daily in nearby cities (being cautious as scams are common). And keep your eyes open… I found mine sitting on a side street with a "For Sale" sign about this time two years ago.

Good luck in your "egg hunt."
Old 11-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #14

Found it! Bought It! And parked it at the house today! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1415496809.403111.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	78480

Ben Moffett
Greenville SC
Old 11-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations, Ben! Looks like you found a nice one. I like the Scamp side bath layout - great for families. Time for a road trip!
Old 11-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #16

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Looks like a beauty, Ben.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #17

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
A new memory maker for your family! Congrats!
Hope you have many happy camping trips in it
Old 11-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #18

Wanted @13' fiberglass camper must sleep 4

Thanks I love this layout as well and can't wait to pack her up and head out! After tent camping for the last couple of years I feel I have earned the right for an upgrade.

Ben Moffett
Greenville SC
Old 11-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #19

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Congratulations, looking good.